Hello Everyone!

Cathi

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I found this forum searching RP info on the web. I am 62 years young and had breast cancer 30 years ago. Of course, that motivated me to search for answers and that is how I found RP back in 2001. I read his books and did some sessions with him via phone. His research regarding fats, estrogen/progesterone have served me well over the years but I am now returning to it in order to apply it more fully in my life.

I see the bigger picture of health and well-being at this point in life, rather than being lasered in on "not getting cancer again". I have learned that health and homeostasis is not simply the absence of cancer. Getting beyond the fear of cancer and the way it skewed my perspective was life-changing for me even though it took me so long to get there.

I am so happy that there are so many on this journey and I am thrilled and thankful to be able to jump back in with you all...to have a community to learn from and grow with is wonderful. Thank you for the opportunity! Cathi

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hello Cathi! Welcome to the forum! :bluewave

I hope you do not mind, I gave you your own thread because I was so excited someone finally introduced themselves in this section. :lol:

Cathi said:
I am so happy that there are so many on this journey and I am thrilled and thankful to be able to jump back in with you all...to have a community to learn from and grow with is wonderful. Thank you for the opportunity! Cathi

And we are very happy to have you here! It does feel great to have other people to turn to who are traveling the same path. There is no one around me in my every day life that I can talk to about this cause they think I am "crazy" with all my "health" stuff. So, it really does make it nice to have a place to go to.

JDW

Hi Cathy,

I am new, too (only a few weeks old in forum life :D ).

Congrats on beating cancer and surviving the medical establishment. If you've been following Peat (even if loosely) since 2001 I bet you have A LOT to share with the group and I look forward to learning from you.

Welcome!

pranarupa

Hi Cathi, I think everyone here is probably well aware that the cancer problem is a metabolism problem and optimising metabolism will do so much more than just cure cancer, it will optimise human function in every respect, optimally functioning people will not put up with the current authoritarian corporate insanity.

welcome to the forum.

Ray-Z

kettlebell said:
Welcome down the rabbit hole!

AHA! Now I know why I'm eating all these carrots! ;)

But seriously, welcome, Cathi and Pranarupa.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
R

ratcheer

Nice to meet you! I'm sure your experience and perspective will be a real asset here!

OP
C

Cathi

Thank you so much everyone for your kind responses and making me feel so welcome. I can see I am at the right place, for sure! No, Charlie, I didn't mind at all about giving me my own thread.

In surviving the medical establishment, I do feel so fortunate. Thirty years ago, the cancer mentality was so different. Because it was much rarer, and pharma not making the dollars they do now, the treatment different. I was fortunate to have a doc that did a simple mastectomy with no radiation/chemo (to do further damage) because it wasn't considered necessary if surgery removed it all. We caught it early and that was that. Interesting to me....all the other breast cancer long term survivors (25 years and over) I found, had exactly the same procedure..surgery only.

I avoided ionizing radiation (mammography) and then tried everything I could find that might help. Not much good info out at that time. I credit RP's research on avoiding PUFA's and adding coconut oil (which was so hard to find even 10 years ago) and steering clear of estrogen, for keeping me going.

I see know that more than that is necessary to counter the current assault against our health. And I, like so many others, are happy to have help putting the pieces together.

You know about that 95/5 percent rule... the mass mentality of the 95%, and the thinking for themselves seekers- 5%.
I feel fortunate to have found this 5% group!!
Cathi

J

j.

Cathi said:
You know about that 95/5 percent rule... the mass mentality of the 95%, and the thinking for themselves seekers- 5%.
I feel fortunate to have found this 5% group!!
Cathi

I agree with your entire post, though I'd be surprised if the fortunate/thinking group reaches 0,1%.

AnnB

Welcome Cathi,

And...... who would have known I was/we were in such an elite group. Ha!

Actually, it is always a surprise when I realize most people don't consider searching for answers themselves.....And even met one today who didn't know the name of the thyroid she'd been prescribed. Maybe she will now with that little embarrassment. of ignorance. Maybe not.