Help! I Accidentally Cooked The Entire Corned Beef Flavor Pack (plastic And All) In My Stew

I made a corned beef stew last night, briefly read the package directions. I seen where it mentioned a flavor pack, but that it was optional to put in? I searched the packaged meat and just did not find a flavor pack as mentioned, so I wrongly assumed that the one I purchased did not have one in it!

Evidently it was shoved inside the slab of meat or something, because I did not notice it until the very end of simmering/boiling the stew for 4 hours. I constantly worry about plastics in our food and what happens in our bodies when we are exposed to the plastics we encounter every day...so this really bummed me out. Part of the pack was burnt, but did not appear like it was melted? The plastic was pretty durable, I guess I am just concerned about the exposure and wondering if maybe we just "pee" the particles out?

I'm just so annoyed at myself that I did this, I was sidetracked doing other things while trying to cook and I partly think if I had just slowed down a second and paid better attention. I would have thought to check the meat. Anyway, it's already done and over. Anyone else done this before?

Xisca

The end of the story... Did you eat it or not?

mrchibbs

I would throw it out. No biggie