Help with Tyromax

pippocui

Hello everyone! I suffer from bad hashimoto hypothyroidism. I have treated it first with T4 and then with the combined therapy T3 / T4, various dosages, for many years. The numerical values of Tsh etc are within range, but I still have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism, including low temperatures.

So I decided to give NDT a try, having never tried natural thyroid. I wanted to ask you:
1) what are the differences between NDT and T3 / T4 combined?
2) is it enough to take tyromax once a day in the morning or should I take it several times a day?
3) can this change to tyromax make a difference for me?

Dannyb

I would be interested to hear about timing or how the dosage should be broken up throughout the day. I started with one drop in the morning, following week added another drop mid morning and now have a third drop mid afternoon. Ive been winging it and would love some with experience to comment on the best way to dose

OP
P

pippocui

Today I took the first dose orally. I put the drops on a teaspoon and took them. Is it okay as an intake?

Nemo

Hello everyone! I suffer from bad hashimoto hypothyroidism. I have treated it first with T4 and then with the combined therapy T3 / T4, various dosages, for many years. The numerical values of Tsh etc are within range, but I still have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism, including low temperatures.

So I decided to give NDT a try, having never tried natural thyroid. I wanted to ask you:
1) what are the differences between NDT and T3 / T4 combined?
2) is it enough to take tyromax once a day in the morning or should I take it several times a day?
3) can this change to tyromax make a difference for me?

Ray Peat has suggested taking low dose T3 throughout the day with a combined T3/T4 product at night. It you take the Tyromax with dinner, it will allow you to safely absorb it over hours.

I'm wondering why your earlier T3/T4 therapy didn't relieve your symptoms. Dr. Peat has said that if your thyroid therapy doesn't work, it's usually due to free fatty acids.

You might want to give some attention to getting your FFA levels down by using aspirin and niacinamide at regular intervals throughout the day as well as at bedtime. I'd be very careful about raising your thyroid dose until after you see the effects of that. You may have to lower your thyroid dose after your FFA levels are reduced.

rayban

I would be interested to hear about timing or how the dosage should be broken up throughout the day. I started with one drop in the morning, following week added another drop mid morning and now have a third drop mid afternoon. Ive been winging it and would love some with experience to comment on the best way to dose
Im on 75mcg of t4 and I take it 3 hours after dinner. In the morning i've tried and I don't like to have an alarm to take the pill, it cuts my sleep. I wake up late at around 2 pm, and around 7 to 10 is probably my deep sleep time. Yes my cyrcadian rymthm is not so good, I want to wake up at least at 12 and get sun again, but im definitely not a early morning person so im taking the meds at night. From the studies i've seen it doesn't matter much at night vs morning. However antibodies are never 0.

rayban

Ray Peat has suggested taking low dose T3 throughout the day with a combined T3/T4 product at night. It you take the Tyromax with dinner, it will allow you to safely absorb it over hours.

I'm wondering why your earlier T3/T4 therapy didn't relieve your symptoms. Dr. Peat has said that if your thyroid therapy doesn't work, it's usually due to free fatty acids.

You might want to give some attention to getting your FFA levels down by using aspirin and niacinamide at regular intervals throughout the day as well as at bedtime. I'd be very careful about raising your thyroid dose until after you see the effects of that. You may have to lower your thyroid dose after your FFA levels are reduced.
How do you measure free fatty acids accurately?

Nemo

How do you measure free fatty acids accurately?

I don't know, rayban. I went by symptoms. I knew I couldn't lose weight, and inability to lose weight was likely due to insulin resistance, which is due to high free fatty acids.

So before hitting the niacinamide and aspirin hard for a week, I couldn't lose weight. After that week, I lost 2 lbs a week for a few weeks, then averaged 1 lb a week (a bit less toward the end) until my weight had returned to normal. I was eating more calories while I was losing weight than I'd been eating before the niacinamide/aspirin week, when I couldn't lose weight.

Also, Ray says free fatty acids interfere with thyroid. After the niacinamide/aspirin week, I had to cut my thyroid supplementation sharply because of hyperthyroid symptoms.

rayban

I don't know, rayban. I went by symptoms. I knew I couldn't lose weight, and inability to lose weight was likely due to insulin resistance, which is due to high free fatty acids.

So before hitting the niacinamide and aspirin hard for a week, I couldn't lose weight. After that week, I lost 2 lbs a week for a few weeks, then averaged 1 lb a week (a bit less toward the end) until my weight had returned to normal. I was eating more calories while I was losing weight than I'd been eating before the niacinamide/aspirin week, when I couldn't lose weight.

Also, Ray says free fatty acids interfere with thyroid. After the niacinamide/aspirin week, I had to cut my thyroid supplementation sharply because of hyperthyroid symptoms.

im 5'9'' 132 lbs with visible abs, I really don't get it. Im supposedly hypo for 10+ years yet i've never had by abs covered by fat. I just wish I could find a way to stop the stupid antibodies from attacking my thyroid. Also my tongue has been itchy at random times, I wonder if I have an unresolved allergy to something. I would like a full test on all possible foods, but im not sure such a test exist that is accurate.

Nemo

im 5'9'' 132 lbs with visible abs, I really don't get it. Im supposedly hypo for 10+ years yet i've never had by abs covered by fat. I just wish I could find a way to stop the stupid antibodies from attacking my thyroid. Also my tongue has been itchy at random times, I wonder if I have an unresolved allergy to something. I would like a full test on all possible foods, but im not sure such a test exist that is accurate.

May be estrogen, Rayban: Immunodeficiency, dioxins, stress, and the hormones

What about trying Cortinon or equivalent?

bavy

Also, Ray says free fatty acids interfere with thyroid. After the niacinamide/aspirin week, I had to cut my thyroid supplementation sharply because of hyperthyroid symptoms.W
WOW! Thank you for sharing. How much niacinamide did you take? I read that over 500mg is dangerous.

Nemo

WOW! Thank you for sharing. How much niacinamide did you take? I read that over 500mg is dangerous.

bavy, I started with Source Naturals time-release niacinamide, 1500 mg. It took 7 hours to wear off and was a fairly miserable experience while it lasted. It was hard to drink enough OJ to keep up. But I think it did give me a jump on getting rid of high levels of free fatty acids. It's also great at reducing serotonin levels.

Then I either took 2-3 aspirin or 25-50 mg of niacinamide every 3ish hours. I planned to do that for a week but by the third night it was very clear something had changed dramatically. I had to start cutting back on thyroid because I was starting to get hyperthyroid symptoms and I started losing weight.

And yes, you can run into trouble with high doses of niacinamide. You can reportedly run into methylation problems and you can also just run into hypoglycemia.

If I were going to do it again, I'd probably skip the big dose and just go straight to the lower doses of aspirin or niacinamide and just keep going with it until I saw the changes I expected.

equipoise

Niacinamide is still pretty safe >500mg. Studies for schizophrenia show multiple grams per day. I can't keep up with niacinamide's uncoupling after 6pm though, interrupts my sleep too much. But 3 doses of 100mg split throughout the day are what I love.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals