Health Natura - Progesterone

delise176

Good morning! New member and just purchased and started using the Health Natura progesterone. Starting at 3 drops nightly, seems NO effect? Had been using prometrium 100mg capsules, I would pierce the capsules and apply about a third of the capsule vaginally. I'm using the HN drops on the gums as it seemed that was better for absorption?

I do take 0.5mg of oral estradiol. Perimenopausal. Since starting the health natura, I should have been at ovulation but now having a full menstrual shedding?? Should I continue to use the prometrium until the HN builds up? The prometrium seems to absorb (and act) instantly.

Confused and definitely feeling the effects immediately of the prometrium withdraw and apparently nothing taking its place?

Rick K

Good morning! New member and just purchased and started using the Health Natura progesterone. Starting at 3 drops nightly, seems NO effect? Had been using prometrium 100mg capsules, I would pierce the capsules and apply about a third of the capsule vaginally. I'm using the HN drops on the gums as it seemed that was better for absorption?

I do take 0.5mg of oral estradiol. Perimenopausal. Since starting the health natura, I should have been at ovulation but now having a full menstrual shedding?? Should I continue to use the prometrium until the HN builds up? The prometrium seems to absorb (and act) instantly.

Confused and definitely feeling the effects immediately of the prometrium withdraw and apparently nothing taking its place?
Progesterone

OP
D

delise176

My luteal phase estradiol number is below range. Progesterone was low normal but still in range.

Was having SEVERE mood swings and depression.. nasty periods. All gone with estradiol alone. I add progesterone forget it ..

JenLN

I never had any luck with progesterone—think it just blocked all my estradiol. You can read my posts about low-dose progesterone. You need a certain amount of estradiol to have a normal cycle. Be very careful with progesterone.

If progesterone is so great, why did it make me soo miserable? Probably because I did not have estrogen excess anyway and I became progesterone dominant very easily. And its just as bad, worse in some ways, than estrogen dominance

sweetpeat

If I'm understanding correctly, you were using 30-ish mg prometrium, then switched to 9mg (3 drops) Health Natura. This is a fairly big drop and it seems to me your body responded like it's supposed to when progesterone drops - by having a menstrual bleed. An equivalent dose of Health Natural progesterone would have been 10-11 drops. Also, for me personally, I find I have a stronger reaction to it when I take progesterone vaginally. It's my preferred method, but something to be aware of. 30mg vaginally may be a lot stronger than an equivalent oral dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals