Help With Chronic Reflux

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Is it safe to drink 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda daily in water, to help keep chronic reflux at bay? Any other suggestions for dealing with reflux/ LPR?

Recoen

You could have slow transit times. How is your thyroid? Have you tried B1?

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
You could have slow transit times. How is your thyroid? Have you tried B1?

haven’t tried b1. I do take b6 and b12. I have taken thyroid meds for years and I don’t feel like I’m hypo thyroid. My transit times can occasionally be sluggish but not normally,

You could try D-Limonene, Jarrow do one 500mg per gelcap @Inaut
I recommend it :):

Maljam

What is your diet? Have you tried any dietary modifications? Reflux is usually a sign of inflammation from an irritating food.

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
What is your diet? Have you tried any dietary modifications? Reflux is usually a sign of inflammation from an irritating food.

I am eating more protein, which seems to help. Eggs for breakfast, meat and veggies for lunch and dinner. Chocolate, garlic, sugar, and sauces seem to inflame me more. My doctor had me on PPIs for a month earlier in the year. Ever since I got off the meds, I have been a lot worse off! I wish I hadn’t of gone on them.

rei

You perhaps got inflamed fascia from the PPI somewhere which either tensions on your stomach or prevents proper sphincter function. A Case of Proton Pump Inhibitor-induced Fasciitis Try to do some stretching and feel if you can feel new tension in some place and try releasing it. You could also try some methods to increase metabolism in hope of the fascia regenerating.

Inaut

For me personally, my reflux started when my liver/gallbladder started messing up. Years of a shoddy diet, stress and over eating...

What I find to be very helpful nowadays is taking some malic acid with my meals. It also helps relax my gallbladder but also digestion. Bitters are also helpful for me.

TheFatKid

I used to have severe heartburn especially after coffee and aspirin. Famotidine fixed it permanently. Have you tried it?

Motif

You perhaps got inflamed fascia from the PPI somewhere which either tensions on your stomach or prevents proper sphincter function. A Case of Proton Pump Inhibitor-induced Fasciitis Try to do some stretching and feel if you can feel new tension in some place and try releasing it. You could also try some methods to increase metabolism in hope of the fascia regenerating.

I need to do more stretches. All my muscles are tight and I’m pretty sure my chronic cough and sinus issues come from acid now

@Jkbp any improvement meanwhile ?

rei

You need to do a kind of stretching, more accurately postural exercises. Muscle tension, cough, sinus issues all stem from chronic fascial tension. When the fascia that connect to or cause pressure against these structures is under excessive tension it makes the tissues produce more thrombin to facilitate repair. This makes the secretions become thick. It also causes inflammation as activity is increased.

Same is true also in intestines, and in fact everywhere in the body. If your intestinal fascia is under chronic tension you are bound to have digestion issues.

I recommend you read through and watch all the videos on this site to see how fascial tension leads to most chronic issues your tissues experience, but here is the link to specifically the page concerning thrombin Thromin in addition to this i suggest my thread on this forum about fascia for some general overview Fluid Tissue - Fascinating Fasciae

Motif

You need to do a kind of stretching, more accurately postural exercises. Muscle tension, cough, sinus issues all stem from chronic fascial tension. When the fascia that connect to or cause pressure against these structures is under excessive tension it makes the tissues produce more thrombin to facilitate repair. This makes the secretions become thick. It also causes inflammation as activity is increased.

Same is true also in intestines, and in fact everywhere in the body. If your intestinal fascia is under chronic tension you are bound to have digestion issues.

I recommend you read through and watch all the videos on this site to see how fascial tension leads to most chronic issues your tissues experience, but here is the link to specifically the page concerning thrombin Thromin in addition to this i suggest my thread on this forum about fascia for some general overview Fluid Tissue - Fascinating Fasciae
Thanks! I will check this out !

What would you say helps the most for this problem?

fascia Rolling? Long stretches ? Massage gun?

what improvements habe you made ?

rei

The problem stems from chronic postural damage, so what i have called chiropractic yoga, or what on youtube is called myofascial unwinding is what is the idea to go for, also esther gokhale has her "method" that can give some clues, especially her shoulder rolling exercises she describes in some of her videos can be a good first step to get the process going. Search this forum for both of those terms for plenty of content i have written. To sum it up in one sentence: you need to get you spine completely straight again.

But this is all the "what", for the "why" the thrombin/mammalian stress mechanism theory is the best i have found to study.

Motif

Thanks! I will check this out !

What would you say helps the most for this problem?

fascia Rolling? Long stretches ? Massage gun?
The problem stems from chronic postural damage, so what i have called chiropractic yoga, or what on youtube is called myofascial unwinding is what is the idea to go for, also esther gokhale has her "method" that can give some clues, especially her shoulder rolling exercises she describes in some of her videos can be a good first step to get the process going. Search this forum for both of those terms for plenty of content i have written. To sum it up in one sentence: you need to get you spine completely straight again.

But this is all the "what", for the "why" the thrombin/mammalian stress mechanism theory is the best i have found to study.
Cool, i will look more into that