Help - I've Some Weird Skin Issues After Taking Thyroid

My temps are rising. And I get them to around 37C. during the day, HR around 85 or so at rest.

Since I've been doing this, I've had a few boils. Some itching and a few skin irritated areas.

I've been sweating a lot more at night and feeling warmer.

My theory has been that the heat difference creates new flora and fauna on the skin and this can precipitate stuff. Or a Herxeimer response? or ???

I'm taking about 1.75 grains of NDT and some T3 here and there.

rei

leave the t3 out and see what happens, seems you are a little hyper.

alywest

That's interesting. I have something similar that is slowly getting better but this is what I am wondering. If it is worth pursuing, if I am going too fast...
I get a rash from NDT, I have no idea why except I read somewhere that it could be causing an autoimmunity type reaction which makes sense.

abruzzi

I'm new, to what are you referring with NDT and T3. Are these supplements?

alywest

I'm new, to what are you referring with NDT and T3. Are these supplements?
NDT=Natural dessicated thyroid
Thyroid hormone supplements in synthetic form mainly consist of T4 (Synthroid, levothyroxine, etc.) and T3 (liothyronine, cytomel)
T3 is the active form of thyroid, while T4 needs to be converted to T3 in order to be utilized by the body.

abruzzi

NDT=Natural dessicated thyroid
Thyroid hormone supplements in synthetic form mainly consist of T4 (Synthroid, levothyroxine, etc.) and T3 (liothyronine, cytomel)
T3 is the active form of thyroid, while T4 needs to be converted to T3 in order to be utilized by the body.

Thanks, it doesn't sound like something I would want to take

OP
ecstatichamster
I stopped taking it.

Now strangely, my temperatures are higher. I think it's due to less rT3. I'm only taking a little T3, and haven't needed any today.

I ordered T4 and I'll be trying that with T3 and see how that all goes. If there is no difference I'll take the NDT again.

alywest

I stopped taking it.

Now strangely, my temperatures are higher. I think it's due to less rT3. I'm only taking a little T3, and haven't needed any today.

I ordered T4 and I'll be trying that with T3 and see how that all goes. If there is no difference I'll take the NDT again.
I was taking just t3 for a while and I eventually added t4 as well. If you aren't taking t4 you have to almost constantly be thinking about taking small doses of t3 since it's out of your system so quickly. Also, magnesium really helped with keeping the heart palps and stuff like that away.