Help with IdeaLabs nail analysis results

Borz

Forum Supporter
Many things appear very high in my IdeaLabs nail analysis, I wonder if they're a cause for concern, besides the obvious Aluminium.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.22.49 PM.png

conrad0602

Not entirely sure how these tests should be interpreted. My understanding is that if a mineral is low on the test it means it's not being properly balanced and is over accumulating in the body. And if it's high it's being flushed out of the system by an opposing mineral. So middle of the range would be the ideal. Be great to get some insight @haidut !

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I also do not really know what to make out of my nail analysis. In the past I've had calcium sky high and feel better that it normalized now, but really don't know what to get from these results.

My potassium was very high and copper very low (shrugs).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve read from a couple sources that zinc and copper are better judged from blood. I had a HTMA 3 years ago and I now think it’s virtually worthless unless you have someone trained in analyzing the results for you. Hopefully someone here is knowledgeable in interpreting the data.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I’ve read from a couple sources that zinc and copper are better judged from blood. I had a HTMA 3 years ago and I now think it’s virtually worthless unless you have someone trained in analyzing the results for you. Hopefully someone here is knowledgeable in interpreting the data.
I've had someone trained analyze my hair results as well as the whole monty panel (Morley trained), and still was useless a few years ago.
Interestingly, my nail mineral analysis is very different from the hair one a couple of years ago.

tastyfood

Welcome to the high aluminum club. Mine was 3 times as high as yours! Do you have any suspicion about where it could be coming from for you?

For the other results, the main thread has useful comments for you: these quotes are not mine.

• RP: If the hair and nails have an abnormally large amount of calcium, it’s more likely to indicate a dietary deficiency than excess, since when there is a deficiency of calcium in the diet, or vitamin D, the parathyroid hormone increases, causing calcium from the bones to move into the other tissues. A vitamin K deficiency is another cause.""
  • High levels of say calcium in nail would probably suggest dietary calcium deficiency, not excess. So, in such a situation I would increase calcium intake and/or vitamin D/K intake,
  • Thiamine can chelate heavy metals like lead and maybe even aluminum.
  • Insulin, adrenaline, aldosterone, potassium channel blockers can all cause elevation of intracellular potassium.
  • Not enough Na. K and Na are working in tandem, in a sense: Increasing Na will bring down K and vice versa, similar to Ca and P.
  • The good news is that most of the toxicity seems to come from interaction with PUFA in tissues, so using vitamin E and/or increasing SFA intake should be protective.
  • high calcium ~= dietary calcium deficiency and/or high PDH with low vitamin D,

tastyfood

Not entirely sure how these tests should be interpreted. My understanding is that if a mineral is low on the test it means it's not being properly balanced and is over accumulating in the body. And if it's high it's being flushed out of the system by an opposing mineral. So middle of the range would be the ideal. Be great to get some insight @haidut !
This test is not an excretion test, but rather an analog of how much of the elements we have in the tissues.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've had someone trained analyze my hair results as well as the whole monty panel (Morley trained), and still was useless a few years ago.
Interestingly, my nail mineral analysis is very different from the hair one a couple of years ago.
Yes, it definitely matters who is doing the interpretation!

Nighteyes

There was a lot of great discussions going on about mineral balancing and hair mineral tests on hackstasis. Such a shame the forum closed down. The consensus over there was also that interpreting your results alone and working on one mineral at a time is near impossible. Everything is so inter-connected.. as it should be given how complex we are. Maybe try and find out where Gbolduev went off to? Definitely had a lot of experience with the stuff whether you like his persona or not :borg:

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
Welcome to the high aluminum club. Mine was 3 times as high as yours! Do you have any suspicion about where it could be coming from for you?

For the other results, the main thread has useful comments for you: these quotes are not mine.

• RP: If the hair and nails have an abnormally large amount of calcium, it’s more likely to indicate a dietary deficiency than excess, since when there is a deficiency of calcium in the diet, or vitamin D, the parathyroid hormone increases, causing calcium from the bones to move into the other tissues. A vitamin K deficiency is another cause.""
  • High levels of say calcium in nail would probably suggest dietary calcium deficiency, not excess. So, in such a situation I would increase calcium intake and/or vitamin D/K intake,
  • Thiamine can chelate heavy metals like lead and maybe even aluminum.
  • Insulin, adrenaline, aldosterone, potassium channel blockers can all cause elevation of intracellular potassium.
  • Not enough Na. K and Na are working in tandem, in a sense: Increasing Na will bring down K and vice versa, similar to Ca and P.
  • The good news is that most of the toxicity seems to come from interaction with PUFA in tissues, so using vitamin E and/or increasing SFA intake should be protective.
  • high calcium ~= dietary calcium deficiency and/or high PDH with low vitamin D,
I have no idea where the aluminum could be coming from.

My diet has been very rich in calcium and other electrolytes for a long time now, and I’ve been taking Vitamin D and K2 for a long time, so I don’t know what to make of RP’s comments.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals