Hello!

Beebop

Hi,

I found Ray Peat's work through a link in the comments on the WAPF website. Mind shortly afterwards blown. Peat answered my many questions about PUFAs that had been accumulating since I discovered years before that they were anti-thyroid and anti-immune.

I always found it confusing that, although they were clearly toxic, natural health advocates still promoted them - did I need to take maybe a tiny amount, and if so how much?

I'm very glad that RP's writings have cleared up that confusion (at least for now...)

I have questions so I'll see you in the other threads :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Beebop,, welcome to the forum!

Do you remember where you found the info that PUFA's were anti-thyroid? I think that is pretty awesome you were able to find it!

And yes, my mind still continues to be blown! :lol:

OP
Beebop

Beebop

This was back in 2004 and I found several articles shortly after I was diagnosed with Hashi's - it was the first thing I found in my internet searches.

Some of the articles were about coconut oil primarily. I think some were Mary Enig.

Funnily enough, although I only 'found' Ray Peat last year (2012), the other day on the forums I came across a Ray Peat quote that I instantly recognised as from an article on PUFA I had read back in 2004. The quote was about the value of walnut oil for painting, but how he would always wash his hands after touching it. Such a strong image that I've carried around since then.

So it took me some time before offically 'finding' Peat. And I've taken many routes to try to create better health in the meantime.

I'm going to see if I can find those other articles, because I printed most of them out...

OP
Beebop

Beebop

And a belated thanks for the welcome Charlie!

OP
Beebop

Beebop

Ray Peat:
"I use some of these oils (walnut oil is very nice, but safflower oil is cheaper) for oil painting, but I am careful to wash my hands thoroughly after I touch them, because they can be absorbed through the skin."
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/un ... oils.shtml

Of the articles I found back then and kept, one is the Mary Shomon interview of Ray Peat, and the other is
"Mary Enig and Sally Fallon: The truth about Saturated Fat"
http://coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats/

Shortly afterwards, I bought 'The Cholesterol Myths' by Uffe Ravnskoff.

Some of the other things I printed out at the time include anti-dairy and anti-sugar articles. So, swings and roundabouts ;)

OP
Beebop

Beebop

Hi biggirlkiss!

Thanks for reminding me about red light (via your website). I haven't added that to my life yet. One step at a time. I was concerned about electricity bills, but if LED's are good then maybe I'll be ok!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
biggirlkiss said:
It's very nice to meet you Beebop. Good luck to you in your healing journey.

Oh shuddup and come give me some of that biggirlkiss love! nomnomnomnomnom......... :rolling

OP
Beebop

Beebop

Hi I've been gone a while and was about to post a question in the 'ask for help' but thought I'd post here too to say hello!

Things are going well for me mostly, I stopped commenting on the forum because I was 'full up'. But since then I've carried on reading, researching health, peating. experimenting, and getting on with life.

You might be interested to know that I have since then had a baby so I have some experience Peating while pregnant.

I'm currently re-reading his book from PMS to Menopause, which I highly recommend if you haven't read it.

I don't know if I'll become a regular commenter again as life is quite full at the moment, but I will at least be lurking from time to time!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome back and congratulations on having a baby.

4peatssake

Beebop said:
Hi I've been gone a while and was about to post a question in the 'ask for help' but thought I'd post here too to say hello!

Things are going well for me mostly, I stopped commenting on the forum because I was 'full up'. But since then I've carried on reading, researching health, peating. experimenting, and getting on with life.

You might be interested to know that I have since then had a baby so I have some experience Peating while pregnant.

I'm currently re-reading his book from PMS to Menopause, which I highly recommend if you haven't read it.

I don't know if I'll become a regular commenter again as life is quite full at the moment, but I will at least be lurking from time to time!
Beebop! :grouphug

:welcome2 back and congratulations on your baby! Girl or boy?

So great to see you here again.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey Beebop it's good to see you! :wavingyellow Congratulations!