ursidae

Low hcl person with history of malabsorption here and I've got pronounced longitudinal ridges on my nails. I know when the pitting starts to show up hell is about to unleash itself

ursidae

fingernails8[1].jpg

The ridged nails are onychorrhexis

"Longitudinal ridging (Onychorrhexis)​

Longitudinal lines, or striations, may appear as indented grooves or projecting ridges and may represent long-lasting abnormalities [Figure 6]. Although a single nail fissure is most likely due to a minor trauma, systemic connotations have been found with systemic amyloidosis, nail-patella syndrome, collagen vascular diseases, graft versus host disease, and rheumatoid arthritis. Central ridges can also be caused by iron, folic acid, or protein deficiency."

youngsinatra

vitamin D3, K2, retinol, calcium, magnesium and omega-3 FA could help.

Had terrible skin trying to get EFA deficient, which I never had before.
Eating fish 2 or 3 times a week helped me a lot.

OP
J

julcreutz

vitamin D3, K2, retinol, calcium, magnesium and omega-3 FA could help.

Had terrible skin trying to get EFA deficient, which I never had before.
Eating fish 2 or 3 times a week helped me a lot.

Interesting that you're mentioning EFA. I'm actually starting to think that it might actually be the cause for my problems too.
It's just hard to find fish that tastes good where I am and is not too expensive.

Motif

View attachment 22096

The ridged nails are onychorrhexis

"Longitudinal ridging (Onychorrhexis)​

Longitudinal lines, or striations, may appear as indented grooves or projecting ridges and may represent long-lasting abnormalities [Figure 6]. Although a single nail fissure is most likely due to a minor trauma, systemic connotations have been found with systemic amyloidosis, nail-patella syndrome, collagen vascular diseases, graft versus host disease, and rheumatoid arthritis. Central ridges can also be caused by iron, folic acid, or protein deficiency."

This would fit to my zinc deficiency too. What could I do for it ?

i got those ridges too.

Motif

Mine are the same, ive seen before it being related to nutritional deficiencies, low protein or zinc maybe but i don't think thats confirmed. Indeed i eat plenty of both. A forum member posted once about betaine HCL clearing their ridges, so perhaps its to do with absorption of nutrients\poor stomach acid or something of the sort
Anything helped?

i got low zinc too. Maybe I need more protein too

@julcreutz

did you have success meanwhile ?

@Peaterpeater

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals