Help Me With Aspirin

I am taking 2 a day, and it's okay. Breaking up tablets (Gericare), dissolving them in hot water, neutralizing with baking soda. But my stomach still hurts a bit. And I took 3 last night and it hurt more.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I wonder if I have an H. Pylori overgrowth

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1773203/

"This is one of the first experimental studies showing convincingly that aspirin induced gastric injury is aggravated by H pylori infection. "

I had been taking manuka honey for this. I may try a short course of mastic gum.

answersfound

Maybe just take one. Also I would take after a meal, never on an empty stomach.

milk_lover

Foods like milk, coffee and gelatin can make aspirin less irritating in my case. I've tried baking soda with aspirin and it actually made it more irritating for me, but some people have success with that approach. Yeah I have seen the H pylori and aspirin connection mentioned in the forum before. I think Peat said aspirin does strengthen the stomach linings, so maybe H pylori is resisting aspirin's work on the linings if they make spores there.

Suikerbuik

You could try glycine along with it, haidut posted a study on that.

milk_lover

ecstatichamster said:
post 115910 milk_lover, how do you take aspirin?
I usually take it with coffee (espresso) after food or with coffee latte+dissolved gelatin. In the beginning aspirin gave me problems but now I think my stomach got used to it. With large doses of Aspirin, I think you will need larger dose of sugar in the form of OJ. That helped with dry skin problem from aspirin in my case, I don't know how but OJ certainly helped. When my aspirin intake is high and days pass without eating gelatin, I don't feel my best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suikerbuik

There's a study around somewhere showing OJ might interfere with aspirin absorption.

OP
ecstatichamster
Thanks - I just tried 2 more, just swalloing them with food (and gelatine) and so far, zero problems. Interesting.

OP
ecstatichamster
So I think I have a protocol that seems to be effective. I wanted to share this with you in case you're following this problem yourself.

First, take maybe 2 tablespoons of collagen or gelatin. I think that the glycine here really helps provide a base that protects the stomach.

Next, eat something, hopefully something substantial. It could be eggs or ice cream, doesn't seem to matter that much.

I use generic Gericare brand aspirin tablets which are aspirin and cornstarch only. I suppose you could also use aspirin crystals for this as long as they dissolve. The point is not to use anything but plain plain aspirin. Mine is 325 mg per tablet. Which is pretty typical.

Now, take two or three aspirin, crush them up well, add twice or three times as much baking soda, and maybe one gram of ascorbic acid crystals. This is the Alka-Seltzer recipe except Alka-Seltzer use of citric acid instead of ascorbic acid.

Add very hot water and stir until it's very well dissolved. There should be no little pieces of aspirin floating around.

Now you drink it.

So far this is been pretty good. I haven't had any real problem with aspirin. I will continue testing this and let you know if I start getting an upset stomach again.

One difference between now and when I first posted this, is that I've been consuming about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil each day. It is possible that I have a Helicobacter pylori infection in my stomach, and it is possible that the coconut oil has helped kill the infection or reduce the damage that the bacteria have been doing to my stomach. So the advantages of this particular protocol and its lack of stomach problems may also be due to my own stomach issues, rather than the protocol.

I do think that it cannot hurt to first consume gelatin before consuming aspirin in any event, as the glycine is proven to help heal some of the tiny ulcers that the aspirin does cause routinely in the stomach.

Peata

When I consumed aspirin and glycine together, I had no stomach irritation.

OP
ecstatichamster
When I consumed aspirin and glycine together, I had no stomach irritation.
i had been consuming gelatine after taking aspirin which didn't help the irritation. Consuming before taking the aspirin seems to help a lot.

T

tca300

You could try small amounts and work your way up slowly over several weeks. I had to start with just 40mg a day, any more than that would give me nausea. Now I can take a whole one before bed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals