Help Me Understand Waking Temps

thegiantess

Okay, so I've read all the threads I could find on here and the many Peat quotes around the web pertaining to temps. However I can't find the answer to this: How to account for the fact that upon waking one is generally being kept artificially warm by blankets and whatnot? For example, my morning temps are often like 98.8 because I've just emerged from a warm bed (or better yet. I'm still in said warm bed). Then after breakfast it falls a few points, which if I follow the guides I have read, indicates high adrenaline in the am, but wouldn't it make more sense to take temp after acclimating for a few minutes to the ambient room temp? Thanks!

James_001

Not really, it just means your night stress is high. My temps always raise after I eat in the am even when I sleep in a warm room.

Also, I hope you did't have children as a hypothyroid mom. I believe my mom was hypo when I was born and I have had a ton of health issues until I found peat and things are slowly starting to get better.

Last edited:
OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Not really, it just means your night stress is high. My temps always raise after I eat in the am even when I sleep in a warm room.

Also, I hope you did't have children as a hypothyroid mom. I believe my mom was hypo when I was born and I have had a ton of health issues until I found peat and things are slowly starting to get better.

This makes no sense to me. If I bring up my temperature by exercise or if it's naturally higher in the summer that suggests that it's the environment influencing them a bit. If I am under like a blanket and a sheet, it stands to reason that I would be warmer than if I were not. No? I find this particularly confusing. And no I'm not hypo as far as I know. But if your theory that your health problems are due to your mothers hypo condition when you were in utero is true, so many kids are screwed, as it seems everyone is hypo these days.

Also I should clarify in my original post when I say it falls by a few points I mean it goes from 98.8 for example to like 98.4. Nothing dramatic.

Last edited:
OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

@marikay Usually high 50s low 60s. My pulse is very slow to return to normal following my former life as a long distance athlete.

Last edited:

James_001

This makes no sense to me. If I bring up my temperature by exercise or if it's naturally higher in the summer that suggests that it's the environment influencing them a bit. If I am under like a blanket and a sheet, it stands to reason that I would be warmer than if I were not. No? I find this particularly confusing. And no I'm not hypo as far as I know. But if your theory that your health problems are due to your mothers hypo condition when you were in utero is true, so many kids are screwed, as it seems everyone is hypo these days.

Also I should clarify in my original post when I say it falls by a few points I mean it goes from 98.8 for example to like 98.4. Nothing dramatic.

Almost everyone I know my age has health issues

tara

'Gee thanks.' Are you wishing she didn't have you? (I know, you probably wish she'd been in better health, but the way you said this looks like it's all bad.)

Mountain

Nah your sheets are just acting like insulation for your body's own heat. They're equilibrated to your temps so it won't matter if you're still under the sheets when you take your temperature.
It may even give you a better indication of your core temperature doing it that way.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

'Gee thanks.' Are you wishing she didn't have you? (I know, you probably wish she'd been in better health, but the way you said this looks like it's all bad.)

Right?! I tried not to be offended... For myself and on behalf of his mother. But sheesh.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Nah your sheets are just acting like insulation for your body's own heat. They're equilibrated to your temps so it won't matter if you're still under the sheets when you take your temperature.
It may even give you a better indication of your core temperature doing it that way.

Hmmm. Okay, tomorrow I am going to test this theory. Take temp whilst still in bed and then again after getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom... So maybe 1 minute later.

M

marikay

@marikay Usually high 50s low 60s. My pulse is very slow to return to normal following my former life as a long distance athlete.
I also was a long distance athlete;) I ask about your pulse in the morning because that is one way to see if your stress hormones are high that doesn't involve how warm you might be under the covers. For me, it is a better and easier way to see what's what in the morning.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

I also was a long distance athlete;) I ask about your pulse in the morning because that is one way to see if your stress hormones are high that doesn't involve how warm you might be under the covers. For me, it is a better and easier way to see what's what in the morning.
And a high pulse would indicate high stress, right? Like in the 80s or higher?

M

marikay

And a high pulse would indicate high stress, right? Like in the 80s or higher?
If you have a pulse in the 80's when you first wake up it's a pretty good bet that your stress hormones are very high. I got this opinion straight from Ray a couple of years ago when I was waking up in the morning feeling hot and with a racing pulse. Your pulse should rise after eating breakfast, not fall as mine did at that time. I feel best when my waking pulse is in the mid to high 60's when first waking and then gradually rising to the mid 80's (or even higher) during the day. When the opposite occurs there is something wrong, almost always attributable to high stress hormones during the night. And that's why I personally think that taking your pulse first thing in the morning is the best way to see if your stress hormones are high during the night.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

If you have a pulse in the 80's when you first wake up it's a pretty good bet that your stress hormones are very high. I got this opinion straight from Ray a couple of years ago when I was waking up in the morning feeling hot and with a racing pulse. Your pulse should rise after eating breakfast, not fall as mine did at that time. I feel best when my waking pulse is in the mid to high 60's when first waking and then gradually rising to the mid 80's (or even higher) during the day. When the opposite occurs there is something wrong, almost always attributable to high stress hormones during the night. And that's why I personally think that taking your pulse first thing in the morning is the best way to see if your stress hormones are high during the night.
Got it! Thanks so much for the reply!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals