HELP! And Help Moving To The Country

dudinator

I'm currently in one heck of a hole.

A few years ago I ended up with gastroparesis and nocturnal MGD brought on by the food left in my stomach. When my stomach is full - I can't sleep, and when I can't sleep - my digestion gets worse. I'm stuck in a deadly cycle, and the whole thing has progressed in severity (less tolerant of more and more foods) to the point where I'm consuming a hypocaloric diet of beef protein isolate, pineapple juice, and small amounts of fat with a bevy of peaty supps. Oh... and a year in I started getting auditory hallucinations. I'm in my 20's...

Just after the auditories set in, I graduated with a biochem and my girlfriend and I moved into my parents basement. Since then, my symptoms got much worse in progression. I've rigorously tested how I feel in each room. Surprise, surprise... I feel the worst (the least tired/relaxed) in our bedroom downstairs.

I have an unbelievably supportive girlfriend, and a hostile mother who calls my condition a "tummy ache" and thinks I'm a hypochondriac who has deluded himself into thinking that air quality and EMFs are having a huge impact on my (lack of) recovery.

We have a family cabin, and every time I'm up there I get really tired and my digestion improves immensely. Over a long enough period of time, I begin to feel normal. However, I start to feel very lonely and my addictive tendencies begin to set in. My gf and family can't just stay there with me unfortunately.

So with all that said, my girlfriend and I had our last straw with my toxic mother a few nights ago... as well as the toxic house, and toxic city. We want to move to the country ASAP. I feel as if I'm on my last leg here before there's no going back. I'm averaging 4-5 hr sleep/night no matter what I take/do. I'm so depressed, and hopeless. I used to be glowing and vibrant.

We live in the US midwest, and are half way through a generally short summer. We want to move out in time to get at least a couple months of perfect, lush, greenery. Along with being free of EMF no matter what time of year. No stressful family members, no synthetic carpet and limited upholstery/furniture. No stressful/constant noise pollution everywhere when I'm trying to relax.

tldr - I need to move to the country and need your help.

I'm nervous. Learned helplessness or whatever would definitely describe me right now. How/what kind of work can I find out there? I'm above average with manual labor, although I need to pace myself atm in order to digest food. I also have my BS in Biochem, as worthless as that's been for employment (I couldn't work in an EMF filled, big city lab even if I got hired). My girlfriend has an esthetician license and maybe 3-4 grand. I have a couple hundred in my account and a near maxed card. I've yet to get a diagnosis so don't know how easy it would be for me to get disability. I'm not so sure I want to tell any doctors I basically have schizo. Is it possible to get on disability if I'm not a threat to anyone's safety, and still decide not to take the harmful drugs they'll prescribe me (not get blood tested etc...)?

Any tips for the whole ordeal or words of encouragement? How do we know which towns to avoid or go to? How do we find cheap, rural property up for rent?

Any tips in the meantime? Would setting up a tent in the backyard be smart? How risky would it be to set up a tent in a large park with enough foliage and space so as to be covered from view from any trails? Not to live, just to sleep at least.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

akgrrrl

I'm currently in one heck of a hole.

A few years ago I ended up with gastroparesis and nocturnal MGD brought on by the food left in my stomach. When my stomach is full - I can't sleep, and when I can't sleep - my digestion gets worse. I'm stuck in a deadly cycle, and the whole thing has progressed in severity (less tolerant of more and more foods) to the point where I'm consuming a hypocaloric diet of beef protein isolate, pineapple juice, and small amounts of fat with a bevy of peaty supps. Oh... and a year in I started getting auditory hallucinations. I'm in my 20's...

Just after the auditories set in, I graduated with a biochem and my girlfriend and I moved into my parents basement. Since then, my symptoms got much worse in progression. I've rigorously tested how I feel in each room. Surprise, surprise... I feel the worst (the least tired/relaxed) in our bedroom downstairs.

I have an unbelievably supportive girlfriend, and a hostile mother who calls my condition a "tummy ache" and thinks I'm a hypochondriac who has deluded himself into thinking that air quality and EMFs are having a huge impact on my (lack of) recovery.

We have a family cabin, and every time I'm up there I get really tired and my digestion improves immensely. Over a long enough period of time, I begin to feel normal. However, I start to feel very lonely and my addictive tendencies begin to set in. My gf and family can't just stay there with me unfortunately.

So with all that said, my girlfriend and I had our last straw with my toxic mother a few nights ago... as well as the toxic house, and toxic city. We want to move to the country ASAP. I feel as if I'm on my last leg here before there's no going back. I'm averaging 4-5 hr sleep/night no matter what I take/do. I'm so depressed, and hopeless. I used to be glowing and vibrant.

We live in the US midwest, and are half way through a generally short summer. We want to move out in time to get at least a couple months of perfect, lush, greenery. Along with being free of EMF no matter what time of year. No stressful family members, no synthetic carpet and limited upholstery/furniture. No stressful/constant noise pollution everywhere when I'm trying to relax.

tldr - I need to move to the country and need your help.

I'm nervous. Learned helplessness or whatever would definitely describe me right now. How/what kind of work can I find out there? I'm above average with manual labor, although I need to pace myself atm in order to digest food. I also have my BS in Biochem, as worthless as that's been for employment (I couldn't work in an EMF filled, big city lab even if I got hired). My girlfriend has an esthetician license and maybe 3-4 grand. I have a couple hundred in my account and a near maxed card. I've yet to get a diagnosis so don't know how easy it would be for me to get disability. I'm not so sure I want to tell any doctors I basically have schizo. Is it possible to get on disability if I'm not a threat to anyone's safety, and still decide not to take the harmful drugs they'll prescribe me (not get blood tested etc...)?

Any tips for the whole ordeal or words of encouragement? How do we know which towns to avoid or go to? How do we find cheap, rural property up for rent?

Any tips in the meantime? Would setting up a tent in the backyard be smart? How risky would it be to set up a tent in a large park with enough foliage and space so as to be covered from view from any trails? Not to live, just to sleep at least.

Thanks for any help.
I have been traveling across America for the last 10 month and may have some ideas if you want to pm me

lampofred

Don't really have any experience with this but maybe look at places that are high altitude in addition to being rural. Also maybe look at the number of people with health issues by region and pick places that seem to have the healthiest populations. Wyoming and Vermont seem to have the lowest mental issues (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's), but one of my friends who lives near Vermont says even though it's a beautiful state there's nothing to do and opiod use is high.

I wonder why the older generations seem to not be affected by EMF nearly as much as my/this generation. Less vaccine exposure? Or maybe EMF only affects you when you are young because of hormonal differences? No idea.

OP
D

dudinator

Don't really have any experience with this but maybe look at places that are high altitude in addition to being rural. Also maybe look at the number of people with health issues by region and pick places that seem to have the healthiest populations. Wyoming and Vermont seem to have the lowest mental issues (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's), but one of my friends who lives near Vermont says even though it's a beautiful state there's nothing to do and opiod use is high.

I wonder why the older generations seem to not be affected by EMF nearly as much as my/this generation. Less vaccine exposure? Or maybe EMF only affects you when you are young because of hormonal differences? No idea.
I think EMF sensitivity is more due to a generalized state of being more sensitive to stressors. I remember when I first started the whole paleo deal, there were many people (usually older ones) who only had to be on the diet for a year until they could handle gluten again. Most younger ones never got better.

I had many theories for this, and for me they all got solved instantly (along with many other questions) when I joined a support group. The older folks just had way more emotional/social IQ than we do, and in turn we have way more than the younger generation even when controlling for age. At least from my subjective perspective. Since joining, my auditory hallucinations have reduced in quantity, severity, and their negative nature. I've also become more resistant to stress. The older folks developed during periods when society was more optimally organized for communal thinking patterns.

I think this forum, as well as many other health communities consistently miss the human side of things. That's why I need to move out mostly. While many environmental issues exist in my current house, my family is unfortunately toxic to me in my current health condition. Even when I'm in the same house, if they are gone for like a week, I start doing better. One of them in particular is a giant ball of stress, and when I meditate while they're in the house, I can feel their stress in my heart. When I'm healthy again (if!), they won't be toxic hopefully, but for now I simply need space.

Since this forum likes to look at the societal aspect of things. I'd suggest finding resources on human scale and how it affects how we socialize. Finding these resources online has really opened up my mind and made me much calmer about the disgusting affairs of modern times.

For some reason, people think we can just scale everything upwards without consequence. Even the definition of the sun changes when there are too many hydrogen atoms in its fusion reactor, or rather it degrades at a much faster rate and changes its possible endpoint to a black hole instead of some kind of dwarf star.

In Western countries, commute times have been consistently going up for years, along with stress by measured heart rate, # of traffic jams, etc... Yet we always hear how there's demand for housing, or we need more immigrants... This is because investors who only know things by statistics (stats, another creation of large scale human organization) need quarterly growth. These investors live in bubbles however (echo chambers are another aspect of excessive scale human organizations, look up whether small schools or big schools have more diverse friend groups), making them not care that you can't simply build more highways as a city increases in scale. It becomes more difficult, moving supplies through already jammed up infrastructure while jamming up infrastructure, having to demolish more to build more, increasing lanes increases inefficiency by increasing lane changes - increasing the "surface area" of each car, running into people's private property, etc... The circulatory system gets squeezed and suffers. There's no harmony, just growth and power.

Excessive human scale explains the inevitable collapse of large empires. And we have to live in it. Nobodies fault (even the rich suffer from material addiction in order to compete against peers), but all of everyone's. That doesn't mean some rich, evil possessed people don't need to be disenfranchised or humiliated, not everyone can be saved. However, I believe that the extreme social dysfunction being experienced across much of the globe is to explain why we are becoming so socially/emotionally retarded and thus less resistant to stress, as our stressors are increasing at the same time! As human societies increase, so do the number of social interactions. This increases how much we have to simplify interactions into hierarchies and transactions, making us less human over time. Think of the hipster kid in his 20s who has a completely flat affect and only cares about being cool. A good example.

Anywho, that's my opinion on the generational differences in stressor sensitivity.

lampofred

I think EMF sensitivity is more due to a generalized state of being more sensitive to stressors. I remember when I first started the whole paleo deal, there were many people (usually older ones) who only had to be on the diet for a year until they could handle gluten again. Most younger ones never got better.

I had many theories for this, and for me they all got solved instantly (along with many other questions) when I joined a support group. The older folks just had way more emotional/social IQ than we do, and in turn we have way more than the younger generation even when controlling for age. At least from my subjective perspective. Since joining, my auditory hallucinations have reduced in quantity, severity, and their negative nature. I've also become more resistant to stress. The older folks developed during periods when society was more optimally organized for communal thinking patterns.

I think this forum, as well as many other health communities consistently miss the human side of things. That's why I need to move out mostly. While many environmental issues exist in my current house, my family is unfortunately toxic to me in my current health condition. Even when I'm in the same house, if they are gone for like a week, I start doing better. One of them in particular is a giant ball of stress, and when I meditate while they're in the house, I can feel their stress in my heart. When I'm healthy again (if!), they won't be toxic hopefully, but for now I simply need space.

Since this forum likes to look at the societal aspect of things. I'd suggest finding resources on human scale and how it affects how we socialize. Finding these resources online has really opened up my mind and made me much calmer about the disgusting affairs of modern times.

For some reason, people think we can just scale everything upwards without consequence. Even the definition of the sun changes when there are too many hydrogen atoms in its fusion reactor, or rather it degrades at a much faster rate and changes its possible endpoint to a black hole instead of some kind of dwarf star.

In Western countries, commute times have been consistently going up for years, along with stress by measured heart rate, # of traffic jams, etc... Yet we always hear how there's demand for housing, or we need more immigrants... This is because investors who only know things by statistics (stats, another creation of large scale human organization) need quarterly growth. These investors live in bubbles however (echo chambers are another aspect of excessive scale human organizations, look up whether small schools or big schools have more diverse friend groups), making them not care that you can't simply build more highways as a city increases in scale. It becomes more difficult, moving supplies through already jammed up infrastructure while jamming up infrastructure, having to demolish more to build more, increasing lanes increases inefficiency by increasing lane changes - increasing the "surface area" of each car, running into people's private property, etc... The circulatory system gets squeezed and suffers. There's no harmony, just growth and power.

Excessive human scale explains the inevitable collapse of large empires. And we have to live in it. Nobodies fault (even the rich suffer from material addiction in order to compete against peers), but all of everyone's. That doesn't mean some rich, evil possessed people don't need to be disenfranchised or humiliated, not everyone can be saved. However, I believe that the extreme social dysfunction being experienced across much of the globe is to explain why we are becoming so socially/emotionally retarded and thus less resistant to stress, as our stressors are increasing at the same time! As human societies increase, so do the number of social interactions. This increases how much we have to simplify interactions into hierarchies and transactions, making us less human over time. Think of the hipster kid in his 20s who has a completely flat affect and only cares about being cool. A good example.

Anywho, that's my opinion on the generational differences in stressor sensitivity.

And the difference in emotional/social IQ between generations is reflected in the 50-fold increase in autism in the past few decades. I just wonder if it really is due to a change in upbringing because such a massive increase based purely on "soft" factors is mind-blowing. As opposed to "hard" factors like an accidentally contaminated/polluted batch of medicine that all people of this generation received growing up, for example.

LUH 3417

Have you tried magnoil? It helps with GI motility, I’ve never had the same benefit from other forms of magnesium (magnesium carbonate, topical magnesium chloride).

LUH 3417

And the difference in emotional/social IQ between generations is reflected in the 50-fold increase in autism in the past few decades. I just wonder if it really is due to a change in upbringing because such a massive increase based purely on "soft" factors is mind-blowing. As opposed to "hard" factors like an accidentally contaminated/polluted batch of medicine that all people of this generation received growing up, for example.
I think it’s the monkey DNA in vaccines causing the brain and immune system to go haywire

OP
D

dudinator

A part of the whole scale thing I brought up, was that the social dysfunction created by it, increases the incidence of negative "hard factors" that increase stress to the organism. So that's a part of it. Y'know, due to more corruption and greed based behaviors and all that.

However, out of all the science I've been focusing on in the last few years with my disorder, bonding time with my gf and social support groups have been about as successful I would say as changing my diet. N=1 and all that. I can even quantify this with gut gurglings being a positive, and periods of high auditory stress being negative. So at least for me, everything is important. They all correlate with improved social and emotional well being in me, in both a forward and reverse direction. Meaning improved diet helped me to socialize, and socializing helped me to benefit from my diet. I would guess that everything is important.

I think it's interesting. This forum really focuses in on avoiding harm (low gut bugs - which I agree with generally, low stress, etc...). The paleo/health sphere really focuses in on harm preparation (exercise, probiotics, fasting, cold showers). While more traditional elements, as well as others, focus on the social aspect of health. This last one, from personal experience, really seems to buffer us from stress we can't avoid. Respectively; intelligent harm avoidance, stoicism/hormesis, cooperation/safety - all seem pretty important for survival in a real world system.

So yes, fight the megalithic structures working to put X100G in your toddler's crib room. However, also fight the structures working to keep neighborhoods populations churning and rotating out every couple decades, making it impossible for deep communities to evolve and buffer individuals from said stress.

So in summation, many different large empires over the millennia have crumbled for hundreds of different reasons. The one commonality is that they seem to emit corruption and social decay when at the peak of mass. So yes, I'd say thousands of different soft factors could easily be exerting this effect on the 50-fold increase in autism, in addition to all the easily quantified hard factors. I would say that the fact that honest researchers can't find a universal common cause would be a pretty good additional indicator that this may be the situation.

Last edited:

Cirion

In Western countries, commute times have been consistently going up for years, along with stress by measured heart rate, # of traffic jams,

I think this is a very under-estimated stressor that affects you more than you might think. This is one of many reasons a book I read (a financial book) said that one thing you need to do is live very close to work, and ideally within bicycling range, so basically a mile or two tops. Not only does this save time and time=money, but he also correctly notes that health also=money, without your health, you can't make money (or in this case, more money).

It also doesn't help that cars are one of the highest EMF sources you will ever be close to every day, and often for upwards of an hr a day or more. Even if you were next to zero emf the rest of the day, your car can single handedly push you into unacceptably high levels every day all on its own on an average basis.

I'm definitely burned out on the Western lifestyle. I am planning to likely retire at age 40 and live a super low stress lifestyle on the beach somewhere. I don't think the Western lifestyle is conducive to living long and healthy.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals