heart pounding after gelatin

gp3690

put gelatin in milk last night before bed and within 20 minutes my heart was pounding but at the same time I was so tired I could hardly move and fell asleep within five minutes. If this was adrenaline would I have been able to still fall asleep that fast?

OP
G

gp3690

my temps are always in the 97's, never into 98. HR is always 60-77

milk_lover

maybe it's a histamine issue or it was not digested properly. Did you make sure the gelatin was completely dissolved in hot milk?

OP
G

gp3690

so is this a bad batch of gelatin? ive used it before.. but i do usually have it with more milk and honey, this was only a little bit of milk
thanks

OP
G

gp3690

milk_lover said:
post 110218 maybe it's a histamine issue or it was not digested properly. Did you make sure the gelatin was completely dissolved in hot milk?

good point...it wasnt as dissolved as usual. i was kinda chewing it lol

Last edited by a moderator:

milk_lover

gp3690 said:
post 110219 so is this a bad batch of gelatin? ive used it before.. but i do usually have it with more milk and honey, this was only a little bit of milk
thanks
I usually consume about a tablespoon of gelatin in a big mug of hot milk (+coffee) so the particles dissolve completely hence less issues with digestion and I put plenty of sugar to balance out the proteins as cantstoppeating said above. I don't know if the batch was bad, maybe try different brands and see which one agrees with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gp3690

i have used the green can of green lakes many times and this is the first ive had this reaction. I think it was not enough milk combined with not dissolving it enough. thanks! :)

OP
G

gp3690

yes great lakes green can, been using for about 2 years on and off

CoolTweetPete

The green can is collagen hydrolysate which doesn't need to be dissolved because it doesn't need to be 'bloomed' like the red can. Just make sure you're mixing it well, but it should mix with warm or cold liquid.

Not sure what may have caused your digestive distress, then. Maybe try another brand as mentioned.

D

Derek

The green can is hydrolyzed. It doesn't need to be dissolved, it can be put in any liquid and should mix very well. It's predigested so shouldn't have anything to do with it being undigested either. I think the reaction was caused by endotoxin, or possibly free glutamate.

OP
G

gp3690

ive also had trouble dissolving the gelatin. it is always very clumpy even though it says its supposed to dissolve.

tara

I think some people have said that even with the hydrolysate, dissolving in hot liquid improved digestibility for them.
I'm with the others above who suggest trying more milk and sugars with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals