Some of the altitudes for cities in France:

Limoges 283m
Paris 87m

Nancy 230m
Roanne 459m

Lisieux 144m
Chaumont 369m

A foot is about 3.2 X 1m...
No real high altitudes in France. But lots of good fruit and other food. And enough sun in some places..

OP
B

Birdie

Rachel said:
Here's the average altitude of a few Mexican cities: Cuernavaca 7,218 ft Oaxaca 5,102 ft Guanajuato 6,583 ft Guadalajara 5,200 ft Morelia 6,496 ft

Thanks, Rachel. Good altitudes. And Mexico City is 2,240m/7,350ft. I wonder about fruit availability in these high altitude cities. Mexico is worth looking into.

I was reading that the food is reasonable in Costa Rica, unless you want anything imported. That government charges 70% on all imported food.

kettlebell

Shall we all chip in and buy a massive mansion in mexico city and move there and create a "Ray Peat" community. :lol:

J

j.

kettlebell said:
Shall we all chip in and buy a massive mansion in mexico city and move there and create a "Ray Peat" community. :lol:

i'd think a good amount of peat followers would be individualists. i haven't seen a Peating hippie yet.

kiran

j. said:
kettlebell said:

i'd think a good amount of peat followers would be individualists. i haven't seen a Peating hippie yet.

Ok, what's a hippie exactly. I don't think I've seen a good definition of it.

kiran

kettlebell said:
Hmm, fascinating idea. Perhaps it might be some sort of a time share. Throw in a cook, and that would make it a pretty awesome place to recuperate from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Count me in! No really!

J

j.

For those guys looking for sex, remember that there won't be much estrogen in the community, so the pleasure-starved women with unlimited appetite for sex probably won't be around.

I've opened a new thread about this some days ago. After a long research, I figured out the best places are the ones I list in the thread (IMO, of course), and Ray thinks these are among the best as well. Latitude, safety, altitude, fruit/food access and culture are the main things to look for.

Vita3

I live in Europe, so I would look a place somewhere here.

I've asked Ray sometime ago, he said somewhere south of Europe.

T

tobieagle

Moving to a small, southern country where the decay of society is not as advanced as in Europe or the US is probably a good idea.
Unfortunetely not a permanent one.

encerent

Danny Roddy moved to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Pleasant, safe, warm, and HIGH (6200 ft) place.

Ideonaut

I'd be interested! Maybe somewhere in the SW US? A person can be an individualist and still partake of the advantages of community.

Ideonaut

The problem with Mexico City is the nasty pollution! Other than that Mexico City is awesome.
Yeah, I remember reading in the 90s about the "fecal snow" in Mexico city: the pigs ***t in the streets, it dries up in the heat and the wind blows it around. Doesn't sound very Peaty.

Sunrise

Where's the link please :).
I've opened a new thread about this some days ago. After a long research, I figured out the best places are the ones I list in the thread (IMO, of course), and Ray thinks these are among the best as well. Latitude, safety, altitude, fruit/food access and culture are the main things to look for.

OP
B

Birdie

Where's the link please :).
Here is a place where he made comments. I just copied the thread title here.
Moving To The Tropics

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals