He shou wu / fo ti questions

Lostguy24

Recently I have thought about taking he shou wu for hair growth but I have some questions worth considering like is it serotonic or can it increase it because I have heard of it being a mao b inhibitor and does it interact with dht though I have heard of it raising testosterone but I would like to hear about some other things that I may have missed when researching it also I forgot to mention how estrogenic is it

Tim Lundeen

I tried he shou wu and it was too estrogenic for me. Maybe look into topical astrogalus tincture? I've seen one reference to it working, but haven't followed up. If you do, would appreciate your sharing what you find.

ivy

You shouldn't try it unless a TCM practitioner prescribes it to you. Some "stagnation" and "dampness" were found in my case and I believe I reaped some benefit. I no longer have access to those sups and I'm not sure they're meant to be taken indefinitely. Be cautious, get an appointment if you want to follow theTCM route.

OP
L

Lostguy24

I tried he shou wu and it was too estrogenic for me. Maybe look into topical astrogalus tincture? I've seen one reference to it working, but haven't followed up. If you do, would appreciate your sharing what you find.
So can you give me more info on astragalus and why would you recommend it if the post hasn’t been followed up on