Health Natura Vitamin K2 Questions

Logan-

This product is priced 20 dollars: https://healthnatura.com/true-k2-spectrum-mk4-mk7-1mg-10mcg-per-drop-1-2-ounce/
https://healthnatura.com/true-k2-spectrum-mk4-mk7-1mg-10mcg-per-drop-1-2-ounce/
says 1200 mg per bottle.

This product is 50 dollars, says 1200 mg per bottle:
https://healthnatura.com/true-k2-mk4-1-mg-per-drop-1-ounce/

W
hy the big difference in prices?

could you write the detailed dosage info about the first product? How much mk4, how much mk7 in total it contains...

@healthnatura

Epistrophy

All I can say is that the more expensive versions have the isolated MK7 or MK4 only and the least expensive one have the lowest mcg dose. I can only infer that isolating the vitamin K isomers can be expensive or healthnatura can offer the lower mcg dose at a lower price range.

OP
L

Logan-

that bottle is half the size

makes sense

It does not, because both bottles have the “1200 mg per bottle” statement written on them. How much MCT oil the bottles contain isn’t relevant.

Last edited:

healthnatura

This product is priced 20 dollars: True K2 Spectrum - Mk4/Mk7 1mg/10mcg per drop 1/2 ounce
says 1200 mg per bottle.

This product is 50 dollars, says 1200 mg per bottle:
https://healthnatura.com/true-k2-mk4-1-mg-per-drop-1-ounce/

W
hy the big difference in prices?

could you write the detailed dosage info about the first product? How much mk4, how much mk7 in total it contains...

@healthnatura
My apologies, The picture is wrong. The image is that of the one oz bottle not the half oz bottle. The total content is half or 600mg, not 1200.

Amazoniac

@Pedro, I've been trying to find a reliable mk-7 product for a while (liquid, but not in softgels), hopefully this is it. Thank you for offering it!
The item already arrived and it was fast (with an efficiency comparable to Jorge's), which is remarkable considering the current delays. Were you out of amber bottles for now?

- Vitamin K2 options | Health Natura

OP
L

Logan-

@Pedro, I've been trying to find a reliable mk-7 product for a while (liquid, but not in softgels), hopefully this is it. Thank you for offering it!
The item already arrived and it was fast (with an efficiency comparable to Jorge's), which is remarkable considering the current delays. Were you out of amber bottles for now?

For mk7’s effects on bones and teeth, and its longer half-life? Could you share your thoughts on the age-old mk4 vs mk7 topic? Most sources view mk4 as better for various reasons, for supplemental purposes.

Here’s a famous article: The Ultimate Vitamin K2 Resource | Chris Masterjohn, PhD

Amazoniac

For mk7’s effects on bones and teeth, and its longer half-life? Could you share your thoughts on the age-old mk4 vs mk7 topic? Most sources view mk4 as better for various reasons.

Here’s a famous article: The Ultimate Vitamin K2 Resource | Chris Masterjohn, PhD
Yes, combining them must reduce the effective dose in freeing each for the preferred functions. Mk-4 alone requires more frequent renewal and you'd need higher doses to get the same effect. People who recycle it poorly or are prone to adverse killcification probably benefit from the variety, but I rather have them available separately to avoid having to dose one off for the other to be optimal.

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

Yes, combining them must reduce the effective dose in freeing each for the preferred functions. Mk-4 alone requires more frequent renewal and you'd need higher doses to get the same effect. People who recycle it poorly or are prone to adverse killcification probably benefit from the variety, but I rather have them available separately to avoid having to dose one off for the other to be optimal.

O.k. thanks for sharing.

Zpol

@healthnatura Your MK7 is from soy which is a xenoestrogen. Are those properties removed in processing? Would this be safe for someone with estrogen dominance?

healthnatura

We have changed over to blue bottles for a number of reasons. The main one is that blue reflects more of the damaging blue light that degrades products. They are more expensive, but worth the added protection. It also is a nice complement to our brand.

healthnatura

@healthnatura Your MK7 is from soy which is a xenoestrogen. Are those properties removed in processing? Would this be safe for someone with estrogen dominance?
Our Mk7 is produced through a highly complex 17 step process using 3 stages of bacterial fermentation and 4 stages of vacuum distillation. Once we are done, there is no remaining traces of soy and no signatures that would indicate soy on the spectrographic and HPLC testing that is done on completion. Quality control testing utilizing either spectrographic or HPLC is also done after each extraction and fermentation step to ensure that the refinement step went as planned.
Summery: No soy remains in the final product.

healthnatura

Zpol

Our Mk7 is produced through a highly complex 17 step process using 3 stages of bacterial fermentation and 4 stages of vacuum distillation. Once we are done, there is no remaining traces of soy and no signatures that would indicate soy on the spectrographic and HPLC testing that is done on completion. Quality control testing utilizing either spectrographic or HPLC is also done after each extraction and fermentation step to ensure that the refinement step went as planned.
Summery: No soy remains in the final product.
Perfect! Thank you for clarifying!

Amazoniac

We have changed over to blue bottles for a number of reasons. The main one is that blue reflects more of the damaging blue light that degrades products. They are more expensive, but worth the added protection. It also is a nice complement to our brand.
Blue bottles being more protective is surprising to me. Is there anything special about them? I know that there's a careful research prior to implementing stuff in your store, so I'll assume that I'm missing something.

The reason why it's unexpect'd is because (although ultraviolent light can be reflected) the main concern in the doors is with visible light, correct? If blue is the degrading light in most cases, a bottle of this color should be reflecting it, but if it lets light pass, it would also select these wavelengths for the interior.

upload_2020-7-19_9-20-36.png

Dom Bosco Sanctuary

Reflectiveness could apply for the interior as well and make beams bounce.

In case the rest of the visible spectrum is disconsidered for being relatively inert, it would be a matter of comparing how much it and an amber glass transmits blue light. Whatever passes through amber glass, the majority must be filtered in the degrading spectrum. The material may not reflect, yet it might retain and prevent passage.

Ramón used to recommend people to apply a copper-based (brown) plastic film on windows to minimize blue (and ultraviolent) light.

There are practically no beverages of good quality that are susceptible to light degradation whose bottles are blue, it's a rare tone, we can find it being used for mineral waters. If some companies have posh tasters that can tell us 'notes' of the drink, I find it confusing how so many of them could overlook this aspect. I guess it's one of those cases where being unique could mean stepping outside of selective pressures that shaped things towards what's optimal. I remember reading that companies that use other colors for market differentiation deal with issues related to degradation, it was beer in question.

Your bottles being dark is a good sign, and the closer they is to appearing black inside, the better.
I'm not sure how concerning this is because people have to open the bottles for use, and such exposures could make considerations of this kind redundant.

What am I missing?

You hit another snail on the head in making each drop contain 50 mcg of mk-7.

Last edited: