Help Me , Strange Things Happening

Razvan

Hey ,i dont know what is happening but in the evening before sleeping i have high blood pressure 145/85 and it makes me feel agitated and i cant sleep.how can i fix this? All day my bp is somehow good 125-130/70

J

james2388

Do you have a comfortable bed? Sometimes neck, back, spinal positioning can increase blood pressure, and make you feel restless because your body can't feel completely at rest. Even exercise for like 30 minutes or longer around 5-7pm can help.

Peatful

lilsticky

interesting. Boron is much better at deactivating parathyroid than Calcium though

Peatful

And why after eating lot of salt my bp goes skyrock high?
My biggest assessment/assumption is you are simply underfed and overexersized.

Eat more- and eat more often, balanced. And don’t train for three days in a row and reassess.

You don't mention your body temperature upon waking and after breakfast. That data is simple but useful.

redsun

And why after eating lot of salt my bp goes skyrock high?

Your aldosterone levels are still high and they don't respond that quickly to increased salt intake. If you keep the higher salt intake consistent aldosterone will go down because your body will realize it doesnt need to hold on to salt anymore and thus BP should reduce as well.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

My biggest assessment/assumption is you are simply underfed and overexersized.

Eat more- and eat more often, balanced. And don’t train for three days in a row and reassess.

You don't mention your body temperature upon waking and after breakfast. That data is simple but useful.
I eat a lot of calories im not underfed ,and i dont even exercise, i eat pretty often also low fat hepls me with high bp. My waking temperature is 36.4 and stays after eating all day 37 but sometimes goes to 37.3 especially at night when my bp is high.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Your aldosterone levels are still high and they don't respond that quickly to increased salt intake. If you keep the higher salt intake consistent aldosterone will go down because your body will realize it doesnt need to hold on to salt anymore and thus BP should reduce as well.
Im sure about that,hopefully will help,tommorow im gonna do blood test and today im going to a cardiologist , hopefully he will not prescribe me bp pills.

J

james2388

Im sure about that,hopefully will help,tommorow im gonna do blood test and today im going to a cardiologist , hopefully he will not prescribe me bp pills.

I would suspect potassium then. Potassium helps relax the body, greatly involved in neurotransmitters in muscle and in brain. Easy mineral to miss in a diet. If more salt does do you no good, then try potassium. If you're not exercising, not sweating, and not overtly active sodium becomes easy to maintain. Potassium can be easy to miss and can significantly lower blood pressure. Get in a couple baked potatoes. If you have water retention this would be another go for more potassium in the diet. Or it could be calcium or magnesium. More milk and magnesium bicarbonate lemonade

TopGun1911

Get more potassium, but don't go overboard. Are you tracking how much you're getting? It has a direct BP reducing effect on the body.

Recoen

Make sure you have enough B1 if you’re going to start supplementing potassium.

alywest

You might want to go to a doctor and try to get on losartan. That’s typically the first type of bp medication they prescribe and it seems to be highly thought of by ray peat. Usually if you have high bp at a doctor visit they’ll go ahead prescribe meds, they don’t wait to see if it’ll just get better on it’s own. Considering the fact that losartan probably helps if you were to catch Covid right now, it might be wise to take it for a while and then stop at some point and see if your bp has stabilized.
The losartan I take is losartan potassium.

J

james2388

Side effects of ARBs include:
  • headache.
  • fainting.
  • dizziness.
  • fatigue.
  • respiratory symptoms.
  • vomiting and diarrhea.
  • back pain.
  • leg swelling.

alywest

Side effects of ARBs include:
  • headache.
  • fainting.
  • dizziness.
  • fatigue.
  • respiratory symptoms.
  • vomiting and diarrhea.
  • back pain.
  • leg swelling.
Obviously if you overdo potassium you’re going to have issues.