Help me Fry my Balls (or not)

PTP

Preferably not. I like to get the sunshine to gently caress my testicles upon occassion. However, it's highly unreliable in the UK, and though I find secluded places to derobe, I'm always a little nervous about ending up on some kind of government list should some other wandering soul not find my exposed manhood quite as glorious as I do, and take offence. Therefore, I like the idea of using a reptile type light. This is mainly for vitamin D and testosterone production, I already have a red light if all I wanted was a pure testosterone boost.

I've read through a few of the threads here. It seems that a mix of UVA and UVB generally has higher approval than a pure UVB light. But UVA is more apt to burn me, and I'd rather not burn. I usually only expose myself for 30-60 seconds, though I'd prefer longer, just to avoid a burn. But more importantly, I don't want to do any internal damage. So I would be interested in your opinions on whether a pure UVB reptile light or a mixed one makes more sense. Based on previous threads, these a the two that I'm considering:

Arcadia D3 UV Basking Lamp "Provides UVB, UVA visible light & infrared heat from a single lamp"

Exo Terra : Reptile UVB200 / High Output UVB Bulb "Very high D3 Yield Index...emits the ideal UVB spectrum for optimal Vitamin D3 photosynthesis."

I do not currently have the resources to spend on expensive, Sperti style lamps. I'm inclined to go with the first one as the spectrum range seems closer to what the sun would provide. Thoughts?

tankasnowgod

Preferably not. I like to get the sunshine to gently caress my testicles upon occassion. However, it's highly unreliable in the UK, and though I find secluded places to derobe, I'm always a little nervous about ending up on some kind of government list should some other wandering soul not find my exposed manhood quite as glorious as I do, and take offence. Therefore, I like the idea of using a reptile type light. This is mainly for vitamin D and testosterone production, I already have a red light if all I wanted was a pure testosterone boost.

I've read through a few of the threads here. It seems that a mix of UVA and UVB generally has higher approval than a pure UVB light. But UVA is more apt to burn me, and I'd rather not burn. I usually only expose myself for 30-60 seconds, though I'd prefer longer, just to avoid a burn. But more importantly, I don't want to do any internal damage. So I would be interested in your opinions on whether a pure UVB reptile light or a mixed one makes more sense. Based on previous threads, these a the two that I'm considering:

Arcadia D3 UV Basking Lamp "Provides UVB, UVA visible light & infrared heat from a single lamp"

Exo Terra : Reptile UVB200 / High Output UVB Bulb "Very high D3 Yield Index...emits the ideal UVB spectrum for optimal Vitamin D3 photosynthesis."

I do not currently have the resources to spend on expensive, Sperti style lamps. I'm inclined to go with the first one as the spectrum range seems closer to what the sun would provide. Thoughts?

Best advice- Don't do it.

First, there really isn't a point. If you have other exposed skin, you can get vitamin D from that, or from a supplement. No reason to shine UV light directly on your testicles.

Second, if you think back to traditional hunter/gatherer times, they didn't get a lot of sunlight in that area. Pubic hair and loincloths protected them. They made no deliberate attempt to get sunshine directly onto that area. I think most animals are similar.

Seems like a lot of potential risk to get a Vitamin D when several other options could do it much safer. It's like opting to ride a crocodile to work instead of walking, driving, or taking the bus. What's the point in taking that risk that the croc will eat you?

Red light is pretty safe, and that would give you the testosterone boost (so long as you don't get extra heat production). Why not use supplemental Vitamin D topically in that area if you want that, too?

I think UV lamps are a decent option for other areas of exposed skin. But I personally wouldn't shine it down there.

Haidut has written about topical application in that area previously-

PTP

Best advice- Don't do it.

First, there really isn't a point. If you have other exposed skin, you can get vitamin D from that, or from a supplement. No reason to shine UV light directly on your testicles.

Second, if you think back to traditional hunter/gatherer times, they didn't get a lot of sunlight in that area. Pubic hair and loincloths protected them. They made no deliberate attempt to get sunshine directly onto that area. I think most animals are similar.

Seems like a lot of potential risk to get a Vitamin D when several other options could do it much safer. It's like opting to ride a crocodile to work instead of walking, driving, or taking the bus. What's the point in taking that risk that the croc will eat you?

Red light is pretty safe, and that would give you the testosterone boost (so long as you don't get extra heat production). Why not use supplemental Vitamin D topically in that area if you want that, too?

I think UV lamps are a decent option for other areas of exposed skin. But I personally wouldn't shine it down there.

Haidut has written about topical application in that area previously-

You make some good points Tankasnowgod. Truthfully, I find I get great erections after tiny amounts of testicular sun exposure, that I don't get with red light exposure. I'm a little unsure about putting Vitamin D down there, because I'm not sure exactly what it will do when it gets absorbed, I feel much more comfortable with light. You're right that naked hunter gatherers would not have gotten much sun exposure on their genitals, but I suspect they would have gotten a little. I only want a little.

I am worried however about the possibility of a mercury bulb exploding. I believe I'd be able to react fast enough to protect myself at a reasonable distance, but you may be right that the overall risks far outweight the benefits, I shall consider it some more.