Healthcare Philosophy : The Limit Between Hypocondria And Justified Experimentation

HealingBoy

Hello everybody

I was wondering where Peatians put the limit between hypocondria and justified experimentation ? Shouldn't it be a right to explore your health and try to find what causes your discomforts or ailments, ideally under your doctor's supervision if needed ?

I was wondering that because as soon as you get out of the "classic traditional medecine" path, you can be easily categorized as hypocondriac. Go talk about "candida" or "adrenal insufficiency" to your doctor, and chances are that you'll probably get a reaction like "nah, this is not serious, you have nothing."
When I told about my pregnenolone use to my psychiatrist, she watched me, puzzled like "why do you even need that ? are you really playing with steroids ???"

So, what do you think about that ?
(sorry if it's not in the good section)

DaveFoster

A good doctor not only cures disease but also restores wellness. Medical school draws in competitive students in pursuit of high salaries. Dogma pervades all echelons of academia, whether in the natural sciences including medicine, as well as in the humanities. Doctors all undergo the same standardized training to fill a niche in an industry; they're tools for profit and often unaware, or, at worst, apathetic.

Good parents guide their children and support them in their exploration. Many doctors would rather you never enter the water for fear of drowning. That way, you'll never learn to swim.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom