Help with Prednisone

messtafarian

K it turns out I really really need a pretty tame dose of prednisone -- 40mg for 5 days.

I hate prednisone. I become insane every time I take it. Is there anything that can offset whatever weird damage it does to a person's system while they are on it and once they get off? This is a really low dose for most people but I am terribly sensitive to it.

Peata

I don't know the answer, but just wanted to say I relate to not doing well on it. Everyone says they love being on it and feel like superman, but I can't understand that. The times I've taken it (Short term, like a week) just felt like utter crap - sweaty and insane. And couldn't sleep.

Hope you get some help with this and for whatever you're taking it for.

OP
M

messtafarian

Actually ten minutes after I took the first pill my symptoms resolved but I was crying the whole time, lol.

OP
M

messtafarian

Or, actually:

Are there natural alternatives to prednisone? As I said, just minutes after I took the first pill I felt better. I really needed it, badly, and that means that I NEED CORTISOL. I have been in so much pain but I don't want to stick with this stuff. I was given a five day dose but I'm cutting the last day in half to taper just slightly.

Been researching, just doesn't seem to be much alternative to prednisone out there. Anybody have a secret weapon?

answersfound

messtafarian said:
Or, actually:

Are there natural alternatives to prednisone? As I said, just minutes after I took the first pill I felt better. I really needed it, badly, and that means that I NEED CORTISOL. I have been in so much pain but I don't want to stick with this stuff. I was given a five day dose but I'm cutting the last day in half to taper just slightly.

Been researching, just doesn't seem to be much alternative to prednisone out there. Anybody have a secret weapon?

Pregnenolone.

OP
M

messtafarian

I've been taking it every day for months. It did nothing like one 20 mg tab of prednisone did. It makes me wonder why that is and where the pregnenolone is going.

natedawggh

Are you taking progesterone? Progesterone acts like cortisol without any of the negative side effects. That's what Peat says in an article. Whatever is hurting you too, Progesterone will help heal it by increasing cellular metabolism and blood volume/flow. Also, if you're only taking a little bit of it you should take much higher doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals