Help Me With A Kale Broth Recipe

johnwester130

Boil the kale, for 30 minutes

Separate the water

Now to the water I could add salt, and hydrolysed collagen ?

Would this work ? What kind of taste is it ?

cyclops

Now to the water I could add salt, and hydrolysed collagen? Would this work ? What kind of taste is it ?

Kale Broth? It kind of taste like mango raspberry bubble gum. If you add salt it gets sweeter.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think it tastes good. Mittir reminded me to add a pinch of baking soda.
RP recommended
pinch of baking soda to neutralize oxalic acid in leafy greens.

Travis

I think steamed kale is good, and the residual water that results from doing this. What I would think would be even better would be kale + mushrooms + kelp. Now we all know that some seaweeds can be 'fishy,' but kelp is not really like this; the combination of boiled mushrooms and kelp is essentially a form of dashi, but you don't need to limit yourself to shiitake mushrooms. I find that portobello mushrooms and kelp are really good together, and think kale would make it even better!

Kelp of course also would provide considerable amounts of the iodide ion (I⁻), which enzymes in our thyroid add to tyrosine ⟶ forming thyroxine, a thyroid hormone.

cyclops

I think steamed kale is good, and the residual water that results from doing this. What I would think would be even better would be kale + mushrooms + kelp. Now we all know that some seaweeds can be 'fishy,' but kelp is not really like this; the combination of boiled mushrooms and kelp is essentially a form of dashi, but you don't need to limit yourself to shiitake mushrooms. I find that portobello mushrooms and kelp are really good together, and think kale would make it even better!

Kelp of course also would provide considerable amounts of the iodide ion (I⁻), which enzymes in our thyroid add to tyrosine ⟶ forming thyroxine, a thyroid hormone.

I think Peat says he doesn't mess with kelp (because of the iodide) though.

goodandevil

I take a small amoujt of chopped bacon, saute and pour out most of the fat, add garlic and onion, cook nust before browning, then add two bunches kale and one bunch of parlsey (apigenin) amd saute, sprinklijg with bamimg soda afterwords.. Then i pour in chicken stock to make the broth, disposing of the solids after very throurough pressure cooking in my instantpot, 9therwise u can let simmer for a few hours amd then press & discard solid matter. I pour this into ice cube trays and store in ziploc bag soas to have some on most days.

Lurker

I would use bone broth or at least stock as the base. Then throw in whatever you like.

aquaman

Here’s a great recipe for kale broth:

Kale
Water
Salt - a large pinch per individual bowl

Seriously why do people over-complicate things so much?!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
why does Dave asprey say add calcium carbonate to remove oxelates??
Baking soda is added to a greens broth to neutralize oxalic acid. I’m not aware of Dave Asprey’s recommendation but it could be to neutralize or bind oxalic acid as well. I don’t know if anything that actually removes oxalates from food but some people have recommended calcium in citrate form taken with meals to bind oxalate and prevent it from being absorbed in the GI tract.

ddjd

Baking soda is added to a greens broth to neutralize oxalic acid. I’m not aware of Dave Asprey’s recommendation but it could be to neutralize or bind oxalic acid as well. I don’t know if anything that actually removes oxalates from food but some people have recommended calcium in citrate form taken with meals to bind oxalate and prevent it from being absorbed in the GI tract.
I understand why they're both suggesting it, I'm just confused as to why they suggest different things for doing the same job

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I understand why they're both suggesting it, I'm just confused as to why they suggest different things for doing the same job
Peat has mentioned that the alkaline minerals can often substitute for one another. It’s probably just different recommendations depending on the person. It doesn’t seem like oxalate toxicity is a very widely recognized topic at this point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals