Hello Everyone!

Mage

Hey guys! It's a pleasure to finally join this forum and meet you all! I've beeen lurking around for ages, listened to pretty much every Danny Roddy's podcast with haidut and, of course, I've read almost every article at Dr. Peat's website, I really like the intelligent and well educated minds that we have here, so I'm very eager to stay, learn and perhabs even add value to the community!

A quick introduction about me: I'm a 21 y/o student and a health enthusiast. I'm interested, as many of you are, about researching and learning about nutrition and optimal human health on my own, I'm a huge fan of self experimenting and tried a lot of stuff until I've found Peat's work and it has really blown my mind!! I really think metabolic and hormonal optimization are one of the best things one can do to achieve a good health, so currently I'm following a Peat inspired (except for some starch) diet and it works wonders!! I feel hot and awesome since starting it 2 months ago and I can't wait to share my blood tests after a few more months of "Peating", compare them with my old blood tests and share with you all.

Oh, and a really quick question, is too much calcium a problem (as long as the Ca : Po) ratio is good)? I've been consuming 3000+mg a day as I've really been counting on skim milk for the majority of my daily (120~140g) protein intake (should I supplement vitamin D and K along with it? I do consume small amounts of liver daily (although it's chicken liver... can't find any realiable sources of beef liver where I live)).

Well, I guess that's it, hope to hear from you all soon!!

Xisca

Hi Mage, at least I welcome you here and say hello!
Which country do you live in?

Your questions qre not my specialty, but Calcium has to go with phosphorus, which is too much in meat, thus the interest of eating bone (!) and dairy....
Also has to go with Magnesium.
For vitD, it depends on the time you spend in the sun and the latitude, so you have to supplement probably part of the year.

follow your appetite urge for meat, and add gelatine or gelatinous and bony cuts!

OP
Mage

Mage

Hey Xisca! Thanks for replying!!

I'm from Brazil! It's a pleasure to meet you!

So, I'm making sure to get enough k2, magnesium and D along with a Po:Ca of 2 or under (usually 1.5 or so). I wanted to know what happens long-term if one consumes a lot of Ca (like the Masai, 5000mg or so). I know that that PTH stays low and this, along with K2, D and Mag, help in preventing calcification of soft tissues and arteries, but where would all of this calcium go? I mean, our bones can only accumulate so much calcium as far as I know, and I don't know if our kidneys can eliminate this much..

I really like skim milk and it's an amazing source of protein, almost devoid of PUFA, but I'm quite afraid of going over the Calcium RDA and I don't even know the real reason why haha, I know a lot of people here are consuming a lot of calcium, but I wanted to know how can we maintain a calcium balance to be at ease about drinking even more milk.

Maybe @haidut can help me on this one?

Back
Top Bottom