Heart Rate Of 48 Bpm? Low Or Normal

Ella

Forum Supporter
I would stop the exercise, and eat a good whole foods diet including liver and shellfish. Yes you need to check the electrical conduction of the heart is intact. Are you getting plenty electrolytes? Are you dehydrated?

Make sure your diet is replete with potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium all nicely balanced. For heart; make sure you are in a copper replete state - can't say it enough.

Please think good diet first before jumping to supplementation. You will do more damage. Think food first. Increase your carbs and sugar and test pulse 30 minutes after a meal. If metabolism is intact, you should see a rise in both temps and pulse rate. If high stress hormones you will see decrease.

Go, and go promptly, to get a careful physician evaluation. If there is no major heart rhythm, metabolic, or neuro-immune disturbance, you can tune up the metabolic supports in a more leisurely way. Sometimes a major physician visit function is to rule out ominous possibilities. And yes, baseline thyroid function testing is part of an evaluation.

Yes I would take aguilaroja advice and go promptly. Get an ultrasound scan to make sure the heart is OK. Thyroid function is mandatory.

As you age HR does drop. I am 45 now. I have always played sport, but i don't do any training as such. J

This is not true, I am much older than you and my pulse stays around 85. If I don't eat properly and skip meals and restrict calories my pulse rate comes down. I only eat according to my pulse rate; this is my gauge on how much calories my body needs. I know people in their 20s with pulse low 60s and below. Once you get them eating as they should it comes up. It is lack of food and dehydration and lack of electrolytes.

Why is it that old people living in hot climates are more likely to need pacemakers along with athletes? Perhaps it may have to do with the profuse sweating they do, losing electrolytes through sweat and dehydration!!!! Old people are also placed on sodium-fluid restricted regimes - which makes a lot sense????

tara

Bradycardia - Wikipedia
Yes i feel like crap low energy low libido depressed unable to focus

Think i should go see my doctor

I agree with you and aguilaroja and Ella - I'd say get a dr to check out for major issues including heart and thyroid hormones and other possible causes. (Some drs might say heartrate like that shows you are well trained. But I wouldn't buy it - feeling crappy low energy etc is a sign that it is not good.) Heart is not something to muck around with and hope for the best - get some real information about what's going on, soon.

OP
thms

thms

Bradycardia - Wikipedia

I agree with you and aguilaroja and Ella - I'd say get a dr to check out for major issues including heart and thyroid hormones and other possible causes. (Some drs might say heartrate like that shows you are well trained. But I wouldn't buy it - feeling crappy low energy etc is a sign that it is not good.) Heart is not something to muck around with and hope for the best - get some real information about what's going on, soon.
Thank you.

Been to the doctor multiple times and they saw too that i have a low resting heartrate.

Because i have a musculair built they always assume it is because "you work out a lot"

it is not that i am running on the threadmill for miles. Only low rep work, slight raise of heartrate.

this morning tried to raise heart rate, comsumed couple of spoons of cane sugar, 1 energy drink and 0,5 tab aspirin.

heart rate was 63 bpm at 8 o clock. at 10.30 my heart rate dropped again to 47 bpm.....

any help is welcome, will go see doctor again but dont know what to tell anymore.

Thank you all

sladerunner69

That is very very low. Are you an endurance athlete or have you done a lot of cardio training?

Is that a picture of you in your profile or not? If you have a bodybuidlers physique like that then I assume you have been doing very long workouts which could ahve killed your metabolism.

EIRE24

That is very very low. Are you an endurance athlete or have you done a lot of cardio training?

Is that a picture of you in your profile or not? If you have a bodybuidlers physique like that then I assume you have been doing very long workouts which could ahve killed your metabolism.
I'm pretty sure that's a famous bodybuilder in his profile picture

OP
thms

thms

i have never done any form / kind of endurance training in my life, never even ran on a threadmill or something like that.

only thing i do is weights low reps, medium volume sometimes 5 times a week, workout duration 1,5 h

the profile picture is steeve reeves a bodybuilding legend, i have a similar physique, a little higher bodyfat, i weigh in at 95 kgs on 12% bodyfat and 181 cm....

just measured again after 2 cups of coffee with sugar and 1 redbull, heart rate is at 54 right now

Mito

BP monitor, and yes, that's resting.
Have you ever tried measuring your resting heart rate with a Fitbit? I find that by resting heart rate varies a lot during the day. But the Fitbit estimates resting heart rate by measuring it all day long and all night long (it does not use sleeping heartrate). It takes into account if you've taken any steps recently and your heart rate just before falling asleep. I find my "resting" heart rate during the day in the 80's just by observing my Fitbit heart rate after siting for 15-20 min or do. But my Fitbit always calculates my resting heart rate to be in the mid 60's. Seems like the way the Fitbit does it is much more accurate than say a BP monitor.

OP
thms

thms

Have you ever tried measuring your resting heart rate with a Fitbit? I find that by resting heart rate varies a lot during the day. But the Fitbit estimates resting heart rate by measuring it all day long and all night long (it does not use sleeping heartrate). It takes into account if you've taken any steps recently and your heart rate just before falling asleep. I find my "resting" heart rate during the day in the 80's just by observing my Fitbit heart rate after siting for 15-20 min or do. But my Fitbit always calculates my resting heart rate to be in the mid 60's. Seems like the way the Fitbit does it is much more accurate than say a BP monitor.
wich fitbit do you reccomend?

i am going to try one and post the results here

Ella

Forum Supporter
You need heaps more calories for your height and build. If you are low metabolic; heart rate can take some time to come up. Blokes need more calories than females and I am way older than you and don't even exercise. My body would just flat out refused to anything if I was eating your restricted regime of foods. You need to be eating heaps. I would be careful with the coffee because you really need to be in a calorie and nutrient replete state. Get some liver and shellfish and drink the coffee with the liver with plenty of milk and sugar.

Make sure that you are well hydrated and taking care that you are getting plenty of potassium and sodium.

OP
thms

thms

You need heaps more calories for your height and build. If you are low metabolic; heart rate can take some time to come up. Blokes need more calories than females and I am way older than you and don't even exercise. My body would just flat out refused to anything if I was eating your restricted regime of foods. You need to be eating heaps. I would be careful with the coffee because you really need to be in a calorie and nutrient replete state. Get some liver and shellfish and drink the coffee with the liver with plenty of milk and sugar.

Make sure that you are well hydrated and taking care that you are getting plenty of potassium and sodium.

thank you, see my diet for the day, for what it looks like i see that i get enough potassium and sodium?

do i need to eat more than this?

Attachments

• 160x230 (4).jpg
    160x230 (4).jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 160x230 (3).jpg
    160x230 (3).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 75

Ella

Forum Supporter
Are you able to swap the energy drink (4 cans ??), sugar and bananas for orange juice, melons and some leafy greens? I would pair the dairy with more fruit. What about some gelatin to improved digestion. Grated carrot, mushrooms to reduce gut inflammation and endotoxins. It may look OK on paper but how do we know how well you are absorbing nutrients. If there is inflammation, stress hormones etc you may need to be replenishing foods every 3 hours to keep blood sugars stable. You may depleting minerals rapidly, so I would not try to push the body hard but focus on conserving energy. Your body may already be trying to do this, so you must listen and try to accommodate. Liver and oysters. If you are getting all that calcium you need to also have vitamin D & K2, sunshine and good thyroid to ensure so you are absorbing properly.

Bananas unless very ripe or cooked are not ideal. Stop the exercise, concentrate on the food in bringing the pulse rate up. Is your blood pressure low also?

EIRE24

not yet, but i dont believe the milk has something to do with the low heart rate?
If get rid of the milk and do more cottage cheese or yogurt in its place. The liquid probably isn't helping. Salt the cottage cheese

OP
thms

thms

Are you able to swap the energy drink (4 cans ??), sugar and bananas for orange juice, melons and some leafy greens?
I would pair the dairy with more fruit.
What about some gelatin to improved digestion.
Grated carrot, mushrooms to reduce gut inflammation and endotoxins. It may look OK on paper but how do we know how well you are absorbing nutrients. If there is inflammation, stress hormones etc you may need to be replenishing foods every 3 hours to keep blood sugars stable. You may depleting minerals rapidly, so I would not try to push the body hard but focus on conserving energy. Your body may already be trying to do this, so you must listen and try to accommodate.
Liver and oysters. If you are getting all that calcium you need to also have vitamin D & K2, sunshine and good thyroid to ensure so you are absorbing properly.
Bananas unless very ripe or cooked are not ideal. Stop the exercise, concentrate on the food in bringing the pulse rate up. Is your blood pressure low also?

yes i am able to swap the energydrink , i thought mabeye the taurine and caffeine would increase my heartrate, dont normally drink these...

starting tomorrow on this; how does it look??

a.jpg

b.jpg

better??

OP
thms

thms

going to measure my blood pressure in a minute

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals