HELP Me Heal My GUT !!

JacobG

Fasting can be a tool to shift the microbiome. However, I would first use herbs to lower the bad bacteria/yeast in the gut.

T

TheBeard

I remember Danny Roddy saying something like this as well hence my skepticism.
What do you suggest should be a course of action to resolve this matter ?

Augmentin
Azithromycin
Xifaxan

Then liver flushes and coffee enemas

T

TheBeard

which herbs would u recommend?

alright and do you have some guide as to how to go about doing liver flushes and coffee enemas ?

The protocoles for both are all over the internet with just a quick Google search.

OccamzRazer

Bacteriae just go dormant, they will be back and causing havoc once resuming food intake.
You'll feel better during the duration of the fast but that's pretty much it.

Fasting is good for lots of things, not for regulating dysbiosis.
You probably know more about this than I do.

I just know 1-2 days of bone broth fasting consistently gives me weeks of positive digestion-related effects.

JacobG

which herbs would u recommend?

alright and do you have some guide as to how to go about doing liver flushes and coffee enemas ?
It is best when you know what you are after. Get a good stool tests and see what is bothering you. Then you can search for the specific herbs. Sadly the tests are somewhat imprecise so even when everything is negative, a massive overgrowth is possible in the small intestine.

OP
C

Cheese liver

It is best when you know what you are after. Get a good stool tests and see what is bothering you. Then you can search for the specific herbs. Sadly the tests are somewhat imprecise so even when everything is negative, a massive overgrowth is possible in the small intestine.
yea i did but the all seem to indicate no overgrowth whatsoever

OP
C

Cheese liver

The protocoles for both are all over the internet with just a quick Google search.
Thanks will do so. Another question i wanted to ask was that what should one do in case of parasitical or viral infections in the gut ? I have been consuming antibiotics for sometime now and reading online it seems that 90 of the bacteria die in 3-5 days . Could it be a case of viral/parasite in the gut ?

T

TheBeard

Thanks will do so. Another question i wanted to ask was that what should one do in case of parasitical or viral infections in the gut ? I have been consuming antibiotics for sometime now and reading online it seems that 90 of the bacteria die in 3-5 days . Could it be a case of viral/parasite in the gut ?

Albendazole, Mebendazole, Praziquantel.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Hey everyone, Just wanted to update on newfound queries.

Some of the natural antibiotics i found online:
Neem , Berberine , Oil of Oregano and Allicin(Garlic Pills)

Plus something known as the Elemental Diet. In which u starve the bacteria for 14 days while providing liquid nutrition of some sort.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THE EFFICACY OF SUCH TREATMENTS ?

peateats1

Hey everyone, Just wanted to update on newfound queries.

Some of the natural antibiotics i found online:
Neem , Berberine , Oil of Oregano and Allicin(Garlic Pills)

Plus something known as the Elemental Diet. In which u starve the bacteria for 14 days while providing liquid nutrition of some sort.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THE EFFICACY OF SUCH TREATMENTS ?
I tried oil of oregano and garlic pills. The oregano maybe helped a little on occasion but not really. It can also be liver toxic and cause additional bloating and brain fog or other symptoms.

I thought I was going to die when I took a strong garlic pill. It was GNC brand and I'm guessing it caused so much irritation to my small intestine that it caused massive anxiety and shortness of breath. It weirdly didn't cause pain, but just an extreme sense of impending doom and panic for whatever reason.

Just my experience

OP
C

Cheese liver

I tried oil of oregano and garlic pills. The oregano maybe helped a little on occasion but not really. It can also be liver toxic and cause additional bloating and brain fog or other symptoms.

I thought I was going to die when I took a strong garlic pill. It was GNC brand and I'm guessing it caused so much irritation to my small intestine that it caused massive anxiety and shortness of breath. It weirdly didn't cause pain, but just an extreme sense of impending doom and panic for whatever reason.

Just my experience
I see... Thank you for sharing.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Hey guys also wanted to ask if all of the antibiotics that I have mentioned lead to Hypothyroidism which might be leading to SIBO ?

JacobG

Antibiotics are always a gamble. We do not know what a healthy small intestine microbiome is (and it isnt measured by stool tests). All we know is that we do need certain bacteria in there for normal bile signaling. When you take antibiotics you kill certain bacteria and promote fungi and other bacteria to grow. This shift can be quite detrimental.

T

TheBeard

Antibiotics are always a gamble. We do not know what a healthy small intestine microbiome is (and it isnt measured by stool tests). All we know is that we do need certain bacteria in there for normal bile signaling. When you take antibiotics you kill certain bacteria and promote fungi and other bacteria to grow. This shift can be quite detrimental.

Not with adequate diet.