Headache When Doing Mental Task (ginkgo Biloba)

Astolfo

I took only a single tablet of gingko biloba 5 days ago (80 mg)(20 mg ginkgoglikozid). Since that day, I’m getting headaches every time when I think something a bit hard. I have never experienced something like this before.

I usually feel the pain on top front of my brain.

I searched on the internet about it but I couldn’t find anything.

Ginkgo gave me headaches when I used to take it. I don’t take it anymore. Dr. Peat doesn’t think much of it.

Why are you taking it?

For nootropic, I find galantamine, Huperizine and uridine very, very helpful.

OP
A

Astolfo

Ginkgo gave me headaches when I used to take it. I don’t take it anymore. Dr. Peat doesn’t think much of it.

Why are you taking it?

For nootropic, I find galantamine, Huperizine and uridine very, very helpful.

I'm not taking it anymore. That was only a single tablet, I was trying to get some boost for my exams. Pssd made me literally unfunctional.

The headache still persisting even after 6 day. The problem is that.

Really thanks for the suggestions by the way.

OP
A

Astolfo

I forgot to add. The pain increases when I look at to a bright scene.

Constatine

Sounds like it triggered a migraine/ cluster like headaches. Caffeine and aspirin (two of the main ingredients in the migraine medication Excedrin) help me when I get similar headaches. A week is a pretty long time but migraines can last that long.

OP
A

Astolfo

Sounds like it triggered a migraine/ cluster like headaches. Caffeine and aspirin (two of the main ingredients in the migraine medication Excedrin) help me when I get similar headaches. A week is a pretty long time but migraines can last that long.

Thanks. It's been 8 days and I'm still getting mild pains on my brain when I do a mental task. I wonder if I should go to a doctor and ask for a MRI? I'm bit worried about brain bleeding at this point.

Approximately 1 week before than day when I took gingko, I also had taken a 200 mg of aspirin. Just saying to let you know.

Constatine

Thanks. It's been 8 days and I'm still getting mild pains on my brain when I do a mental task. I wonder if I should go to a doctor and ask for a MRI? I'm bit worried about brain bleeding at this point.

Approximately 1 week before than day when I took gingko, I also had taken a 200 mg of aspirin. Just saying to let you know.
Has the pain subsided at all? I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. An MRI is a good idea IMO. Do you have any other symptoms besides pain and light sensitivity?

OP
A

Astolfo

Has the pain subsided at all? I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. An MRI is a good idea IMO. Do you have any other symptoms besides pain and light sensitivity?

Light sensitivity is gone. The pain is not constant but it’s distracting. I will definitely go to a doctor.

Last edited: