Help, my doc is asking why my TSH is so low

GodsHound

I need a certificate of health from my doctor. My labs have come back with TSH at 0.1 & I’ve seen him write in the notes “hyperthyroid” lol. I supplement thyroid without prescription but I can’t tell him this otherwise he won’t sign off on the certificate. Obvs I can’t reason w him on the appropriate reference ranges for TSH. I was thinking of telling him that I am a chicken neck soup enjoyer lol. I’m meeting him tomorrow, any ideas would be appreciated :))

TradClare

That was my idea also, tell him that right around the time you took your test, you'd eaten some thyroid gland for a few days that your farmer friend mixed into hamburgers. Act like you're not really sure, but you were googling what brings TSH down and then you suddenly remembered those burgers (or that big batch of chicken necks). Could that be it? But actually if you tell him you feel great and don't have any other signs of hyper I doubt he'd do anything about it but want to check again next time. He'd have to be really dumb to want to start destroying your gland if you're feeling healthy

Fred

You could tell him that doctors and scientists have been brainwashed for decades by Big Pharma and medical device manufacturers, who literally ghostwrite the textbooks used to train them. Then direct him to: "Undisclosed conflicts of interest among biomedical textbook authors". That should do it.

Havde

Ray has said he has never seen a healthy person above 1
Over a period of several years, I never saw a person whose TSH was over 2 microIU/ml who was comfortably healthy, and I formed the impression that the normal, or healthy, quantity was probably something less than 1.0. -Ray Peat

We were almost right 😉

Risingfire

Over a period of several years, I never saw a person whose TSH was over 2 microIU/ml who was comfortably healthy, and I formed the impression that the normal, or healthy, quantity was probably something less than 1.0. -Ray Peat

We were almost right 😉
Whoops! Thanks for the correction, @Havde

OP
G

GodsHound

Ray’s said TSH as close to 0 is best, but obvs context matters and I’m still dialling in right dose. I Didn’t say much. Mentioned the biotin thing that’s genius but he didn’t have a clue so I he put me down for follow up tests and prescribed me beta-blockers (which will go nicely in my

OP
G

GodsHound

Medical kit) end of the day these tests are free on NHS and kinda helpful

John mcclain

Just say you take thyroid glandular and you wont be stopping them as they improve your t4 t3 naturally he wont know...I had the same issue

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals