HELP: Hair Loss, Epilepsy & Paruresis

Luca2212

Hi,

I am not a physician or so but I am trying more and more to read my way through the forum in the hope to find a stabilizing solution for the issues that I face:

- Since I am 14 I am suffering from epilepsy (I am almost 27 now) and since I am taking 1x Keppra 500mg morning and 1x 1000mg Keppra at night. Even though I barely have a fit - occurs once a year on average - in most cases it leads back to not taking the medication regularly. Even though I can live with it and do not feel limited in living a normal live, I feel that suffering from thinning hair and paruresis might be interconnected with the epilepsy

- I am suffering from general hair thinning and hair loss and it is exhausting to handle. Even though I guess I am living with it I cannot simply accept the fact that it is thinning and fading away. I don't believe that this is just the natural way and I believe there must be ways to improve the situations without hair transplants or finasteride/minoxidil. I always think about hair like a flow

- I am suffering from paruresis and struggle to urinate in places where there is many people or if the sound could be exposed to someone I know. Surprisingly when I get the chance to sit in a stall I feel more relaxed and can urinate even if people are around. But in certain situations (e.g. when I date a girl) I struggle to urinate no matter if I am at home or at her place. When drinking alcohol the situation is more easy as I guess I am more relaxed, but there's situation where I simply have to find an excuse and leave or quickly go outside to pee in a dark corner. I never had a problem with it in the past and in my mind I am not scared to stand urinating next to someone, but somehow my bladder blocks me from doing so

I am aware this is not a psychological forum, but I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on how to fix these issues as I believe in this community. I know it might be asked a lot, but I am keen to make a change and get my life under control. I somehow feel that all these three issues are intertwined and I am really just look for some constructive advice. I appreciate every comment and hope someone can help me move forward.

fever257

Hi,

I've also struggled with these issues.

I'd advise you read Ray Peat's article on epilepsy: Epilepsy and Progesterone

Low thyroid predisposes to both epilepsy and hair loss, so I'd make sure you're Peating as best you can (eat a metabolically supportive diet). If you need to learn about this I'd recommend reading Kate Deering's "How to Heal Your Metabolism" (On amazon), as that helped me a lot.

Beyond diet, increasing blood flow through the use of the sauna and weight training are two things that helped me. It's extremely hard to diagnose the cause behind hair loss because it is so circumstantial. It could simply be the medication you're taking or more likely it could be any number of issues.

Exercising and improving the thyroid are great starts though. :)

Experienced

Hi,

I am not a physician or so but I am trying more and more to read my way through the forum in the hope to find a stabilizing solution for the issues that I face:

- Since I am 14 I am suffering from epilepsy (I am almost 27 now) and since I am taking 1x Keppra 500mg morning and 1x 1000mg Keppra at night. Even though I barely have a fit - occurs once a year on average - in most cases it leads back to not taking the medication regularly. Even though I can live with it and do not feel limited in living a normal live, I feel that suffering from thinning hair and paruresis might be interconnected with the epilepsy

- I am suffering from general hair thinning and hair loss and it is exhausting to handle. Even though I guess I am living with it I cannot simply accept the fact that it is thinning and fading away. I don't believe that this is just the natural way and I believe there must be ways to improve the situations without hair transplants or finasteride/minoxidil. I always think about hair like a flow

- I am suffering from paruresis and struggle to urinate in places where there is many people or if the sound could be exposed to someone I know. Surprisingly when I get the chance to sit in a stall I feel more relaxed and can urinate even if people are around. But in certain situations (e.g. when I date a girl) I struggle to urinate no matter if I am at home or at her place. When drinking alcohol the situation is more easy as I guess I am more relaxed, but there's situation where I simply have to find an excuse and leave or quickly go outside to pee in a dark corner. I never had a problem with it in the past and in my mind I am not scared to stand urinating next to someone, but somehow my bladder blocks me from doing so

I am aware this is not a psychological forum, but I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on how to fix these issues as I believe in this community. I know it might be asked a lot, but I am keen to make a change and get my life under control. I somehow feel that all these three issues are intertwined and I am really just look for some constructive advice. I appreciate every comment and hope someone can help me move forward.
Have you fixed your paruresis?

PPbro

Looks like high serotonin is behind all of the above. Have you ever used SSRIs / have you ever dropped carbohydrates

Experienced

Looks like high serotonin is behind all of the above. Have you ever used SSRIs / have you ever dropped carbohydrates
I think mine is caused by a trauma while I was on air ~~ (PLANE) ~~ my brother got epilepsy and I`ve been going through huge amounts of trauma so I don`t think it`s been caused by Serotonin. no I haven`t tried cyproheptadine I was planning to use that stuff but I`m too young for them.

and before all of this I lived more than 70 people around me when I was younger I had poor diet and I was able to pee everywhere with no problems.

Experienced

I think mine is caused by a trauma while I was on air ~~ (PLANE) ~~ my brother got epilepsy and I`ve going through huge amounts of trauma`s so I don`t think it`s been caused by Serotonin. no I haven`t tried cyproheptadine I was planning to use that stuff but I`m too young for them.

and before all of this I lived more than 70 people around me when I was younger I had poor diet and I was able to pee everywhere with no problems.
while I mention that my brother was having an epilepsy it was just new to all of us for my mom etc he had his first epilepsy on an age of 23 while we were on plane and were flying for estimated 4 to 3.5 hours and it kept going like sh*t and I`ve been through those stuff after this stuff I started getting those issues. it got a bit better but still having Paruresis let`s say it`s a mild one but still it`s on going.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals