Hearing Loss - Is There A Fix?

Motif

Anybody ever heard that people improved hearing loss? I mean from aging or loud music/noise?

sweetpeat

I've read that there have been studies done on rodents showing that taurine can be helpful. I don't know if there have been human studies. Might be something to look into.

jaminhealth

I blame Grape Seed Extract for my sharp hearing and I'm 81. Been taking it 25 yrs soon.

OP
M

Motif

I've read that there have been studies done on rodents showing that taurine can be helpful. I don't know if there have been human studies. Might be something to look into.

I mean a lot of people take taurine. If there’s any proof that it helps I would try it for that too

OP
M

Motif

Massage Pressure Therapy (MPT) as the name suggests is a therapy involving the massage of outer ear to stimulate the inner ear resulting in enhanced hearing. Nerve cells in the cochlea are responsible for converting the vibrations received from the middle ear into impulses that are then sent to the brain.“

You think this might work?
What about vibration therapy used around the ears? Could this have positive effects?

akgrrrl

As a former Health and Safety contractor for State and Federal workers, I set about researching this years ago.
We learned about hearing loss due to low decibels sound one hundred years ago when railroaders began to suffer. When loud music at concerts came about, there were warnings...however that didnt pan out. Evidence showed that hearing loss from highpitch decibels, our ears recovered somewhat, but NOT from low decibels. Now, doesnt that just make you wonder what "music" industries and electrinics manufacturers were up to, when 24track uber-clear audio was achieved, suddenly the trend to primitive 4track thumping bass repetitive chanting recording became the reality? Hmmmm who has stock in hearing aid technology?