Help with methionine restricting diet for cancer

Healthseeker

You don't want to be constipated. You want to be pooping as much as you can, it will make your liver work faster and better and you will have more health.

Healthseeker

Try skipping dinner and taking laxative with sennosides in it and see if that makes a dent

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think eggs are a good or bad food for someone with cancer to eat?”

RAY PEAT:

“It depends on the quantity; cancer grows well when fat or protein is available as an energy source.”

supercoolguy

Thanks for the suggestion! I was just on the Live giving store website looking at their cascara. I've always felt the capsule form wasn't great. Two capsules at night and I might have one decent movement the next day - not always guaranteed. I'll need some help since Cypro can make people constipated from what I've read - I don't need to be MORE constipated :grimacing:
Gave this store a try.

Dont know or affiliate with the site . But I can tell you its Waaay better Cascara Bark, Tea.
Over the powder stuff ive been trying For Years & Years

Yeah after my guts moving, Only Then would i add a compound with that specific SE. Think that cypro side-effect is dose dependent. I mean holy cows 0.5-1mg is gonna cause that much of a SE ??? Maybe when you get up there in mg that seems reasonable. But you must watch your own response.

Hope it helps, and be well. Use your best judgement and listen to RP Directly.

Edit:
If you use that Stronger Cascar Bark Tea. I recommend you be in a state of stable hydration BEFORE use. What i mean is....
Throughout the day have your Juice & Water & Ripe Fruits. Then toward the eve have the tea. BC its going to Pull That Water into your gut. In turn you might start to get thirsty after the cascara effects. Dont let the effects concern you too much. Duration can be around 36hrs.

Last edited:
OP
Philomath

Philomath

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think eggs are a good or bad food for someone with cancer to eat?”

RAY PEAT:

“It depends on the quantity; cancer grows well when fat or protein is available as an energy source.”
Hmmm. Do you think he means all protein or specific amino acids. Today I had one egg yolk a tablespoon of hydrolyzed gelatin, potato and 2 juiced potatoes. Tomorrow, more juiced potatoes and no egg.
Btw, I took 24 drops of cypro today 3x, 8 drops at .5mg each - and I wasn’t a zombie. Either I’m tolerating it well, I’m taking it improperly (under tongue), or my bottle is old and “expired”.
I took 150mg of niacinamide too.
Still pretty cool temp wise… I wish I could nock my metabolism into overdrive. Do you think caffeine or t3 with a boatload of sugar would accomplish that?
Let me know what you think.
Thank you!

Hmmm. Do you think he means all protein or specific amino acids. Today I had one egg yolk a tablespoon of hydrolyzed gelatin, potato and 2 juiced potatoes. Tomorrow, more juiced potatoes and no egg.
Btw, I took 24 drops of cypro today 3x, 8 drops at .5mg each - and I wasn’t a zombie. Either I’m tolerating it well, I’m taking it improperly (under tongue), or my bottle is old and “expired”.
I took 150mg of niacinamide too.
Still pretty cool temp wise… I wish I could nock my metabolism into overdrive. Do you think caffeine or t3 with a boatload of sugar would accomplish that?
Let me know what you think.
Thank you!
I think any proteins that are high in fat probably should be avoided, especially chicken, pork and salmon. I would go for potato protein and the gelatin, maybe even nonfat milk, but keep your protein under 40 to 50 grams. I would avoid the white sugar and go with fruit. Make soups with broccoli and asparagus for the fiber and sulfur.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

I think any proteins that are high in fat probably should be avoided, especially chicken, pork and salmon. I would go for potato protein and the gelatin, maybe even nonfat milk, but keep your protein under 40 to 50 grams. I would avoid the white sugar and go with fruit. Make soups with broccoli and asparagus for the fiber and sulfur.
Good call. I bought a juicer yesterday. I may juice some kale and veggies for the nutrients.

tankasnowgod

One thing that I (and others) have noticed is that larger doses of cypro avoid or minimize the "zombieness."

When I originally tried cypro at 1mg a day, the zombieness lasted for weeks.... and I stopped it.

When I did a 4mg dose, it lasted for a couple days, and coffee was able to make it go away. This can be a good "loading" dose, even if you cut back.

Still others have mentioned taking 8-12 mg in a day (or more) and having zero zombieness from the get go.

After a few months, I upped it to 8mg, and not only didn't have any zombie like feeling, but cypro would sometimes be energizing.

Scroll thru this thread, and you will see examples-

Kvothe

To make a long story short - about this time in 2019 I had surgery to remove a mucoepidermoid carcinoma tumor from my parotid salivary gland. The ENT removed the whole gland, some lymph nodes and added a fat graft where the gland used to reside. I also had some radiation treatments as well.

In January of this year, the side of my face where I had the surgery became "paralyzed" - specifically, my lower eyelid, cheek, mouth and some neck muscles stopped working properly. I thought it may have something to do with Covid (I had OTC covid test come back positive on Christmas day) which I thought may be a temporary side effect.
A couple months later I ended up getting a MRI and visited a Neuro Ophthalmologist (for the palsy) The neuro doc said everything looked fine except for the MRI showed the fat graft as "Lit Up" showing signs of metastasis... it looked to me like the fat graft was lit up. So either the fat graft was "consumed" by the cancer, or the contrast (gadolinium I believe) can make fat show up as white. As far as my partial palsy, I thought initially maybe it was covid, or an issue with scar tissue, but maybe it is a growing tumor now.

Either way, I'm making an appointment with an ENT at a well regarded teaching hospital in the area. I'm sure I wont get in right away so I figure I have a couple weeks to try my own therapy.

Here is what I have begun:
1. Low Methionine diet / or 1.5g niacinamide / high BCAA's
2. 12 mg Cyproheptadine daily (working up to that)
3. Cascara Sagrada (emodin)
3. Inhibition of SFA through Niacinamide, Aspirin and Vitamin E
4. Progesterone/DHEA (cortinon)

So each of these methods I've read about here on the forum - thanks to @haidut for posting most of these studies. What I need help with is dosing. The Niacinamide, aspirin and Cypro were outline in the various posts, but I questions about the others. How much Vit E, BCAA's and Cortinon would be beneficial, and I have cascara - should I get a stronger emodin product - like Emodin, beta-lapachone, pau-darco, Vit K Methylene Blue or panquinone or Lapodin, CoQ10 or Quinine? And what's a good dose?

What about pregnenolone, RU486/Mifepristone, Doxycycline, Acetazolamide/B1 and fenbendazol? And is Vitamin E good for treating cancer or is it counter-productive?

Any suggestions on dosing or other ideas in general would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
@Blossom @Rinse & rePeat @charlie @Inaut @burtlancast @Heroico

Why do you want to take BCAA? Especially when taken out of food context, they can be cancer promoters. I would just go for a low-protein-diet in general. Keep it around 50g and eat as many carbs and good fats as you desire. Eat only when hungry and accordng to appetite. I'd also be careful with the niacinamide. When your carbohydrate metabolism is poor, taking too much can further disrupt it and result in ugly free fatty acid rebounds.
Generally as supplements are concerned, I wouldn't go with a the-more-the-merrier-approach. Go with the safest and cleanest things with the best record: Aspirin, progesterone, vitamin D (in olive oil) and cypro (if you tolerate it well).

OP
Philomath

Philomath

One thing that I (and others) have noticed is that larger doses of cypro avoid or minimize the "zombieness."

When I originally tried cypro at 1mg a day, the zombieness lasted for weeks.... and I stopped it.

When I did a 4mg dose, it lasted for a couple days, and coffee was able to make it go away. This can be a good "loading" dose, even if you cut back.

Still others have mentioned taking 8-12 mg in a day (or more) and having zero zombieness from the get go.

After a few months, I upped it to 8mg, and not only didn't have any zombie like feeling, but cypro would sometimes be energizing.

Scroll thru this thread, and you will see examples-

I’m up to 12 mg (24 drops orally). It’s a little hard to get out of bed in the morning, but no other issues at this point. I’ve been putting it under my tongue - is that the best place to administer?

tankasnowgod

I’m up to 12 mg (24 drops orally). It’s a little hard to get out of bed in the morning, but no other issues at this point. I’ve been putting it under my tongue - is that the best place to administer?
I don't know what's best, but I had tablets, and I took them orally. That worked great for me. This was all late summer of 2020 into 2021, and I really needed a serotonin antagonist. Around the same time, I also used an old bottle of ritanserin (prolly had it about 3-4 years) that I used topically (on the wrists, so it would absorb quickly and get into my system), and it also had a noticeable, positive effect. So, I would think orally, topically or under the tongue could all potentially work.

For me, dose and consistency seemed more important. I detailed me experience in the linked thread, but I took 4mg (and later upped it to 8mg) for about 6-8 months or so, and noticed positives on mood, energy, and digestion. And those benefits largely stayed around after I stopped taking it. It really seemed to reduce my adrenaline response, and that hasn't changed after about a year and a half.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Why do you want to take BCAA? Especially when taken out of food context, they can be cancer promoters. I would just go for a low-protein-diet in general. Keep it around 50g and eat as many carbs and good fats as you desire. Eat only when hungry and accordng to appetite. I'd also be careful with the niacinamide. When your carbohydrate metabolism is poor, taking too much can further disrupt it and result in ugly free fatty acid rebounds.
Generally as supplements are concerned, I wouldn't go with a the-more-the-merrier-approach. Go with the safest and cleanest things with the best record: Aspirin, progesterone, vitamin D (in olive oil) and cypro (if you tolerate it well).

We’ll I don’t really want to take extra BCAA’s, it was suggested by @haidut as a means to lower methionine
Finally, in one of my older posts on the forum I talked about how higher intake of BCAA lowered absorption of methionine by 35%.
Thread 'Methionine Depletion'
Methionine Depletion

That said, I believe you and @Rinse & rePeat are probably right about severely limiting protein in general.
This article posted by @aliml recommends lysine restriction above all the other AA’s, but it seems lowering intake in general is best. Interestingly, they recommend maize a a form of protein

Summary​

Now, we can systematically answer the four questions raised at the beginning. First, AA restrictions could be a common and effective metabolic intervention for cancer since the AA metabolisms could use up to 58% of the total ATP for protein synthesis and RNA/DNA synthesis (Fig. 1b). Second, leucine is the most heavily used AA in human proteome; serine ranks the second; tryptophan is the least used and available EAA. Third, lysine is a particularly important EAA as discussed above, which restriction the proliferation of cancer cells might be most vulnerable and sensitive to. Fourth, it is recommended that the most practical dietary strategy for cancer intervention is using normal maize as an intermittent staple food for days, weeks or even months for lysine restriction, and starchy foods, vegetables and fruit serving as complementary foods to meet daily micronutrient needs and for a rich and varied diet.
Thread 'Intermittent dietary lysine restriction with normal maize, might have the value and potential for cancer prevention or therapy'
Intermittent dietary lysine restriction with normal maize, might have the value and potential for cancer prevention or therapy

Healthseeker

I had a friend that had bell's palsy once he did a lot of drugs. I think the treatment was progesterone actually and your taking that so is it working?
Please post your diet exactly if you need help

Ania

Maybe you should consider adding Meldonium or Pyrucet ?

Below they show how Meldonium works in glioblastoma and triple negative breast cancer, some of the most resistant cancers to any therapy.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I was quite lucky it was in situ, but still a lot of stress, surgery, radiotherapy, and the fear it may come back in an invasive form any time. I ve been taking meldonium ever since and I am going to take it as long as I have access to it. I also take cypro, aspirin and thyroid. Plus I reduced my protein intake, but not too low. I try not to exceed 50 g per day.
The rest of my diet are fruits. I feel great, but I know it does not mean anything. I felt great when they diagnosed me.
Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you. Try being optimistic, it really helps. Good luck. Let us know how thing are going.
(I couldn’t find another llink that would not take so much space, sorry)

https://watermark.silverchair.com/2874.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAsswggLHBgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggK4MIICtAIBADCCAq0GCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMc8wlTP1Ppz7p4i8fAgEQgIICftFE1uscrnSC8lHDCAbSLdHfV-LaGxXzgfNjvEn3hMDnAh2nuVqz-Nh5uzDNOPCek_xCOx4n1RdDvkiwWKsnSs35J-PIG3Uy4kUR2GTQUKkjAWqRwwi7gPfUTLnsQJqTYW1Nc5MGxrwK-cdhzrlORutsuS1XoXrPgkV5c5lS9LM62Mg_QI8cWiQ-pdv4JUeq1i8ZjMjCqx8iqRgGBGDx8eqROXiM0gyRV5D7eIrX4_kmbu7orDPNXJM_w8WpzKqJhaS26juLuNaCerkRemxOFf0mtRW0BnTDFhJbPAHS0X0ZduAtAw5LLyeFcNfexGFR2TFpx7vv2xBH9KgFhDiHBs9nuzJcX70fF5E3zq4WwLdISm82mH1_EsbeAVkFBPgIumdjsuooOtY6NgwldkOGscTlJkv7nhNRIIzEnDkhs02DoiOGC2l9MLK-LFTcBh2vDDvQsLzGz0KkwYhxQnnvAvh69E0Hoq_SfamdC24p89JxfkyelcCayOwU65VgEK9O8Kb4z1NjUVG5KdvUjjun6zzKmieRNyQwSkXz51bWHIJB2CL29Z58HEoXlmH5SzVLUx0btBP18jY-8MDAD_-ozyM8DYifiMcL31G4bXvkEoFqkwCpEl18UOCIrjc_3BiyjYGI2WRxQ9knf-PWOxHI1a06-71JNgkNdDkIrOCdmsMa10w3yB9PgDP-YGzYClYfHuCUraIowPRqSnO2K7HQQ33lJnNC1YRartrE9GEKXaY5oh6ktlO7GPtkEVTGNYQxbjeibQHsoQ7x4tAY867zut4WVfmMpL3HM77IsymHTRHcpkbySwTe1giQm0MoM7E28gJfUY7s2SJ1jMAoQvWa

Ania

Sorry, I see the link does not work, I’ll try to find some other way

Ania

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Maybe you should consider adding Meldonium or Pyrucet ?

Below they show how Meldonium works in glioblastoma and triple negative breast cancer, some of the most resistant cancers to any therapy.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I was quite lucky it was in situ, but still a lot of stress, surgery, radiotherapy, and the fear it may come back in an invasive form any time. I ve been taking meldonium ever since and I am going to take it as long as I have access to it. I also take cypro, aspirin and thyroid. Plus I reduced my protein intake, but not too low. I try not to exceed 50 g per day.
The rest of my diet are fruits. I feel great, but I know it does not mean anything. I felt great when they diagnosed me.
Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you. Try being optimistic, it really helps. Good luck. Let us know how thing are going.
(I couldn’t find another llink that would not take so much space, sorry)

https://watermark.silverchair.com/2874.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAsswggLHBgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggK4MIICtAIBADCCAq0GCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMc8wlTP1Ppz7p4i8fAgEQgIICftFE1uscrnSC8lHDCAbSLdHfV-LaGxXzgfNjvEn3hMDnAh2nuVqz-Nh5uzDNOPCek_xCOx4n1RdDvkiwWKsnSs35J-PIG3Uy4kUR2GTQUKkjAWqRwwi7gPfUTLnsQJqTYW1Nc5MGxrwK-cdhzrlORutsuS1XoXrPgkV5c5lS9LM62Mg_QI8cWiQ-pdv4JUeq1i8ZjMjCqx8iqRgGBGDx8eqROXiM0gyRV5D7eIrX4_kmbu7orDPNXJM_w8WpzKqJhaS26juLuNaCerkRemxOFf0mtRW0BnTDFhJbPAHS0X0ZduAtAw5LLyeFcNfexGFR2TFpx7vv2xBH9KgFhDiHBs9nuzJcX70fF5E3zq4WwLdISm82mH1_EsbeAVkFBPgIumdjsuooOtY6NgwldkOGscTlJkv7nhNRIIzEnDkhs02DoiOGC2l9MLK-LFTcBh2vDDvQsLzGz0KkwYhxQnnvAvh69E0Hoq_SfamdC24p89JxfkyelcCayOwU65VgEK9O8Kb4z1NjUVG5KdvUjjun6zzKmieRNyQwSkXz51bWHIJB2CL29Z58HEoXlmH5SzVLUx0btBP18jY-8MDAD_-ozyM8DYifiMcL31G4bXvkEoFqkwCpEl18UOCIrjc_3BiyjYGI2WRxQ9knf-PWOxHI1a06-71JNgkNdDkIrOCdmsMa10w3yB9PgDP-YGzYClYfHuCUraIowPRqSnO2K7HQQ33lJnNC1YRartrE9GEKXaY5oh6ktlO7GPtkEVTGNYQxbjeibQHsoQ7x4tAY867zut4WVfmMpL3HM77IsymHTRHcpkbySwTe1giQm0MoM7E28gJfUY7s2SJ1jMAoQvWa

Thank you @Ania. I do have Pyrucet and I have taken it. I’ve also been taking Doxycycline too. Where do you get your meldonium?

Ania

I am in Poland, many online stores for bodybuilders sell it. I think they bring it from Ukraine, because you do not need prescription there. I thought, that because of war there will be shortage, but for the time being it is still available.
I realize that in the US it may be more complicated. But, from what I understand Pyrucet has similar effect, although probably through different mechanism.
I once contacted prof. Ivars Kalvins, who created meldonium. I was asking about my mom and how effective it can be in her case ( heart disease). Unfortunately, then I did not ask him the question that bothers me the most right now. What exactly happens to fat on meldonium. Now his email is inactive, so I have no chance to ask him. However, dr Peat once said he new someone, who took it for 30 years without side effects.