Healthiest Body Shape For Females

Aymen

just curious, which is the healthiest body shape for females?

-hourglass
-pear
-apple
-rectangle
-round
-inverted triangle

lvysaur

slight hourglass, erring on the side of inverted triangle. In my experience these women seem the most confident and at ease with themselves.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Supposedly pear or hourglass from a mainstream medical perspective for lowered risk of metabolic syndrome and better cardiovascular health. I don’t have anything scientific to back that claim so I’d be interested to know if it’s true myself. It was what we were taught in school but I’m sure not everything we were taught was correct. I know plenty of women who seem healthy with all the different body shapes.

lvysaur

Supposedly pear or hourglass from a mainstream medical perspective for lowered risk of metabolic syndrome and better cardiovascular health.
Yeah, but it follows the same logic as high PUFA being healthy. And in fact, lower body fat stores are naturally higher in PUFA.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah, but it follows the same logic as high PUFA being healthy. And in fact, lower body fat stores are naturally higher in PUFA.
True, that’s why I’m somewhat skeptical. I’d like it to be true though since I’m hourglass-slightly pear....

OP
A

Aymen

good points, it's not a science but i hear that curvy women have higher estrogen so that's a pear shape, pear is often mistaken for hourglass and they both accumulate fat in the lower body so i don't know the hormonal difference between them and hourglass shape is rare, pear also have smaller feet and have a more pretty face, i do not know if estrogen or progesterone is what makes the face attractive (feminine facial features).
i also saw that females who have prominent cheekbones seem more balanced and have a good fat distribution.
maybe @Hans can add something here.

hiconscience

When I was on birth control high estrogen. I was way thinner, bigger breasts, curvy but tight, and I think looked healthier. but it def made me crazy:stop: unfortunately.

baccheion

good points, it's not a science but i hear that curvy women have higher estrogen so that's a pear shape, pear is often mistaken for hourglass and they both accumulate fat in the lower body so i don't know the hormonal difference between them and hourglass shape is rare, pear also have smaller feet and have a more pretty face, i do not know if estrogen or progesterone is what makes the face attractive (feminine facial features).
i also saw that females who have prominent cheekbones seem more balanced and have a good fat distribution.
maybe @Hans can add something here.
Higher estradiol:testosterone was associated with increased facial attractiveness among women.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17470218.2015.1024696

facesavant

Supposedly pear or hourglass from a mainstream medical perspective for lowered risk of metabolic syndrome and better cardiovascular health. I don’t have anything scientific to back that claim so I’d be interested to know if it’s true myself. It was what we were taught in school but I’m sure not everything we were taught was correct. I know plenty of women who seem healthy with all the different body shapes.
Here's something else I find interesting- I know three women, all about 5'8, long thin legs, normal weight with slightly more on top but not over weight basically, without a defined waist. All three had breast cancer right around age 50. I'm not so sure estrogen is dominant in pear shaped or curvy females. I'm starting to think maybe its where the estrogen stays in the tissues starting at birth. One of those lady's mom is pear shaped and has never had cancer issues. Maybe theres something there to consider too. Would love to hear thoughts.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Here's something else I find interesting- I know three women, all about 5'8, long thin legs, normal weight with slightly more on top but not over weight basically, without a defined waist. All three had breast cancer right around age 50. I'm not so sure estrogen is dominant in pear shaped or curvy females. I'm starting to think maybe its where the estrogen stays in the tissues starting at birth. One of those lady's mom is pear shaped and has never had cancer issues. Maybe theres something there to consider too. Would love to hear thoughts.
That’s super interesting. I’ve had 2 friends that had breast cancer and they were both slightly apple shaped although normal weight. I’d never really thought about that before!

kirbtown

My Grandmother who passed from breast cancer (metastisized) had both larger breasts and similiar size waist. Same with non blood related Aunt who also passed from ER breast cancer. I’ve noticed that type of shape to have higher rates of breast cancer in people I know. I could just be noticing that type of shape more as well because of my family experiences. I wonder if increased waist size usually correlates to issues with liver function and then an increase of estrogen due to the liver’s inability to flush estrogen. @Blossom any thoughts?

@Aymen I guess we would need to map/track hormonal profile against shape to determine which would be best. Based on above apple and round might be least beneficial. But this is all speculation.

Appreciate the insights!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals