Headaches From Rice

Dom Selleck

I recently introduced rice into my diet to get more calories in because eating fruit alone is very expensive considering how much I would have to consume to hit my goal. Two days in I started getting a faint headache in the frontal lobe of my brain right behind my eyes. I cooked the rice with lots of butter and salt but it didn’t seem to be doing the trick. I wondering if it’s just the rice or starches in general. I don’t want to cut rice out of my diet because it’s so cost efficient and good. Does anyone know why I’m getting these headaches? Is there anything that I can do to get rid of them?

Taotatoes

Does it occur with all rice types? Most rice is rife with chemicals from farming and processing to extend shelf life, maybe switching to a organic brand would help?

Last edited:

Aaron

Could be the "lots" of butter and salt, depending on how you define lots. High fat and high glucose is fairly inflammatory, and then of course the salt will temporarily increase blood pressure. Additionally white rice has no antioxidants and little fiber to help offset any of this. Make sure to rinse it too.

Runenight201

My thoughts are because you are eating rice with no vegetables. White rice alone causes bad effects. Eaten with mushrooms, broccoli, and onions sautéed in lard and it’s a delicious dish that makes me feel great. Try it as a stir fry and see if it produces different effects.

OP
D

Dom Selleck

Does it occur with all rice types? Most rice is rife with chemicals from farming and processing to extend shelf life, maybe switching to a organic brand would help?
No I’ve only used one type. I’ll have to try an organic brand.

OP
D

Dom Selleck

Could be the "lots" of butter and salt, depending on how you define lots. High fat and high glucose is fairly inflammatory, and then of course the salt will temporarily increase blood pressure. Additionally white rice has no antioxidants and little fiber to help offset any of this. Make sure to rinse it too.
Yeah at first I was using quite a bit of both.. I did reduce the amount at one point. Didn’t seem to help though and washing didn’t help either

OP
D

Dom Selleck

Yeah at first I was using quite a bit of both.. I did reduce the amount at one point. Didn’t seem to help though and washing didn’t help either

OP
D

Dom Selleck

My thoughts are because you are eating rice with no vegetables. White rice alone causes bad effects. Eaten with mushrooms, broccoli, and onions sautéed in lard and it’s a delicious dish that makes me feel great. Try it as a stir fry and see if it produces different effects.
The first couple of days after introducing the rice into my diet I was eating broccoli along with it. I wanna say I had no headaches in the beginning.. so you might be right. I’ll have to give it another shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals