Help Interprete, I Did Organic Acid And Genetic, From Genova

Xisca

I am not very surprised by the results, they go along the symtoms. But some good surprises too!

1st, what is quoted as "no abnormality found" :
- fatty acid metabolism
I do use fat well...
- B-Complex Vitamin Markers
- Methylation Cofactor Markers

This was a surprise, as the genetic shows problem with methylation.
I had so good result with taking methylcobalamin, that maybe the test just show I targeted right!

- Oxidative Damage and Antioxidant Markers
- L. acidophilus / general bacteria ; Clostridial Species ; Yeast/Fungal ; No Abnormality Found either!
I was almost sure that my fungal problems had gone with low carbing a while...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Now the rest that is not normal and too high...
I indicate what is high, what they say it is related to, and what they propose (not precise as it has to be prescribed and seen by doctor)

- Phenylacetate & Indican ↑
Indicate intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
and they propose Probiotics of course.

- Glucarate ↑ Hippurate ↑
Have to do with Hepatic Phase I and II detoxand Hepatic Phase II conjugation
Suggest N-acetylcysteine, Hepatic support, Glycine

- Homovanillate ↑ 5-Hydroxyindoleacetate ↑
Dopamine turnover stimulation & Serotonin turnover stimulation : who can explain what it is?
They say ¡Evaluate stress issues! Easy said...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Then, as expected, problem with ATP production and glucose oxydation!

- L-Lactate ↑ Succinate ↑

They mainly propose CoQ10, and then Lipoic Acid, B1, B2, B3, B5

OP
Xisca

Xisca

About genetics, 1st let's say that I am not afraid, because I know genetics are not a sentence, so I just wanted to know wht it is, predisposition, and see which one are relevant, and which are dormant.

I have the MTHFR gene and so problem with methylation, B12 and folate.
Also MTR and MTRR are not good.

I also have a reduced secretion of interleukyne 10, and more of the IL6, thus leading to inflamation. Relevant for me.

What is "strange" is that I am thin as an early teenager and I have low blood pressure... As it contradicts the genetic predisposition, maybe our body has some intelligence to give us some other less important issue, and preserve from the worse? This intelligence would be to express or not some genes...

It seems I have a common variation of the FABP2 that predispose to what I have, high glucose and preference for fat oxidation, and a reduced capacity to lower glucose levels.
I also have some defects about metabolism, which is in line with my health issues. Lots of genes predisposing to diabetis type 2. I was told this when I was around 12 years old, though I am still fine because I took care of myself. So if I want to go on with more sugar, I have to take care in doing it right!
And I am also supposed to have too much concentration of homocystein.

Metabolism of neuro-transmittors: not the best...
I am thankful for getting a very good ANKK1! Good regulation of dopamine receptors!
Maybe that is why I keep a lot of motivation even when failing.... :clap:

Then the genotype of my BDNF says that I codify methionine instead of valine.
Some one know what it means?
It looks relevant for me as it predispose to difficulties in motor short term learning. If this is the kind of making it hard to follow any teacher in tai-chi or any movement sequence, then YES. They told me I was as a physical dyslexic!

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

Then, the detox pathways predisposition correspond with the organic acid results.
I have difficulties in processing either estrogens and chemicals from the environment (fumes and burned food for example).
This test is quite great to know what medication can be a problem for you, as they list very precisely what you can or not metabolize well!

This I do not understand:
"This genotype correspond with a type of slow metaboliser (cafein) "
Does this mean that coffee is not super great for me? Or that I will just profit of its effect longer?

Dan W

Then, as expected, problem with ATP production and glucose oxydation!

- L-Lactate ↑ Succinate ↑

Chris Masterjohn has a video that might be of interest to you. Although it's very technical and over my head at the moment.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Thanks for the video Dan:
Signs of oxidative stress: "If it gets really bad, the succinate to fumarate ratio will increase"
At least I know a little more what is citric cycle!

I have found this
http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/13/4/292.pdf
and about high hippurate when with low benzoate as I have, they say:
"Normal hippurate production via active glycine conjugation; Presume hippurate is at least partially derived from intestinal microbial action on dietary polyphenols"
Could it be from eating gelatinous meat....

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

Then the genotype of my BDNF says that I codify methionine instead of valine.
Some one know what it means?
It looks relevant for me as it predispose to difficulties in motor short term learning. If this is the kind of making it hard to follow any teacher in tai-chi or any movement sequence, then YES. They told me I was as a physical dyslexic!

Your gene snps like the BNDF valine is the wild type (majority have this) and methionine is the variant. It depends if you are heterozygous (one wildtype, one variant) or homozygous (both variant).

Gene: BDNF
SNP: Val66Met
genotype TT
So homozygote.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I have the MTHFR gene and so problem with methylation, B12 and folate.
Also MTR and MTRR are not good.

FASE II DETOXIFICACIÓN - METILACIÓN :
MTHFR - Ala222Val - AA - MUY ALTA
MTHFR - A1298C - TT - NEUTRA
MTR - 2756A>G - GG - ALTA
MTRR - Ile22Met - GG - ALTA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals