HELP ME Interpret my Blood Tests !

Cheese liver

Hi all,

Recently I got my bloodwork done and needed some advice on the matter. I have posted the results below. Can anyone help me figure them out ?
One peculiar thing that stuck out to me was my Vitamin D levels ! For the past 10-11 months I religiously have a sunbath every morning and along with that I apply 50,000 IU Vit D3. Even after adopting these habits why is this so dangerously low ? Another factor was increased Cholesterol which to me, speaks about the inefficiency of thyroid to convert Cholesterol to downstream hormones.

Cheeseliver,

Attachments

• Albumin.pdf
    168.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Bicarbonate.pdf
    171.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Cholesterol.pdf
    171.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Estradiol.pdf
    172 KB · Views: 11
  • Lactic Acid.pdf
    168.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Magnesium.pdf
    168.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Parathyroid Hormone(PTH).pdf
    171.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Prolactin.pdf
    172 KB · Views: 11
  • TSH.pdf
    172.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Vitamin D.pdf
    173.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

yerrag

It would help if you make these figures more easily read with just one click and one view.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Attachments

• Albumin-1.jpg
    Albumin-1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Bicarbonate-1.jpg
    Bicarbonate-1.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Cholesterol-1.jpg
    Cholesterol-1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Lactic Acid-1.jpg
    Lactic Acid-1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Magnesium-1.jpg
    Magnesium-1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Parathyroid Hormone(PTH)-1.jpg
    Parathyroid Hormone(PTH)-1.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 25

youngsinatra

In the morning you cannot really synthesize vitamin D via the endogenous route, but the time of „morning“ is different for everyone.

It‘s usually in the hours of 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM where you can synthesize a lot of vitamin D — of course depending on your location on the globe.

That‘s why deficiency is so prevalent. Most of us are working indoors at this time and nobody lays half-naked outside.

You apply 50’000 IU on your skin, did I understand this correctly?

In my experience sublingual vitamin D3 dissolved in MCT or olive oil works best. I takes a lot longer to raise vitamin D levels and it needs higher doses to reach the desired level. How is your current weight? (in kg)
I have a calculator from a german vitamin D researcher, that works remarkable well, to determine your initiatial dosage needed to reach your desired level. (for example 50ng/ml)

I don‘t know why Danny and Ray recommend topical vitamin D. I have not seen any published studies on it‘s efficacy and Danny in a recent podcast even said that he haven‘t tested his vitamin D for a while, so he doesn‘t know if his supplementation is even working, besides personally-felt benefit.

OP
C

Cheese liver

You apply 50’000 IU on your skin, did I understand this correctly?
Yes
I don‘t know why Danny and Ray recommend topical vitamin D. I have not seen any published studies on it‘s efficacy and Danny in a recent podcast even said that he haven‘t tested his vitamin D for a while, so he doesn‘t know if his supplementation is even working, besides personally-felt benefit.
Oh that might be why my Vit-D levels aren't that high despite my efforts

Last edited:

yerrag

What is your issue that you selected these tests?

Cholesterol is not really high if we don't follow the medical dogma on it.

Magnesium test you used doesn't say much about your magnesium stores being adequate or not. It's not a useful test.

Albumin looks good, assuming you have normal blood volume.

On lactic acid, it is on the low side of range, which is good.

PTH I really can't tell. It is within the standard reference range, but I'm not sure if I want to follow that. It is on the high side of range and it may possibly be considered as high. I'm not sure abut it.

I started out taking at RPF taking expensive tests but have over time come to rely on simpler tests such as CBC and do home tests such as on blood sugar and acid base balance. Tempera true and heart rate is easy to test.

If my metabolism is optimal, it would be reflected in good blood sugar control and in optimal acid base balance. Using pH test strips to measure urine and saliva pH gives me a good indication of it, and measuring breath rate (using a free Android app) gives me an idea of my blood pH.

Not to be forgotten is taking my temperature.

K

Kaur Singh

@Cheese liver

Dminder is an app you can use to estimate how much D you are making form the sun, you can input location and all.

how's your calcium intake?
HR and temps (and BP) throughout the day etc

you can listen to this interview to understand Peat's view on D metabolism

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur9F7THGBLg

Peat speaks about PTH = borderline low being best

estradiol - per the range from your lab, it is high
I would look around or ask what is the 'good' range to use.

Prolactin - I forget where Peat likes it to be. Dig around the forum, you'll find it.
I think i have asked this before too...

Your TSH is high = hypothyroid.

@youngsinatra
from what you know (through experiences and reading studies, etc),
after that initial high dose to bring levels up to range:
do you lower the dose? after how long?
how do you figure out how much, ahem, if without access to frequent testing.
and how do you adjust for summer/winter?

Thank you

OP
C

Cheese liver

What is your issue that you selected these tests?

Cholesterol is not really high if we don't follow the medical dogma on it.

Magnesium test you used doesn't say much about your magnesium stores being adequate or not. It's not a useful test.

On lactic acid, it is on the low side of range, which is good.

PTH I really can't tell. It is within the standard reference range, but I'm not sure if I want to follow that. It is on the high side of range and it may possibly be considered as high. I'm not sure abut it.

I started out taking at RPF taking expensive tests but have over time come to rely on simpler tests such as CBC and do home tests such as on blood sugar and acid base balance. Tempera true and heart rate is easy to test.

If my metabolism is optimal, it would be reflected in good blood sugar control and in optimal acid base balance. Using pH test strips to measure urine and saliva pH gives me a good indication of it, and measuring breath rate (using a free Android app) gives me an idea of my blood pH.

Not to be forgotten is taking my temperature.
Some months ago I had some serious gut issues resulting in extreme lethargy , sudden weight gain of about 10-12kgs , chronic mood swings etc. They have died down a lot but i still wanted some empirical data to see where im at.

OP
C

Cheese liver

@Cheese liver

Dminder is an app you can use to estimate how much D you are making form the sun, you can input location and all.

how's your calcium intake?
HR and temps (and BP) throughout the day etc

you can listen to this interview to understand Peat's view on D metabolism

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur9F7THGBLg

Peat speaks about PTH = borderline low being best

estradiol - per the range from your lab, it is high
I would look around or ask what is the 'good' range to use.

Prolactin - I forget where Peat likes it to be. Dig around the forum, you'll find it.
I think i have asked this before too...

Your TSH is high = hypothyroid.

@youngsinatra
from what you know (through experiences and reading studies, etc),
after that initial high dose to bring levels up to range:
do you lower the dose? after how long?
how do you figure out how much, ahem, if without access to frequent testing.
and how do you adjust for summer/winter?

Thank you

For prolactin I asked Danny Roddy and he mentioned b/w 4-7 so its within that range. My concern with estradiol is that some people say its not an accurate test and prolactin is a better indicator of tissue reserves of estrogen and serotonin and since both are at extremes was kinda relatively confused about that.

yerrag

Some months ago I had some serious gut issues resulting in extreme lethargy , sudden weight gain of about 10-12kgs , chronic mood swings etc. They have died down a lot but i still wanted some empirical data to see where im at.
what kind of gut issues? there are all sorts of gut issues.

yerrag

I made a whole post in this matter. Here's the link if u want to check it out: HELP Me Heal My GUT !!
In a nutshell extreme irritation in the stomach, constant burps and flatulence , inability to think clearly, abdominal pain and lethargy.
From the other thread, the CBC values you posted raise many flags on your red blood cells. RBC is very high, and hgb, pcv, mcv, mch - all below range. But there is no mention of this by your doctors?

You may have low blood volume, and because of that your albumin blood test, in my opinion, does not truly reflect your albumin stores. But that is on the assumption that your RBC is very high and it is high because your blood volume is very low. But I could be wrong - but low hgb, pcv, mcv, mch seem to support that. I even suspect that you have internal bleeding. To confirm, your serum iron and ferritin has to be low, and your TIBC high.

Was your stool ever dark when this all began till now?

OP
C

Cheese liver

From the other thread, the CBC values you posted raise many flags on your red blood cells. RBC is very high, and hgb, pcv, mcv, mch - all below range. But there is no mention of this by your doctors?
None whatsoever im afraid. They said i might have IBS but i highly doubt that is the case.

You may have low blood volume, and because of that your albumin blood test, in my opinion, does not truly reflect your albumin stores. But that is on the assumption that your RBC is very high and it is high because your blood volume is very low. But I could be wrong - but low hgb, pcv, mcv, mch seem to support that. I even suspect that you have internal bleeding. To confirm, your serum iron and ferritin has to be low, and your TIBC high.

Was your stool ever dark when this all began till now?
My stool has changed color from being very dark initally when i took Cipro and Flagyl to being very yellowish when the gut issues began.

Right now its coming together again.

yerrag

None whatsoever im afraid. They said i might have IBS but i highly doubt that is the case.

My stool has changed color from being very dark initally when i took Cipro and Flagyl to being very yellowish when the gut issues began.

Right now its coming together again.
The reason I ask is that the stool turns very dark when there is internal bleeding coming from anywhere in the gut. A friend of mine had dark stools and it turned out that in his case he had gastritis, and the bleedng caused dark stools, and it led later to a diagnosis of low blood volume. As that would happen with blood being lost gradually due to internal bleeding.

K

Kaur Singh

For prolactin I asked Danny Roddy and he mentioned b/w 4-7 so its within that range. My concern with estradiol is that some people say its not an accurate test and prolactin is a better indicator of tissue reserves of estrogen and serotonin and since both are at extremes was kinda relatively confused about that.

Perhaps when estradiol is low or in range, then one would say well, who knows what it is stored in tissues.

your test, however, shows high estradiol for a male per your lab range.

SIBO = hypothyroid

look at the big picture

read Peat and understand how all these systems work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals