Headache from collagen and dairy. Could histamine intolerance be the cause?

M

member 14952

As the title says, I suffer from headaches. They occur whenever I eat cheese or consume collagen. When eating cheese they are paired with nasal congestion.

I read here that collagen can contain histamine from leftover meats that are cooked with it.

Every piece of advice is appreciated. I will find a doctor in the meantime

As the title says, I suffer from headaches. They occur whenever I eat cheese or consume collagen. When eating cheese they are paired with nasal congestion.

I read here that collagen can contain histamine from leftover meats that are cooked with it.

Every piece of advice is appreciated. I will find a doctor in the meantime
Collagen and cheese are high in histamines. Sounds like histamine issues to me. I use to deal with histamine intolerance for years until taking Ray Peat’s advice and use caffeine, salt and sugar when eating high histamine foods. All three are natural anti-histamines.

J

James IV

Collagen supplements are toxic, even the expensive ones. I would not consume any of them.

amd

Coffee beans are normally fermented, which increases histamine content.

Caffeine promotes the release of histamine.

J

James IV

Care to offer anything more? Upon what evidence or experience are you basing your statement?
Email your favorite collagen company and ask for the manufacturing processes used to create powdered collagen.

OP
M

member 14952

Email your favorite collagen company and ask for the manufacturing processes used to create powdered collagen.
It doesn’t sound appetising according to the articles I came across.
Getting gelatinous cuts from the butcher seems better anyways. Will do that from now on

Mito

Care to offer anything more? Upon what evidence or experience are you basing your statement?
ACC69B17-4FF7-47B6-A478-40E9B2E7DA53.png
9C5E128B-8224-4049-B31E-1BC0466ADD60.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals