Heated Honey Is Dangerous

boris

Ayurveda also says that meat makes you sick and steals energy from you :rolleyes:.

@B-styles
I have to take back my snarky remark :D. This would actually make sense since a diet high in musclemeat would result in serotonin excess through tryptophan content and lower the metabolism. Ayurveda was definitely on to something.

boris

I think it was something about how heat damages the trace amino acids that are in honey and makes them toxic or something along those lines.

Just listened the interview. He said pasteurization temperatures are no problem for honey, only when it get close to cooking temperature it gets toxic.

His warning was specifically about maple syrup which apparently goes through a process of high temperature dehydration to make the naturally thin sap more concentrated and syrupy.

-

He specifically said the problem is in heating sugar in the presence of amino acids, which produces toxic „brown“ stuff.
Sooooo does that mean that making meats with sugary marinade is a no no :(?

ExCarniv

Just listened the interview. He said pasteurization temperatures are no problem for honey, only when it get close to cooking temperature it gets toxic.

His warning was specifically about maple syrup which apparently goes through a process of high temperature dehydration to make the naturally thin sap more concentrated and syrupy.

-

He specifically said the problem is in heating sugar in the presence of amino acids, which produces toxic „brown“ stuff.
Sooooo does that mean that making meats with sugary marinade is a no no :(?

But he heats sugar with aminoacids when make gelatin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals