Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

Lizb

Happy to help! Let me know what you think after awhile :)
I can tolerate it with a little bicarbonate of soda. I spit into a tissue not the sink.
However I'm trying this toothpaste at the moment.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I can tolerate it with a little bicarbonate of soda. I spit into a tissue not the sink.
However I'm trying this toothpaste at the moment.

That looks like a really good product! I think I am gonna give their products a try

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I thought about you @Rinse & rePeat when I did a honey mask this morning.
04929055-4D03-44DE-9756-81E13F258DEF.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My husband texted me and said “your face is as sweet as honey” while he was at work. He got honey on his nose kissing me goodbye and didn’t notice it until later.
Ha! Ha! Ha! What a sweet little story, no pun intended.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“With wheatgrass your skin cells will regenerate, which is why it's beneficial for your facial complexion. Just 1 shot daily will help to get rid of acne, eczema and discoloration. You can also apply it directly to your face.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Bad breath, or halitosis, can be embarrassing, anxiety-inducing, or in some cases even a sign of serious disease.

The shops are packed with mouthwashes, chewing gums and other remedies to help cover smelly breath. But are these just hiding the real problem? You might be surprised to know wheatgrass can help manage bad breath and eliminate the causes.

Stop Smells

Drinking wheatgrass juice can fight bad breath from within. Wheatgrass is a natural deodorant for your mouth. It's packed with chlorophyll, which absorbs odours to help eliminate the bacteria that cause bad breath.

Prevent Cavities

Streptococcus Mutans bacteria is the prime cause of teeth cavities. The antibacterial properties of wheatgrass juice destroy this bacteria, preventing cavities and supporting healthy teeth density.

Prevent Gum Disease

Wheatgrass juice helps to repair receding gums by supplying essential nutrients to the tissues between teeth. Consistent use keeps gums from retaining bacteria. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass helps neutralise the toxins that inflame gums and loosen teeth.

Whiten Teeth

Some people believe that the antibacterial properties in wheatgrass can assist in both whitening and strengthening teeth.

And the great news is, by simply swishing wheatgrass around your mouth before swallowing, not only do you help your teeth and gums, but your whole body then gets to benefit from the nutrients. What's not to love? Healthy body, healthy teeth, and a beautiful white smile.“

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I got this for free recently and really like it a lot. If anyone else has used it please let me know your thoughts.

Happycat

Gua sha is like a facial massage you do with a stone. I love it! Besides the skin benefits of increased blood and lymph flow, it's just very relaxing.

@Happycat The technique on the spots is shown at about the :45 mark in this video. This is a video for wrinkle lines in the forehead since I couldn't find the one I used for spots - but the idea is the same.

Thank you Peachy, I have never seen this technique before. Does it work by stimulating the blood to the area of discoloration?

Peachy

Thank you Peachy, I have never seen this technique before. Does it work by stimulating the blood to the area of discoloration?
Hi Happycat. I’m not sure. I saw one short video on it with no explanation (and unfortunately I can’t find it now). Blood flow is probably it!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Mangoes, like other orange fruits and vegetables, are rich in beta-carotene and provide antioxidants that may delay cell damage. A new study from researchers at the University of California, Davis, finds eating Ataulfo mangoes, also known as honey or Champagne mangoes, may have another benefit — reducing facial wrinkles in older women with fairer skin. The study was published in the journal Nutrients.

Postmenopausal women who ate a half cup of Ataulfo mangoes four times a week saw a 23 percent decrease in deep wrinkles after two months and a 20 percent decrease after four months.

“That’s a significant improvement in wrinkles,” said lead author Vivien Fam, a doctoral student in the UC Davis Department of Nutrition. But the findings are very specific and come with a caveat.

“Women who ate a cup and a half of mangoes for the same periods of time saw an increase in wrinkles. This shows that while some mango may be good for skin health, too much of it may not be,” Fam said.

Researchers said it’s unclear why consuming more mango would increase the severity of wrinkles but speculate that it may be related to a robust amount of sugar in the larger portion of mangoes.“

facesavant

A 2011 study published in the Journal of Women's Health reported, "There is strong evidence that mineral oil hydrocarbons are the greatest contaminant of the human body. The researchers removed fat specimens from 142 women who were undergoing C-sections, and collected milk samples from them post-delivery. They found that both the fat and the milk were contaminated with mineral oil saturated hydrocarbons. The authors concluded, "The increase in MOSH [mineral oil saturated hydrocarbons] concentration in human fat tissue with age suggests an accumulation over time. Cosmetics might be a relevant source of the contamination."

Dr Ray Peat affirmed the study saying, “certain components of mineral oil (which is in many cosmetics) are toxic, and any that does get into the system does not metabolize."

I have given up, one at a time, almost every store bought beauty product, and sunscreen was my first elimination. The harms of sun screen, and it blocking vitamin D absorption was convincing enough for me to make my first move, but the "rabbit study" convinced me to spend more time in the sun. The study proved that PUFA's stored in the skin makes the skin burn (and overexposure) and cause skin cancers. Being a natural blonde I was proof the study was right, because as time passed and I eliminated PUFA's my skin didn't burn anymore! I was sickened by all the damage I had done to my skin slathering on all that sunscreen, and oh my poor babies! My well intentions of trying to protect them with sunscreen and many other ill advised things, leaves me with much regret. It did always make me wonder what people did before sunscreen was invented, as they weren't dying of skin cancer. It begged the question of what other stupid things i am doing while trying be healthy, and one by one, I discovered their were lots of things! My beauty routine is minimal now and saves me SO much money. I don't go to salons for facials, hair colorings or cuts or manicures. I don't buy lotions, toners, toothpaste, exfoliators, deoderant and face masks. I am down to shampoo, conditioner and 6 cosmetics: mascara, eye shadow, eye liner, blush, face powder and lip gloss. I off-set that beauty routine by washing my hair every OTHER day and wear make-up only when I want to look like a little more. It has made tremendous difference in my anti-aging quest, with more compliments now than ever before. Below i have listed my new and improved NATURAL beauty tips and would love if we could collectively make it complete!

*Unsalted grass fed butter to remove stubborn mascara smeared under my eyes

*A fine side of a kitchen sponge to exfoliate my legs and follow it up with a little coconut oil.

*Oil pulling for white teeth

*Milk Of amagnesia for deodorant

*Coconut oil as a daily toothpaste & once a week with a small amount of baking soda

*Ice cold rinse on hair & face at the end of a warm shower for smoother & shinier hair and even toned skin

*Silk pillow case for better completion & less hair breakage

*Manuka honey face mask to dissolve dead skin & feed the skin
Thanks for these natural tips.
Interestingly, the places of where I have had skin cancer are where I've put sun screen ( my face). Using zinc formulas thinking it was safe only to find there are PUFA oils in the ingredients. I'm so bummed.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for these natural tips.
Interestingly, the places of where I have had skin cancer are where I've put sun screen ( my face). Using zinc formulas thinking it was safe only to find there are PUFA oils in the ingredients. I'm so bummed.
That is so awful! I quit using sunscreen ten years ago when I learned how bad the oils in sunscreen are. I quit using all lotions and creams then too. They are all full of PUFA’s. How ironic that I would spend good money to make my skin worse, then you keep buying it cause you think you are aging. Once I stopped using creams, lotions and soaps my skin started looking younger as time went on. I hope you have your skin cancer under control. I am bummed for you.

facesavant

That is so awful! I quit using sunscreen ten years ago when I learned how bad the oils in sunscreen are. I quit using all lotions and creams then too. They are all full of PUFA’s. How ironic that I would spend good money to make my skin worse, then you keep buying it cause you think you are aging. Once I stopped using creams, lotions and soaps my skin started looking younger as time went on. I hope you have your skin cancer under control. I am bummed for you.
What are you using instead? I'd love to get recipes for homemade skin care. Thank you

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What are you using instead? I'd love to get recipes for homemade skin care. Thank you
Lately I have been slathering on a bit of raw honey and washing it off with warm water and a wash cloth to wash my face at night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals