help to understand test results

viv_s

TSH 1.5
Free T4 14.8 pmol/L (9-19)
Free T3 4.4 pmol/L (2.6-6)
I have some hypothyroidism symptoms, bloating , infertility

Mittir

All your numbers are within normal range. RP thinks TSH should be less than 2 and ideally less than 0.4.
Are you on thyroid med? He also recommends total T3 test. Because you need reverse T3 to interpret free T3.
You can check your body temperature and pulse 2 hours after breakfast to get an idea about thyroid function.
Daily raw carrot salad improves fertility hormones. Gut is a major source of many problems.
He has said that vitamin E used to be considered as fertility vitamin. He recommends Natural Mixed tocopherol E.
Thyroid, Progesterone and exposure to light increases fertility. You can try light therapy.
RP commented some women with fertility problem had good result with antibiotic, which lowers endotoxin
and estrogen.He discusses use of carrot and antibiotic to lower estrogen and cortisol here.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthe ... ogesterone

OP
V

viv_s

Thanks Mittir for you reply, I use e progest, I live In QLD Australia here the winter are very short, even in winter we have sunny days, you think I need light therapy? I dont't take any meds, only e progest, Oj , coconut oil, gelatin, american biologics Thyroid glandular (only 1 week).

J

j.

I think everyone needs light therapy. I live in a sunny place, and in the summer I sunbathed every day for months, but then I started using incandescent lights, 400 watts, and saw improvements.

Mittir

Incandescent light has better ratio of red and blue color than sunlight.
During sunrise and sunset there is more red light. He recommends avoiding sun light around noon,
as there are lot of ultra violet rays.I have found red light to be very helpful even during summer.
It's main function is keeping stress hormone down after darkness.
Some energy saving bulbs can have lots of blue light, which is harmful.

J

j.

Mittir said:
Some energy saving bulbs can have lots of blue light, which is harmful.

Exactly, especially CFL. If you use warm white LED lights, you can save energy and get one of the best lights after incandescent.

OP
V

viv_s

Thanks J and Miter, where I can purchese the lights? I will like to read more about this theraphy? thanks

J

j.

viv_s said:
Thanks J and Miter, where I can purchese the lights? I will like to read more about this theraphy? thanks

It's just the regular incandescent lights that people used before the "energy saving" lights became fashionable. Peat uses 3 bulbs of 250 watts, adding to 750 watts. The theory behind is that the red frequency increases cellular generation of energy, and the blue frequency increases stress. Incandescent lights have intense red frequencies and weak blue frequencies, while CFL lights have the opposite.

J

j.

There is an article about light in Ray Peat's book "Generative Energy". I don't think the article is online.