Help Interpreting my Iron Panel and Mineral Test

laleto12

Hi,

I have done a bloodwork a couple of days ago, and these are the results.

I am not sure what the exact mechanism of Mineral testing but they claim it to be INSIDE OF THE CELL testing. Don't really know what it means.

It seems that I am almost on the lower side of all the minerals. Should I try a multimineral supplement? Ceruloplasmin is also low.

Also, iron panel got me confusing because some results indicate low iron some don't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. @Hans @redsun @Lokzo

Symptoms are cold hands and feet, fatigue, hairloss, and the worst one is digestion which sucks so bad.

I am clearly hypothyroid but thyroid supplementation does not work unfortunately. Have already tried a couple of times.
Ekran görüntüsü 2022-09-17 122905.png
serulo.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi,

I have done a bloodwork a couple of days ago, and these are the results.

I am not sure what the exact mechanism of Mineral testing but they claim it to be INSIDE OF THE CELL testing. Don't really know what it means.

It seems that I am almost on the lower side of all the minerals. Should I try a multimineral supplement? Ceruloplasmin is also low.

Also, iron panel got me confusing because some results indicate low iron some don't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. @Hans @redsun @Lokzo

Symptoms are cold hands and feet, fatigue, hairloss, and the worst one is digestion which sucks so bad.

I am clearly hypothyroid but thyroid supplementation does not work unfortunately. Have already tried a couple of times.View attachment 42319View attachment 42320
You do seem to be low in most nutrient. Iron looks fine. Iron markers can change a lot if you consume more zinc, copper, selenium, etc. So it's not just as simple as eating more or less iron.

I'd say just eat more nutrient dense foods, such as oysters, eggs, dairy, meat and organ meat.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

You do seem to be low in most nutrient. Iron looks fine. Iron markers can change a lot if you consume more zinc, copper, selenium, etc. So it's not just as simple as eating more or less iron.

I'd say just eat more nutrient dense foods, such as oysters, eggs, dairy, meat and organ meat.
My diet has consisted nutritient dense foods that you mentioned for years though. There must be something else that’s causing these issues.

I always try to eat nutritous, local, grass fed, organic etc. Eating when hungry and not restricting.

Meat, organ foods, dairy, potatoes, rice, fruits, marmalade, some veggies, occasional sourdough bread etc.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My diet has consisted nutritient dense foods that you mentioned for years though. There must be something else that’s causing these issues.

I always try to eat nutritous, local, grass fed, organic etc. Eating when hungry and not restricting.

Meat, organ foods, dairy, potatoes, rice, fruits, marmalade, some veggies, occasional sourdough bread etc.
I think they looked at red blood cells in your case, which will differ from other tissues. Looking at enzymatic function is a better way to asses deficiencies since minerals are used as cofactors. An ION panel will look at those enzymatic activities.

redsun

@redsun

I would appreciate your take on this.
As hans said if this is from your RBCs we cannot assume this automatically reflects in your tissues.

Your low transferrin saturation does indicate you are probably iron deficient but this can also be caused by chronic infection or inflammatory states.