HELP Me Heal My GUT !!

Cheese liver

Hello Everyone,

I am writing this post in order to resolve an issue I have been experiencing for the past couple of months. It started in early Jan of this year when one day I woke up in the middle of night with abdominal pain and disproportionate burps which lasted for around 2-3 hours and ended when i took a sachet of Risek Insta (Omeprazole, sodium bicarbonate) . At the time I believed that I had eaten something nasty and the problem will resolve on its own. However, to my dismay after 2-3 weeks I started to face abnormal amounts of bowel movements anywhere from between 3-7 movements per Day!!
Each passing subsequent stool would make me feel disoriented and weak during the rest of the day. My uncle(a physician) recommended a stool test in which a parasite known as Blastocystis homonis was seen. After this i went on a course of 2 medications namely NT-TOX(NITAZOXANIDE) 500mg for 3 days and Librax (Chlordiazepoxide / Clidinium bromide) for 15 days.
Unfortunately these medications did not resolve the problem and hence I decided to consult a gastroenterologist who recommended me a ton of blood tests and a Hydrogen Breath Test which I have attached for reference. In the meantime he gave me Colofac(Mebeverine) tablets to control my stools. The colofac did indeed work in reducing my bowel movements but I found it to be a temporary fix and not a cure. After my bloodtests came about the gastroenterologist said that all the readings are fine and he told me that the only thing that I might be facing was IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
Finally after being abandoned by conventional doctors I decided to try antibiotics as it has been suggested on this forum a couple of times. For 10 days I took Metronidazole 500 mg and Ciproflaxcin HCL 500 mg for 10 days and honestly after a couple of days all of the symptoms vanished!! My bowel movements reduced considerably to merely 1-2 movements a day. My mood and digestion improved and I felt FANTASIC!
But alas my bliss was to only last 3 days after which the belching and diarrhea stroke back and this time much more deadlier! My belly inflated tremendously which hadn't occurred previously and in around 2 weeks I gained around 3kgs or 6 lbs !
After this episode I dived deeper into the forum and Ray peats work and gave antibiotics another go. This time I went with Rifaximin 500 mg, Augmentin (Amoxicillin Clavulanate) 375 mg and Minocycline 100mg as many have suggested that the former antibiotics were filled with side effects. I also consistently ate the Carrot Salad during this time. On the 4rth day I have an insane series of bowel movements after which I had almost instant relief. I continued to take these antibiotics for another 7 days. Presently I am feeling much better day by day however this I am not sure whether the issue will resolve on its own. Currently slight discomfort in my stomach which i can say is akin to bloating and pain coupled with occasional belching. The bowel movements are normal however.

Any aid on how I should further approach this matter? Currently discontinued antibiotics and only eating the carrot salad.
NOTE: I Don't have any food intolerances and infact I can even digest dairy and starches very comfortably.

Attachments

• Blood Tests.pdf
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Stool Tests.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
T

TheBeard

Seems like you found your way with antibiotics and that things are better.

What is your question then?

OP
C

Cheese liver

Seems like you found your way with antibiotics and that things are better.

What is your question then?
Yes the situation is better for now however it still isn't resolved yet. I have discontinued the antibiotics and am only eating carrot salad to avoid any potential side effects. Should I continue on this course? Will the gut issues resolve ?
In your opinion does this same to be case of reoccurring SIBO or something else?

OP
C

Cheese liver

Plus want to cure this issue once and for all and it doesn't seem to be resolving.

S-VV

Metronidazole and Ciproflaxcin improving gastro symptoms often occurs in IBD, especially crohns

OP
C

Cheese liver

Metronidazole and Ciproflaxcin improving gastro symptoms often occurs in IBD, especially crohns

Yes the gastroenterologist initially suspected Crohns but the bloodtests showed no signs of such disease or do u differ?

S-VV

Yes the gastroenterologist initially suspected Crohns but the bloodtests showed no signs of such disease or do u differ?
Systemic inflammation that would be reflected in blood tests occurs in established or flaring crohns. If it is incipient or quiescent it may not appear. Have you measured faecal calprotectin?

OP
C

Cheese liver

Systemic inflammation that would be reflected in blood tests occurs in established or flaring crohns. If it is incipient or quiescent it may not appear. Have you measured faecal calprotectin?
I am afraid I dont know what faecal calprotectin is and I believe I wasn,t advised to measure it. Its not in the bloodtest reports either I think.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Metronidazole antagonises B1. B1 is important for the gut. I don’t know if supplementing in your case will be curative but there’s reason to think it will improve your problems since you’ve used metronidazole. TTFD, thiamine hcl, allithiamine are useful forms. Here’s a good vid.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi0O_fzczYA

Allright will look into it much thanks !

S-VV

I am afraid I dont know what faecal calprotectin is and I believe I wasn,t advised to measure it. Its not in the bloodtest reports either I think.
Its a way of measuring intestinal inflammation that is more sensitive to the initial stages of IBD

OccamzRazer

Have you tried a day or two-long bone broth fast? You could do carrot salad + bone broth + maybe some coffee w/milk.

Have you tried colonic hydrotherapy?

OP
C

Cheese liver

Have you tried a day or two-long bone broth fast? You could do carrot salad + bone broth + maybe some coffee w/milk.
Didn't think of fasting since i believe that depriving the body of nutrition and essential vitamins doesn't serve any purpose. But i have increased my implementation of gelatin, coffee with milk and carrot salads for the past 2 weeks
Have you tried colonic hydrotherapy?
Havent heard of it before could you elaborate ?

OccamzRazer

Didn't think of fasting since i believe that depriving the body of nutrition and essential vitamins doesn't serve any purpose. But i have increased my implementation of gelatin, coffee with milk and carrot salads for the past 2 weeks

Havent heard of it before could you elaborate ?
While fasting does deplete nutrients, it can also lower endotoxin.

In your case I'd take the temporary nutrient loss for the potential long-lasting benefits of the fast, but that's just me. Anecdotally speaking, drinking lots of fatty bone broth takes almost all the stressful feelings out of the fasting period.

Colonic hydrotherapy entails irrigating the colon with warm water. It's like an enema, only more intense lol. You can have it done once or twice a week (probably more) for a little while.

Here's some more info: Colon Hydrotherapy | Therapy Center of Grand Rapids (grandrapidstherapycenter.com)

OP
C

Cheese liver

In your case I'd take the temporary nutrient loss for the potential long-lasting benefits of the fast, but that's just me. Anecdotally speaking, drinking lots of fatty bone broth takes almost all the stressful feelings out of the fasting period.

Colonic hydrotherapy entails irrigating the colon with warm water. It's like an enema, only more intense lol. You can have it done once or twice a week (probably more) for a little while.

Here's some more info: Colon Hydrotherapy | Therapy Center of Grand Rapids (grandrapidstherapycenter.com)
Yes I do see your point now. Thank you will look into what you have mentioned :):

T

TheBeard

Bacteriae just go dormant, they will be back and causing havoc once resuming food intake.
You'll feel better during the duration of the fast but that's pretty much it.

Fasting is good for lots of things, not for regulating dysbiosis.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Bacteriae just go dormant, they will be back and causing havoc once resuming food intake.
You'll feel better during the duration of the fast but that's pretty much it.

Fasting is good for lots of things, not for regulating dysbiosis.
I remember Danny Roddy saying something like this as well hence my skepticism.
What do you suggest should be a course of action to resolve this matter ?