Help me reduce my vitamin D levels

OP
M

monrouge150

I called the lab and they told me that the vitamin D I was taking also contained a large amount of vitamin E.
Vitamin E destroys pufa.
I have symptoms of very low cortisol, adrenaline and a low libido, and at the beginning of the slight bleeding in the forehead.

Could it be a pufa deficiency caused by the vitamin E which makes my vitamin D far too biovailable?

GTW

High vitamin D levels can be symptomatic of and caused by low magnesium status.
>Mg is essential in the metabolism of vitamin D, and taking large doses of vitamin D can induce severe depletion of Mg. Adequate magnesium supplementation should be considered as an important aspect of vitamin D therapy.

GTW

>Magnesium supplementation increased the 25(OH)D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentrations were close to 30 ng/mL, but decreased it when baseline 25(OH)D was higher (from ∼30 to 50 ng/mL). Magnesium treatment significantly affected 24,25(OH)2D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentration was 50 ng/mL but not 30 ng/mL. On the other hand, magnesium treatment increased 25(OH)D2 as baseline 25(OH)D increased.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6693398/

OP
M

monrouge150

High vitamin D levels can be symptomatic of and caused by low magnesium status.
>Mg is essential in the metabolism of vitamin D, and taking large doses of vitamin D can induce severe depletion of Mg. Adequate magnesium supplementation should be considered as an important aspect of vitamin D therapy.
Thank you very much for your help,
I've already tried magnesium supplementation, I do feel better.
It helps to mitigate the toxic effects of vitamin D+E.
But I think the problem comes from somewhere else.

I took omega 3 recently for 3 days, I noticed that I have less allergic reaction (food, bed, walls, bio) caused by the vitamin D+E supplementation.
I think my problem may be a pufa deficiency caused by the vitamin E, which excessively increases my d3 levels.
I have almost all my side effects noted here

I am basically a nervous and anxious person.
The vitamin D+E has regulated all my anxiety.
yet i still feel worse than before.

my stress hormones are low right now.

GTW

High E in the form of alpha tocopherol can be pro-oxidant. There is a balance of interaction with gamma E and possibly tocotrienols.

OP
M

monrouge150

High E in the form of alpha tocopherol can be pro-oxidant. There is a balance of interaction with gamma E and possibly tocotrienols.
What do you mean by interaction balance?

that they antagonise each other?

I was experiencing bleeding, especially on my forehead, dizziness, and excessive thirst, which lasted for 2 months after I stopped taking the vitamin D/E,
I think these side effects are mainly due to the vitamin E.

GTW

Collected some references.
As Paracelsus identified 500 years ago, dose, host, timing and combinations make a poison or a cure.
Factors that can tip the balance between toxicity and beneficial effects.
>As an essential nutrient, vitamin E functions as an anti-oxidant by scavenging lipid hydroperoxyl radicals. At high levels, vitamin E may compromise blood coagulation by interfering with vitamin K synthesis and/or redox cycling, which can be beneficial in some individuals but pose a health risk in others. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...753/https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16808116/

OP
M

monrouge150

Collected some references.
As Paracelsus identified 500 years ago, dose, host, timing and combinations make a poison or a cure.
Factors that can tip the balance between toxicity and beneficial effects.
>As an essential nutrient, vitamin E functions as an anti-oxidant by scavenging lipid hydroperoxyl radicals. At high levels, vitamin E may compromise blood coagulation by interfering with vitamin K synthesis and/or redox cycling, which can be beneficial in some individuals but pose a health risk in others. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...753/https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16808116/
I really think my problem is partly due to the vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) on Sunday morning, I took 100 mg of vitamin E alone to test.
I experienced severe intestinal irritation, dry skin, increased allergic reaction and excessive urination. ....... These side effects took 2 months to disappear the last time
Today I took some Omega 6 (arachidonic) and things have calmed down a bit.
But I prefer to take the precursor of omega 6, linoleic acid which is safer.
I will also look into tocotrienols, as vitamin E depletes them.
I've already tested vitamin k2, for its benefits on hypercalcemia, it's true that at the beginning I felt better. but it's just temporary.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals