Help Can't Eat Anything Debilitating Excess Saliva

redsun

No OCD, no depression, not a very lean build, no allergies (that i am aware of), I guess I do sweat easily. Tried taking larger doses of magensium, cyproheptadine and progesterone as I have read that these things can counteract the excess saliva issue and there has been some improvement although it is far from gone completely.

I mean like seasonal allergies.

You'll sweat easily with high acetylcholine. I just wanted to see if you also displayed some high histamine symptoms which could explain it. Since histamine promotes Ach activity as well.

If you were exposed to heavy metals, some can inhibit acetylcholine breakdown.

Also should avoid zinc, B complex, manganese supplementation and avoid any other known substances that enhance Ach activity. Vitamin D supplementation and calcium rich foods may help. And you should avoid any choline rich proteins.

Even if the shilajit was high quality it will still contain small amounts of toxic metals. So if you consumed a lot of shilajit, its possible that could be part of the problem.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I mean like seasonal allergies.

You'll sweat easily with high acetylcholine. I just wanted to see if you also displayed some high histamine symptoms which could explain it. Since histamine promotes Ach activity as well.

If you were exposed to heavy metals, some can inhibit acetylcholine breakdown.

Also should avoid zinc, B complex, manganese supplementation and avoid any other known substances that enhance Ach activity. Vitamin D supplementation and calcium rich foods may help. And you should avoid any choline rich proteins.

Even if the shilajit was high quality it will still contain small amounts of toxic metals. So if you consumed a lot of shilajit, its possible that could be part of the problem.

Thanks for the advice RedSun. I don't think I have ever had any seasonal allergies, pollen etc never seemed to bother me. Cyproheptadine seems to help but makes me tired, need to get the dose right I guess. I guess it could be the toxic metals in the shilajit but the shilajit I used to take (which I have not taken for many months) was tested for heavy metals and shown to not contain any.

PaRa

cyproheptadine may makes you tired because of the anti-histamine effect
histamine promotes alertness

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
cyproheptadine may makes you tired because of the anti-histamine effect
histamine promotes alertness
I know that is why I have tried to avoid taking too much had been keeping it to 1mg a day but it seems like that is not enough to stop the excess saliva issues. It is difficult to dial in the correct dosage that does not also causes tiredness.

PaRa

I know that is why I have tried to avoid taking too much had been keeping it to 1mg a day but it seems like that is not enough to stop the excess saliva issues. It is difficult to dial in the correct dosage that does not also causes tiredness.
so may the saliva issue may not be related to histamine like said @redsun

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
so may the saliva issue may not be related to histamine like said @redsun

I don't think it is a histamine issue. I think it is due to excess Acetylcholine but for some reason Cyproheptadine seems to help.

redsun

I don't think it is a histamine issue. I think it is due to excess Acetylcholine but for some reason Cyproheptadine seems to help.

Cypro also has strong anticholinergic properties. If you took large amounts of shilajit you could still have toxicity of metals. Non toxic metals also can inhibit Ach. I know you mentioned eating a lot of liver. Copper can do it as well (so can too much zinc and manganese) but honestly I dont know how much liver or liver capsules you have had if thats going to make a difference.

The enzyme that makes norepinephrine is a copper containing enzyme which is important for sympathetic nervous system activation. However the reaction requires vitamin C. Taking vitamin C may help by increase norepinephrine. May be worth a shot taking 1-2g daily see if it helps. I will say taking high doses of vitamin C does give me dry mouth. May help you.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Don't know why but things seemed to have improved the past few days. Only things I can think of that I've been doing differently are:

Consistency with carrot salad (have had it 3 days in a row), full body red light therapy daily, and 40mg of progesterone combined with 5mg of DHEA. It still is a little bit there in the mornings but today it has been a lot better overall.

redsun

Don't know why but things seemed to have improved the past few days. Only things I can think of that I've been doing differently are:

Consistency with carrot salad (have had it 3 days in a row), full body red light therapy daily, and 40mg of progesterone combined with 5mg of DHEA. It still is a little bit there in the mornings but today it has been a lot better overall.

The hormones you are taking probably have anticholinergic activity.