Help with hormones

Dimibo

Hello all,

I had a traumatic upbringing and am now reviewing how to mitigate how the stress impacted my growth.

I am trying to have DHT prescribed and wanted to know how to supplement it in order to not shut down my natural production.

Thank you for your help.

ChemHead

Hello all,

I had a traumatic upbringing and am now reviewing how to mitigate how the stress impacted my growth.

I am trying to have DHT prescribed and wanted to know how to supplement it in order to not shut down my natural production.

Thank you for your help.
It isn't possible to supplement any hormone without eventually shutting down your natural production. If you know that you are deficient in DHT (which is almost impossible to tell without very specific testing for steroid metabolites of DHT, or previous use of 5a-reductase inhibitors), supplementation may help some symptoms, but be aware that its use will lower your testosterone and estrogen concentrations and you'll suffer symptoms of deficiency from those such as aching joints and alteration in libido.

DHT doesn't belong in circulation, just like estradiol doesn't belong in circulation. These hormones are meant to be synthesized and handled locally within various tissues that their enzymes for production are expressed. When their purpose is accomplished, they're metabolized in the tissues and eliminated. They don't really see circulation, so they don't affect your body's feedback loops that regulate steroid synthesis. This is why you generally only see very small concentrations of these steroids in serum. Your body makes quite a bit more than what you'll see in a lab test, but it's all enzymatically metabolized locally, so you don't see that unless you're testing for a metabolite.