Healthy Game of Good, Better, and Best

Endew57

Let's play a game of good, better, and best! I'm sure we can help a lot of people!
Good
Veggies
Sprints
Heavy Weights
Gelatin
K2
Milk
Red Bull
Vitamin D3
Sunlight
Epsom Salt

Better
Vitamin E
Coffee
Fruits
Asprin
Walking
Art
Salt

Best
Breath Holds
Deep Breathing
Religion
Carbs

Ben.

Good
Glycine/Collagen
K2-MK4
Milk
Vitamin C

Better
Fruits
Meditation
Organ Meats
Slow but long Breathing

Best
Sense of Community/Tribe life
Pesticide free/Herbicide free/gmo free/soy free/hormone free/plastic free/grassfed whole foods (yes i like my veggies and fish grassfed)
Sunlight
Movement (Any realy, but the best kind is walking and swimming)

rr1

Good
- Coffee
- Red Light
- Vitamin K2
- Vitamin D (winter)
- Lowering Iron through coffee or aspirin when consuming Iron
- Improving Insulin sensitivity
- Aspirin

Better
- Diet (Raw Milk - Goat milk in my case, Ripe Organic Fruits, Liver/Oysters once per week, Eggs, Cheese, Cooked Vegetables, Fruits Juices, Coke, Rice, Potatoes, Beef, Cod/Sole, Maple Syrup on everything, Salt, Fish Soup, Bone Broth, Coconut Oil, Honey, Sourdough Bread with a good liver parfait is a treat, Hot Cocoa)
- Some low/moderate cardio (walking/swimming/light weight training/parkour), to the point where if you stop exercising your breath instantly goes back to normal and you don't feel fatigued
- Earthing (underrated)
- Optimising Gut Health (Eliminating Gut bacteria and speeding up bowel movements)
- Good sleep times and habits

Best
- Good Environment (Great Relationships, Enjoyable Career, Clean Water, Sunlight, Life Purpose)
- Thyroid
- Lowering Estrogen
- Lowering Serotonin
- Lowering Nitric Oxide
- Increasing CO2
- Optimising Hormones
- Avoiding Stress

Endew

Good
Glycine/Collagen
K2-MK4
Milk
Vitamin C

Better
Fruits
Meditation
Organ Meats
Slow but long Breathing

Best
Sense of Community/Tribe life
Pesticide free/Herbicide free/gmo free/soy free/hormone free/plastic free/grassfed whole foods (yes i like my veggies and fish grassfed)
Sunlight
Movement (Any realy, but the best kind is walking and swimming)
Do you do slow long breathing as an exercise or do you try to be conscious of it throughout the day?

Ben.

Do you do slow long breathing as an exercise or do you try to be conscious of it throughout the day?

I do it as an excercise whenever i notice that my body is in a stressed state. Policemen and Firefighters do this before they go into an stressfull situation.
They use holds between the inhale and exhale but i personally find it better to just slowly breath in 5-6 seconds in and 4-5 seconds out to be way more calming. Imagine a baby breathing while it sleeps. The Breath hold (on the inhale) somehow immeadiatly gets my heart beating faster. Feels unpleasant.

Troughout the day i just try to be conscious of how good my breathing works on that day, and if its not good i try to do as much conscious lateral/diaphragma breathing as often as i can that day. If nothing else helps due to some phsycal muscle/fascia restriction, some abdominal massages with an hard massage ball can take care of it.

rr1

I do it as an excercise whenever i notice that my body is in a stressed state. Policemen and Firefighters do this before they go into an stressfull situation.
They use holds between the inhale and exhale but i personally find it better to just slowly breath in 5-6 seconds in and 4-5 seconds out to be way more calming. Imagine a baby breathing while it sleeps. The Breath hold (on the inhale) somehow immeadiatly gets my heart beating faster. Feels unpleasant.

Troughout the day i just try to be conscious of how good my breathing works on that day, and if its not good i try to do as much conscious lateral/diaphragma breathing as often as i can that day. If nothing else helps due to some phsycal muscle/fascia restriction, some abdominal massages with an hard massage ball can take care of it.
Is there a reason for the longer inhalation than exhalation? Or just that it feels comfortable for you?

I remember reading a few posts here that say you want to control both inhalation and exhalation, so that they are relatively slow (no need to make it a point to inhale as short as possible, otherwise you might reach hypoxia), but the exhalation should be longer.

Ben.

Is there a reason for the longer inhalation than exhalation? Or just that it feels comfortable for you?

I remember reading a few posts here that say you want to control both inhalation and exhalation, so that they are relatively slow (no need to make it a point to inhale as short as possible, otherwise you might reach hypoxia), but the exhalation should be longer.

Mhh to be honest there wasn't to much thought put into this, it just feels natural and comfortable that way. I said it somewhere else but my exhale is a little faster than my inhale tho. Especially the initial release of the air is faster on the xhale. Like a dam that is finally releasing the water it held.
Faster initial exhale immediatly followed by a steady slower stream of airflow during exhalation.

I basicly went with the sensational feeling i get behind my head (parasympathic acitvation, vagus nerve probably) running down my neck, releasing tension in the traps. And i only get this with calm, slow breathing. Not holds.

For me it just felt/sounded logical that the exhale should or could be shorter because we rarely, atleast in passive (unconsious) breathing we almost never fully blow out all air in the lungs. If you did this before you know how that feels like. Like a plastic bag having all its air sucked out.

And btw with slow i dont mean short. Short breaths are doing the opposite, that is activating the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight, stress response). Hyperventilation basicly. Breath holds do that too ... i actually passed out on inhale holds 3-4 times while trying to do wim hof breathing ... yeah not doing that again. As i said, holds on the inhale get my heart pumping too (could be an indicator of something, i know)

Edit: Didnt mean to derail the thread with Offtopic, sorry.

Last edited:

Endew

Dylan do you have a good, better and best?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals