Head And Joint/muscle Pain With Or Without RP Protocols

beachbum

Hi All

Has anyone had any success with this. If so what do you eat, drink, and do you exercise or supplement if any. Do you follow any regimen.

Beachbum

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hi All

Has anyone had any success with this. If so what do you eat, drink, and do you exercise or supplement if any. Do you follow any regimen.

Beachbum

So everyone is experiencing joint and muscle pain. If you had this kind of pain have you helped it and how.

kaybb

I get joint pain if I'm hypothyroid, so thyroid meds and lots of gelatin have cured it for me.
How much gelatin in a day have you taken ...at your worse? I have been diagnosed fibro. I am in constant muscle and joint pain...trying to find more info on pain relief. I take a Tb/day of gelatin.

How much gelatin in a day have you taken ...at your worse? I have been diagnosed fibro. I am in constant muscle and joint pain...trying to find more info on pain relief. I take a Tb/day of gelatin.

Hi kaybb....I don't know anything about "fibro", I take a minimum 4 Tablespoons of gelatin per day and sometimes more. I also add extra glycine, but thyroid medication (especially T3) had been helpful.

kaybb

Hi kaybb....I don't know anything about "fibro", I take a minimum 4 Tablespoons of gelatin per day and sometimes more. I also add extra glycine, but thyroid medication (especially T3) had been helpful.
Thank you for the info! I take NDT(thyroid). Glycine has been on my list also. I drink the Gelatin in OJ and even 1 TB is hard to get down. But I want try increasing it, so how do you take the gelatin?

kaybb

Hi All

Beachbum
Migraine/low level seizures are getting better. I think more sugar/fresh OJ, caffeine, light & probably carrots are helping. Still waiting for joint & muscles pain relief and full relief of the seizure activity. (Peating aprox. 9 months.)

If you read Peat's articles on serotonin and then read the list of symptoms for fibromyalgia, it's obvious serotonin is involved at a high level. I know of three good ways to reduce serotonin.
1: Take cyproheptadine and or theanine
2: Use gelatin, BCAA and other amino acids to dilute the tryptophan
3: Don't eat any tryptophan for at least a day
I use a combination of these three methods all the time and it is really effective for me. I find I can easily slip down the serotonin pathway if I don't remain vigilant, especially when drinking lots of milk. I think some people, like me, are more susceptible to serotonin overload based on prenatal and youth factors.

Thank you for the info! I take NDT(thyroid). Glycine has been on my list also. I drink the Gelatin in OJ and even 1 TB is hard to get down. But I want try increasing it, so how do you take the gelatin?

I use two tablespoons (Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate) per large mug of coffee with honey...it dissolves well and I cannot taste it at all.

I basically cut red meat out of my diet three months ago (except for liver on occasion)...it happened by accident, I simply lost my taste for it and I think I feel better without it.

kaybb

If you read Peat's articles on serotonin and then read the list of symptoms for fibromyalgia, it's obvious serotonin is involved at a high level. I know of three good ways to reduce serotonin.
1: Take cyproheptadine and or theanine
2: Use gelatin, BCAA and other amino acids to dilute the tryptophan
3: Don't eat any tryptophan for at least a day
I use a combination of these three methods all the time and it is really effective for me. I find I can easily slip down the serotonin pathway if I don't remain vigilant, especially when drinking lots of milk. I think some people, like me, are more susceptible to serotonin overload based on prenatal and youth factors.
Thank you..I am doing some of these. #3 ...do you mean at least a day every week or just when symptoms are bad?

kaybb

I use two tablespoons (Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate) per large mug of coffee with honey...it dissolves well and I cannot taste it at all.

I basically cut red meat out of my diet three months ago (except for liver on occasion)...it happened by accident, I simply lost my taste for it and I think I feel better without it.
Ok..good to know !

tara

kaybb

when symptoms get bad, extra salt helps with adrenaline which might be involved too
I take salt in OJ several times a day. People have posted about taking 1 tablespoon extra a day, but I don't do that much.

kaybb

Yes...I have read and re-read these many times. The body pain and vertigo/migraine ...such a puzzle to me. I just keep doing to basics & hoping, and researching for anything I am missing. Low PUFA, RP diet, NDT, OJ, caffeine-theanine&taurine to help gitters, aspirin, K2, progesterone, magnesium, sunlight and some bag breathing. Could do more bag breathing. Anyway, thanks Tara. I appreciate any info.

DaveFoster

Salt, sugar, and the right kind of protein (proline + glycine). The heart also uses saturated fatty acids.

SQu

My migraines are gone, aching much better. Are you getting enough calories? Too few, and low carb brought on all this and vertigo for me. My 2c seeing as we're all different: a litre of ice cream to stop a migraine. You have to eat even though you don't want to, and more than you think. Coffee ditto. Salt ditto ditto. To get enough, make a stock and salt to just under aversion level. Some days that's 1 teaspoon over the day, other times (PMS) it's 3. Daily eggs for happy liver, no vertigo. Gelatin super helpful mainstay of my diet but balance with sugar x2,3, or more. Aching I still get especially during PMS but thiamine, gelatin, aspirin, avoiding yoghurt, help, especially thiamine. Thyroid, progesterone. That's my list, it's always top of mind because I have to manage symptoms. Hope something there helps.

Last edited:

kaybb

My migraines are gone, aching much better. Are you getting enough calories? Too few, and low carb brought on all this and vertigo for me. My 2c seeing as we're all different: a litre of ice cream to stop a migraine. You have to eat even though you don't want to, and more than you think. Coffee ditto. Salt ditto ditto. To get enough, make a stock and salt to just under aversion level. Some days that's 1 teaspoon over the day, other times (PMS) it's 3. Daily eggs for happy liver, no vertigo. Gelatin super helpful mainstay of my diet but balance with sugar x2,3, or more. Aching I still get especially during PMS but thiamine, gelatin, aspirin, avoiding yoghurt, help, especially thiamine. Thyroid, progesterone. That's my list, it's always top of mind because I have to manage symptoms. Hope something there helps.
I just saw this .. Thank you, very helpful

kaybb

Can I ask, what do you typically eat?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals