Help!!! Losing hair even after using Finasteride and Minoxidil for 8 months

AsuraAcademy

Hey guys, I am posting this for my friend who's been losing hair and not getting any results from finasteride and minoxidil. Recently, he went doctor and this is the blood test the doctor prescribed. The doctor prescribed 1.5ml topical finasteride with 10% minoxidil two times a day along with 1mg oral finasteride which he already using.
Totally, it's 4mg of finasteride.
It felt so wrong to me as topical fin also gets systemic. Here are his pics and blood test report. Kindly, give some thoughts.
IMG_20210619_233026_672.jpg
IMG_20210619_233132_065.jpg
IMG_20210619_233434.jpg
IMG_20210619_233506.jpg
IMG_20210619_233537.jpg

JohnHafterson

My thoughts are he need to work on his Vitamin D levels. 11ng/dl is basement level.

If he brings his Vit D3 levels up may help with some low level inflammation he's got going on elevated TSH, slightly elevated ESR, and be good generally for his system.

Labs generally look decent apart from low Vit D and elevated TSH.

AST/ALT a little up but rest of liver labs and protein levels look good, so I assume he's getting adequate protein...?

His Free T3 and Free T4 are both middle of range.

Fasting blood sugar of 67 a little low should be mid 70s to mid 80s. Wondering if he may have some blood sugar issues at present or on the horizon. Though tough to go off one blood test.

I'd go bald before touching finasteride/minoxidil not interested in them or researching either of them.

Last edited:
OP
A

AsuraAcademy

My thoughts are he need to work on his Vitamin D levels. 11ng/dl is basement level.

If he brings his Vit D3 levels up may help with some low level inflammation he's got going on elevated TSH, slightly elevated ESR, and be good generally for his system.

Labs generally look decent apart from low Vit D and elevated TSH.

AST/ALT a little up but rest of liver labs and protein levels look good, so I assume he's getting adequate protein...?

His Free T3 and Free T4 are both middle of range.

Fasting blood sugar of 67 a little low should be mid 70s to mid 80s. Wondering if he may have some blood sugar issues at present or on the horizon. Though tough to go off one blood test.

I'd go bald before touching finasteride/minoxidil not interested in them or researching either of them.
Thank you so much for this deep interpretation. This community is gold. Thank you again @JohnHafterson

rei

please post a side profile whole body pic, it should clear everything up.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey guys, I am posting this for my friend who's been losing hair and not getting any results from finasteride and minoxidil. Recently, he went doctor and this is the blood test the doctor prescribed. The doctor prescribed 1.5ml topical finasteride with 10% minoxidil two times a day along with 1mg oral finasteride which he already using.
Totally, it's 4mg of finasteride.
It felt so wrong to me as topical fin also gets systemic. Here are his pics and blood test report. Kindly, give some thoughts.View attachment 24369View attachment 24370View attachment 24371View attachment 24372View attachment 24373
What's your diet like?
DHT (alone) isn't the culprit for hair loss, I would also check out PTH, aldosterone, cortisol, CRP, homocysteine, and prolactin. All of which also promote hair loss.

OP
A

AsuraAcademy

What's your diet like?
DHT (alone) isn't the culprit for hair loss, I would also check out PTH, aldosterone, cortisol, CRP, homocysteine, and prolactin. All of which also promote hair loss.
Hi Hans. Thanks for your time. That's not mine it's my friend. Diet is high carb, low protein diet and low fat diet. Main food is rice and lentils. I advised him to have mutton liver two times a week. Other forms of protein are not economical in India and only chicken is cheap. Chicken will be hard like rubber (I think it's due to amyloid content) It's hard to get quality protein.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans. Thanks for your time. That's not mine it's my friend. Diet is high carb, low protein diet and low fat diet. Main food is rice and lentils. I advised him to have mutton liver two times a week. Other forms of protein are not economical in India and only chicken is cheap. Chicken will be hard like rubber (I think it's due to amyloid content) It's hard to get quality protein.
Does he consume any calcium and get vit D?

Murtaza

Vit D is pretty low, probably gonna need to supplement to raise these levels. he'll feel better even if his hair dosent improve.

Michael Mohn

You can get milk/cheese and eggs in India, right? Every day lentils is bad. Some fruit in the diet would be helpful.

OP
A

AsuraAcademy

You can get milk/cheese and eggs in India, right? Every day lentils is bad. Some fruit in the diet would be helpful.
Milk is available easily I am grateful for that. But, factory raised chicken eggs are only available here... I am afraid of PUFA from eggs. There are organic eggs but I am sure they are not from free range chicken.

Less lentils and more milk! Also chese, and other dairy for more protein. Get sun exposure whenever is possible. Supplement D if sun exposure is not viable.

8 months is still early on, you can expect various shedding phases before things stabilise which could be up to a year plus from starting. Keep going, keep consistent and trust the process - it works!

OP
A

AsuraAcademy

8 months is still early on, you can expect various shedding phases before things stabilise which could be up to a year plus from starting. Keep going, keep consistent and trust the process - it works!
It's my friends situation. Yes, he's keep going now he seems okay with his hair. He's following up with doctor. I am also losing hair but afraid to use finasteride. I watched Ray Peat himself mentions to stay away from DHT reducing poisonous substances. It's from Danny Roddy interview. He worded it differently.

rr1

It's my friends situation. Yes, he's keep going now he seems okay with his hair. He's following up with doctor. I am also losing hair but afraid to use finasteride. I watched Ray Peat himself mentions to stay away from DHT reducing poisonous substances. It's from Danny Roddy interview. He worded it differently.
Yes you are correct. Finasteride works by blocking the 5-AR enzyme. But many VERY IMPORTANT steroids are produced by this enzyme, and they are not only central to wellbeing and consciousness, but to the orgasm function itself and brain development, intestinal function, digestion and even just holding our organism in its shape. These steroids also help to improve metabolism and lower stress. So you can imagine the problems that would arise through blocking these hormones. Even more worrying, Georgi mentioned that if snails are given a 5-AR inhibitor, the snails no longer coil. It completely disrupts their morphogenetic field, and this effect persists for several generations. It’s no wonder that kids born from a father taking finasteride are being seen to have SEVERE birth defects. The severe side effects, range from decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction, to brain fog, depression and suicide. There are now multiple communities and foundations popping up to help finasteride users with these problems. Just a quick google search for ‘post finasteride syndrome’ brings up 450,000 results. There is also a thread here.

OP
A

AsuraAcademy

Yes you are correct. Finasteride works by blocking the 5-AR enzyme. But many VERY IMPORTANT steroids are produced by this enzyme, and they are not only central to wellbeing and consciousness, but to the orgasm function itself and brain development, intestinal function, digestion and even just holding our organism in its shape. These steroids also help to improve metabolism and lower stress. So you can imagine the problems that would arise through blocking these hormones. Even more worrying, Georgi mentioned that if snails are given a 5-AR inhibitor, the snails no longer coil. It completely disrupts their morphogenetic field, and this effect persists for several generations. It’s no wonder that kids born from a father taking finasteride are being seen to have SEVERE birth defects. The severe side effects, range from decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction, to brain fog, depression and suicide. There are now multiple communities and foundations popping up to help finasteride users with these problems. Just a quick google search for ‘post finasteride syndrome’ brings up 450,000 results. There is also a thread here.
What else can we do for hair loss? I personally think Male Pattern Baldness Androgenic Alopecia is similar to Alopecia Areta which is hair loss in random spots in the scalp. Alopecia Areta is said to be an auto immune condition and treated with immune lowering drugs... But, in India Siddha Medicine says it is due to bacteria in the scalp and they simply give some herbs to apply over the scalp to kill bacteria and hair grows back.... I personally think Androgenic Alopecia is immune response leading to inflammation and swelling > fibrosis >hair loss... I don't know what's causing the immune response whether bacteria or any other thing... Also, when I was on Nofap I noticed I didn't had hair loss... Going to try Nofap again...

rr1

What else can we do for hair loss? I personally think Male Pattern Baldness Androgenic Alopecia is similar to Alopecia Areta which is hair loss in random spots in the scalp. Alopecia Areta is said to be an auto immune condition and treated with immune lowering drugs... But, in India Siddha Medicine says it is due to bacteria in the scalp and they simply give some herbs to apply over the scalp to kill bacteria and hair grows back.... I personally think Androgenic Alopecia is immune response leading to inflammation and swelling > fibrosis >hair loss... I don't know what's causing the immune response whether bacteria or any other thing... Also, when I was on Nofap I noticed I didn't had hair loss... Going to try Nofap again...
If that's your belief, then try to lower inflammation. Everything that Ray Peat talks about lowers inflammation. This state you mention of swelling and fibrosis, it can be reversed through massaging. To heal this inflammation from massaging, the body gets circulation back in, which activates repair processes and will actively clean out the fibrosis. This will let the stem cells that make hair recover. And what you mentioned about the herbs to kill bacteria, and nofap -- I'm sure they are both helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals