Heavy metals found in orange juice

MrCornect

Hi guys I currently drink about 3 quarts of juice a day for the past couple months now feel absolutely amazing. This is my carb source as well as some added refined sugar from time to time. I cant tolerate dairy thats why I drink so much juice.

im just concerned about the heavy metal content in the juice after reading some studies they found high levels of lead arsenic and other toxic metals at alarming levels. Is anyone else here concerned/ know the best source of juice? I cant afford to juice oranges. This is really frustrating and disappointing to say the least.

thanks

Missenger

Consumer Reports isn't a study (for all you know they could be lying when they do not provide any specific proof for their claims), any packaged food is suspect for poisonous additives.

L

Lord Cola

Ray Peat recommends frozen orange juice concentrate when ripe oranges aren't available.

He said that, for a while in the past, manufacturers used to dissolve pulp in the concentrate using enzymes, and this dissolved pulp caused the concentrate to be gut irritating, but they later stopped doing this. He said juice with dissolved pulp left a gummy residue on the glass, so that is one way to check if the concentrate has pulp dissolved in it. But I suspect this is not a foolproof way to check.

K

Kayaker

Ray Peat recommends frozen orange juice concentrate when ripe oranges aren't available.

He said that, for a while in the past, manufacturers used to dissolve pulp in the concentrate using enzymes, and this dissolved pulp caused the concentrate to be gut irritating, but they later stopped doing this. He said juice with dissolved pulp left a gummy residue on the glass, so that is one way to check if the concentrate has pulp dissolved in it. But I suspect this is not a foolproof way to check.
Why does Peat dislike unripe oranges to the point of drinking a frozen concentrate? I guess he refers to the ones that are sour.

Jon2547

I don't drink orange juice so it is not a problem. I get my fructose from honey, apples and grapes, all organic.

Kykeon

Why does Peat dislike unripe oranges to the point of drinking a frozen concentrate? I guess he refers to the ones that are sour.
citric acid content and fruits in general having inflammatory properties when they are unripe to protect the seed. if animals eat the fruits before the seeds are formed then the purpose of spreading the seed is destroyed, therefore the incentive of the plant to have slightly toxic materials to ward off being eaten early.

ray says that citric acid has its place in the organism, but that it is made inside the cell and acts as stressor when it is outside of the cell.

Last edited:
Many juices also contain synthetic flavor packs which manufacturers do not need to report in ingredient lists, also.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals