Health / Diet Advocates

pboy

im just curious what you guys think...do you think these many, many health or diet promoters out there either selling products, making videos or infomercials, promoting products, selling books, manufacturing and selling cheap food products, nutritionists...or whatever; do you think they actually know that their whole plan is bs and it doesn't matter to them because they really just want an income at the end of the day, or do you think some of them actually think their plans work and they are following them themselves? I only ask because id say 99% of the stuff being talked about or promoted, when followed to the letter, leaves a person with various symptoms gastric distress, side effects, and not even looking or thinking about the totality of how it all fits in in the grand scheme of life. Basically what most people promote doesn't help people and might leave them highly irritated, keep people in a grocery store mentality, yet since most people don't follow the plan 100%...they always attribute the bad effects to the 10% of things they are doing that aren't promoted as being 'good'...when often times its the so called 'good' things that are actually causing issues.

Short question: Do you think most health promoters realize they are full of it, potentially hurting or irritating people and just don't care...they want the income, or do you think they actually follow completely and believe what they are doing is helping?

(btw I consider Ray's work different than these type of people...somehow his name gets wrapped in simply because food is talked about...but I consider what
he does a different thing, and a much better approach)

lexis

The gurus I followed

Dr.Mercola - says sugar is toxic and advocates taking an arginine supplement to boost circulation

Dr.Ben Kim - A bit honest.He advocates a low protein diet.He says a high protein diet will damage the kidneys

dr.benkim.com

Dr.Sears - He is a big fan of high protein diet that will 'boost your libido through the roof'.He markets himself as a guru of anti aging. His website : alsearsmd.com

Bulletproof diet - running the body entirely on grass fed butter.

paper_clips43

The diet guru I followed

Aajonus Vonderplanitz - advocates raw honey, raw milk, raw eggs, and raw meat. High Calorie.
He said that gelatin caused born deformities. He also said to never use salt.

He died about a year ago, in great health, as his balcony mysteriously collapsed and he fell to his death.

Anyway I much prefer to follow the freely given advice from Ray Peat. Just the fact that he hasn't charged a dime for any of his research makes me fully trust him. I have always thought that information should be free.

mas

I wonder if Dr. Eades and Gary Taubes eat all that meat!

When you followed Vonerplanitz, did you eat high meat (bacterially rotten)?

paper_clips43

I did eat high meat yes. I ate meat that was 6 months old and had been aired out every other day. I even have videos of me eating it as it was quite the topic amongst my friends haha. I always felt a noticeable increase in energy and never any bad side effect AFAIK. Most likely it was placebo or maybe it was good IDK.

I haven't eaten it in a long time though and don't plan too. Also right now I am not eating it because it conflicts with Ray Peat WOE. I gave the Aajonus WOE 6 full months of strict adherence so that I could really get a good understanding of what it does and that is also what I am doing with this current diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals