Help me reduce my vitamin D levels

monrouge150

Hi,You may find this strange because generally everyone is trying to increase their D3 levels.
But in my case, I have very high levels of vitamin D after an overdose.
and it gave me several side effects

I would like to know if there is a way or a supplement that helps to reduce D3 levels ?.
I read somewhere that the enzyme that deactivates vitamin D is CYP24A1.
Is there a supplement that increases the levels of this enzyme?
I haven't found anything in my internet search.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
How high are your levels?

I'd think vitamin K2 might mitigate any calcium related risks and vitamin A might balance the excess.

OP
M

monrouge150

How high are your levels?

I'd think vitamin K2 might mitigate any calcium related risks and vitamin A might balance the excess.
I am 196 ng/ml.

I have already tried vitamin k2 mk4 and mk7, I have not felt anything significant.
. the vitamin A does me good, but I feel my foot bones and my teeth are getting weaker, so I stopped

Last edited:

youngsinatra

I am 196 ng/ml.

I have already tried vitamin k2 mk4 and mk7, I have not felt anything significant.
. the vitamin A does me good, but I feel my foot bones and my teeth are getting weaker, so I stopped
Holy cow. That is really high.

I would eat a low-calcium diet, high in magnesium in that scenario.
How much retinol supplementation did you try? That would be another suggestion of mine.

What are your symptoms?

P

Peatness

I've attched an article on vitamin d toxicity which might be helpful

This is a quote from Dr Peat's article

Both vitamin D and vitamin K, another important calcium-regulating nutrient, are now known to prevent diabetes. Both of these vitamins require carbon dioxide for disposing of calcium properly, preventing its toxicity. When carbon dioxide is inadequate, for example from simple hyperventilation or from hypothyroidism, calcium is allowed to enter cells, causing inappropriate excitation, sometimes followed by calcification.

Keeping an optimal level of carbon dioxide (for example, when adapted to high altitude) causes calcium to be controlled, resulting in lowered parathyroid hormone, an effect similar to supplementing with calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K. (E.g., Nicolaidou, et al, 2006.) Glycine, like carbon dioxide, protects proteins against oxidative damage (Lezcano, et al., 2006), so including gelatin (very rich in glycine) in the diet is probably protective.

Take from

Attachments

• Vitamin D toxicity a Vitamin K deficiency.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 11

JacobG

What are the side effects? Generally, there is no issue with sky high vitamin D unless something is wrong with your calcium metabolism.
Inflammation lowers vitamin D. Not sure if you want to go there...

OP
M

monrouge150

Holy cow. That is really high.

I would eat a low-calcium diet, high in magnesium in that scenario.
How much retinol supplementation did you try? That would be another suggestion of mine.

What are your symptoms?
Yes, I am going to cut out my dietary calcium,
I was taking 10k IU of retinol a day.

The symptoms of my D3 overdose are: Gastrointestinal Diseases, anxiety, and dizziness

OP
M

monrouge150

I've attched an article on vitamin d toxicity which might be helpful

This is a quote from Dr Peat's article

Both vitamin D and vitamin K, another important calcium-regulating nutrient, are now known to prevent diabetes. Both of these vitamins require carbon dioxide for disposing of calcium properly, preventing its toxicity. When carbon dioxide is inadequate, for example from simple hyperventilation or from hypothyroidism, calcium is allowed to enter cells, causing inappropriate excitation, sometimes followed by calcification.

Keeping an optimal level of carbon dioxide (for example, when adapted to high altitude) causes calcium to be controlled, resulting in lowered parathyroid hormone, an effect similar to supplementing with calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K. (E.g., Nicolaidou, et al, 2006.) Glycine, like carbon dioxide, protects proteins against oxidative damage (Lezcano, et al., 2006), so including gelatin (very rich in glycine) in the diet is probably protective.

Take from
Thank you very much for the article,
I'm mainly looking to reduce vitamin D.

Even though I have calcium problems, this one is caused by the very high level of vitamin D.
Reducing vitamin d will naturally reduce calcium.

OP
M

monrouge150

Yes. Just stop taking it. Your levels will come down faster than you know.
two months I stopped taking.

I think in my case, my body is having trouble excreting the excess vitamin D from supplementation.
The sun is good for me.

OP
M

monrouge150

That's not a lot, unless there is a pharmacy preparation error. Check the units of the test results, it could be nmol/L not ng/ml. Sorry if this all sound patronizing
It's ng/ml, otherwise I wouldn't be experiencing the adverse effects I'm currently having.

I'm going to call the company that sold me this supplement to get an explanation

P

Peatness

It's ng/ml, otherwise I wouldn't be experiencing the adverse effects I'm currently having.

I'm going to call the company that sold me this supplement to get an explanation
Are you able to email Dr Peat about your levels and concerns?

Dr. Stasha Gominak discusses the role of b complex along side vitamin D

Last edited by a moderator:

SamuraiJack

two months I stopped taking.

I think in my case, my body is having trouble excreting the excess vitamin D from supplementation.
The sun is good for me.
I understand that vitamin D will lower Vitamin A levels. You could try some retinol to see if it may lower your D levels.
Magnesium and boron also convert vit D into its more active form - therefore utilising it. Try this to see if this 'uses up' your stores.

OP
M

monrouge150

Are you able to email Dr Peat about your levels and concerns?

Dr. Stasha Gominak discusses the role of b complex along side vitamin D
Good idea I will try that.

Otherwise my sleep has never been so good and restorative.
I don't have any insomnia problems anymore.

On this side the vitamin D has a positive aspect.

OP
M

monrouge150

I understand that vitamin D will lower Vitamin A levels. You could try some retinol to see if it may lower your D levels.
Magnesium and boron also convert vit D into its more active form - therefore utilising it. Try this to see if this 'uses up' your stores.
Vitamin A makes my bones ache, boron makes me sleepy and magnesium does nothing for me.

I seem to have little adrenaline and too much melatonin This sometimes makes me aggressive/suicidal.
The vitamin D has strengthened one voice at the expense of another.
I have just ordered St. John's wort and ginkgo biloba.
I read somewhere that it can increase the enzymes that excrete vitamin D