Heart Palpitations And Left-sided Shooting Chest Pains

I should have probably looked closer at peat's recommendations for emodin/cascara dosing.
I took lapodin for like five days in a row. I started to get heart palpitations and left sided chest pain. Since it's not in the center of my chest and crushing I assumed it might not be cardiac.

Basically I'm getting these shooting pains/zap feelings left side of chest and some feeling of heart palpitation.

I can't tell if it's really strong gas combined with muscle pains and I hope it's not cardiac. i didn't exceed the recommended dose of lapodin daily but shouldn't have taken it every day.

Luckytype

Left side pain is referral from the heart. It can be down the arm, ribs, and can even sometimes refer into the back and neck/jaw.

Typically its not a zap though like you describe.

OP
energyandstruct
Left side pain is referral from the heart. It can be down the arm, ribs, and can even sometimes refer into the back and neck/jaw.

Typically its not a zap though like you describe.
yeah i'd heard that shooting pains are more often muscle stuff than heart stuff, I thought heart attack pain was usually center and crushing

these aren't that painful just weird and uncomfortable

Luckytype

When my thyroid levels got extremely low I would sometimes have delayed beats followed by a heavier thud. I thought it was anxiety at first because of the sensation in the stomachish area it gives.

I had no symptoms other than the thud, BP measured on my own sphygmo, no light headed, nothing at all.

What are the palpitations like? And is your HR otherwise normal?

ddjd

I've had those left side shooting pains. Take natural Progesterone and Pregnenolone. Also Vitamin A with zinc really helped

Constatine

I get these symptoms from any quinone related substance (in a moderate dose): emodin, lapachone, vitamin k, CoQ10, etc. I think it overstimulates the heart. Doesn't seem dangerous but its very uncomfortable.

OP
energyandstruct
I get these symptoms from any quinone related substance (in a moderate dose): emodin, lapachone, vitamin k, CoQ10, etc. I think it overstimulates the heart. Doesn't seem dangerous but its very uncomfortable.
It's interesting because at first I just got this spasmodic, overstimulated feeling in the gut, and then i started to get it in the chest. I'm not going to the ER or anything, I just will use lapodin more infrequently-- (this wasn't a problem with the first use but only with the fifth).

the cypro helped and I was able to get to sleep

blueorca

Same. Just got this feeling from taking k1 and k2

I'm curious about the delayed beats with a heavier thud too.

I've gotten those and they seem to be random or stomach related. For example, after eating or filling up my stomach with too much liquid or etc., sometimes if I sit a certain way/posture it accentuates the gut/chest area and causes the palpitations seemingly (or maybe it is also partly psychosomatic between thyroid and stress/body sensations brought on in some way through this).

With more time between eating or with eating less they seem to come less, but still sometimes appear at random every few days or so. Sometimes I even think stress can induce them, along with diet and timing, like a bad combo.

What I wonder is how much this is related to thyroid/energy and how that could explain why other people may never get them. When I ran on adrenaline, caffeine and PUFA I would shovel down endless food and never get them -- now I lately get them since being more Peat-conscious.

I've also heard hiatal hernias can affect the heart too indirectly with posture, vagus nerve and some electric displacement/charge in the body from such, causing stinging like feelings and also the palpitations too.

Last edited:

SOMO

IMO you should never feel or hear your heart beat except when:
-High dose stimulants
-Exercise

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals