Help! Fluid Retention/dehydration, Swelling, Bumps, Etc

Dutchie

So,for about 2days now I haven't been able to go to the toilet for a big #2 ....it's driving me crazy that I just don't know how to get bowels flowing frequently.
Despite using lots of salt,I on&off battle with fluid retention,dehydration or God knows what it is.However it always turns out to be when I had an 'off'day meaning,that I just eat within Peat guidelines and not care/being scared of macro's&such....basically meaning not minding the fat. But I always wake more fatigued,kinda sluggish/relaxed feeling the next day and with swollen areas.....
Back in the day when I started through Eat4Heat and consumed also starches with it,sometimes I woke up with legs swollen like elephant feet,couldn't open my eyelids,this waterpouch?on my belly....I literally sometimes couldnt get my pants&shoes on let alone walk! The skin on my shins totally cracked open by all the swelling and now months later the skin has finally regenerated.
I never ever experienced something like that in my entire life and it totally freaked me out! It has been months now,since I ever ran if just to catch the buss.
But,this evening I felt this itchyness on my leg so I looked down and I see this big bump with fluid/puss?The skin around it is also quite red and kinda hurts when you touch it,probably bc the skin is totally stretched out(I don't dare to prick it open since I don't know what it is or from)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/ ... y/bult.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/ ... /bult2.jpg

What's happening?!Is this bc I havent been able to go to the toilet for a big dump for 2days?(I'm battling constipation for years but never experienced weird things like this either almost eating zero on Paleo or in my pre-healthdays)....I don't know what to do anymore with all these constant weird things happening.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dutchie I do not know whats going on but I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon. Maybe write Ray Peat and see if he can help?

Last edited by a moderator:

jaguar43

is that poison ivy?

OP
D

Dutchie

I thougth that maybe id been stung or bitten,but according to my GP it was the fluid from my legswelling that came out and had accumulated into this bump. Apparently the current very humid and warm weather made it worse according to her.
Now,i must somehow seem to prevent it happening again and make sure it doesnt cause infection bc then i would need antibiotics for sure and i dont want that at all! She wanted to prescribe me some now but i tefused it. I dont however know what i can do to make sure it wont infect,other than hope the best.

I dont know what to think of it. The current weather certainly does seem to have a stressful effect on me,since i can turn into this raging angerball for no reason and then when evening comes and it starts to cool down,i turn more normal again.
Someone at Peatarian mentioned histamine intolerance and when I look what i ate during those days,they were histamine rich foods with which i normally have no problem. From reading about histamine intolerance it can cause itching and constipation,constipation leads to gutdisbalances etc.
So,apparently the weather made/makes me histamine intolerant.
I did indeed mail mr.Peat.....he's such a kind man and replies so fast! And his mailreplies arent hard to comprehend at all compared to his scientific articles. Then again scientific professional articles need to be written that way.

HDD

Carrot salad for antibiotic effect might be good to use. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-microbial. Maybe use topically?

So did your GP know what the swelling is from? Do you think it is a histamine intolerance? What was Ray Peat's advice?

My niece used to get hives in cold weather. Interesting that temperature can affect us like an allergen

OP
D

Dutchie

Haagendazendiane said:
Carrot salad for antibiotic effect might be good to use. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-microbial. Maybe use topically?

So did your GP know what the swelling is from? Do you think it is a histamine intolerance? What was Ray Peat's advice?

My niece used to get hives in cold weather. Interesting that temperature can affect us like an allergen

No,neither the GP nor the hospital knew it,this is probably my own fault but from searching on the net it can be so many things causing it.
Weather can be a stressor on the body releasing histamines and topping that off with histamine-rich food (which basically are all Peat foods) can be too much if you're not having good large bowelmovement. It's just the chicken and the egg story about what caused the stress&constipation in the first place......my guess is the weather.
According to mr.Peat it's bc of low-thyroid/metabolism; this is what he wrote to me(answers are on a couple of different questions I asked him):

Goat milk contains more copper than cow milk, and copper is important for energy metabolism and blood formation. Thyroid hormone regulates ferritin, so it doesn't indicate iron status. Low thyroid function can increase sensitivity to histamine, and make it harder to adapt to heat and humiditty. When thyroid function is low, the ability to burn calories can be very low, and then the daily protein requirement is likely to be below 80 grams per day. Low fat milk or cottage cheese is a very good protein for stimulating the metabolism, fruits such as oranges, cherries, guavas, cherimoyas, and watermelons are good carbohydrates, and having some mostly saturated fat with each meal helps to regulate digestion and assimilation.

800 mg to 2000 mg of magnesium

And 50 mg zinc

And b6 before bed

Ur Gonaa use the bathroom for minimum of 3 times the day after

Trust me

Neeters 27

magnesium CITRATE is the best form for going #2 ! brings water into bowels, rarely need more than 600-800 mgs.